The True Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
The true church is not a denominational church, but a remnant , the ones who worship in spirit and truth. God knows his own, and he is looking for those who have not spotted their garments, and love his appearing, they follow his commandments to love one another and to love him. They can be found in all walks of life, and will not compromise. They do not worship idols, they do not elevate anyone over their Lord, they do not strive to be the only church, their only consideration is what does their Lord think about them, they are not in competition, They do not store up great riches, nor do they fail to help when they find someone in need. The do not Lord it over anyone. They will be willing to give up their lives if necessary, they speak truth, act truth, and walk in truth, with nothing hidden, they do not sell out to the devil.

Chester

May 23, 2016
The true church is not a denominational church, but a remnant , the ones who worship in spirit and truth. God knows his own, and he is looking for those who have not spotted their garments, and love his appearing, they follow his commandments to love one another and to love him. They can be found in all walks of life, and will not compromise. They do not worship idols, they do not elevate anyone over their Lord, they do not strive to be the only church, their only consideration is what does their Lord think about them, they are not in competition, They do not store up great riches, nor do they fail to help when they find someone in need. The do not Lord it over anyone. They will be willing to give up their lives if necessary, they speak truth, act truth, and walk in truth, with nothing hidden, they do not sell out to the devil.
Great post - I agree that the church of God is and will do all these things you post. The true church will live and give as Jesus did.

The only thing you post that I wonder about is your first statement: "The true church is not a denominational church" - and not knowing for sure what you are trying to say I am not saying you are wrong, I am just wondering. So I will make a few comments:
(1) If you mean that if a person is a part of a specific denomination he cannot be a part of the true church - then I disagree
(2) If you mean that a person is better off joining a nondenominational church - then I disagree
(3) If you are carrying a grudge against certain denominations - then I care about your hurt and pain
(4) If you mean that that there are Christians (the true church) spread across many denominations - then I agree
(5) If you mean that there should not be denominations - then I respond by saying there are much bigger issues to care about

K

Kim82

The true church is not a denominational church, but a remnant , the ones who worship in spirit and truth. God knows his own
Amen. Yes, so true. Jesus is the one who adds you to His Church, and by His grace you remain a member there.

they do not strive to be the only church, their only consideration is what does their Lord think about them, they are not in competition,
Amen. Every church has it's issues, only the spiritual Church is perfect where Jesus is the head corner stone.

They do not store up great riches, nor do they fail to help when they find someone in need.
Amen. There is nothing wrong with being rich. Besides, the more you have, is the more you can give. But it is wrong to store away everything and not help.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Sounds like Jesus and nobody else.

Feb 28, 2016
AMEN, Silver -
you are elected and a True Sister in Christ...
GBY and Yours in His Holy Name...
:):)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Matt 20:16, For many are called, but few chosen. The many that are called includes all of the elect. The few chosen are those of the elect that have been taught and understand the doctrine that Jesus taught. Ezk 10 has reference to Matt 20 depicting a wheel in the midst of a wheel. The invisible church being all of the elect and the visible church being those of the elect that know the doctrine that Jesus taught.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Great post - I agree that the church of God is and will do all these things you post. The true church will live and give as Jesus did.

(4) If you mean that that there are Christians (the true church) spread across many denominations - then I agree
(5) If you mean that there should not be denominations - then I respond by saying there are much bigger issues to care about
Thank you for your comment, I agree with #4 and part of #5. I believe that God has his people in all churches, and many that are in not church at all. I also believe that Jesus is not happy because of all the division that goes on in his name, denominations create division. I realize that they are trying to set a standard for what to expect inside, but it also creates division and confusion at the same time. Outsiders wonder at the differences - world Christianity consists of 6 major ecclesiastico-cultural blocs, divided into 300 major ecclesiastical traditions, composed of over 33,000 distinct denominations in 238 countries, these denominations themselves being composed of over 3,400,000 worship centers, churches or congregations.

I truly believe if Jesus was here he would tear down all the different names , so that we could all become one in Him. I have tried to figure out how to reword that sentenace but so far i have not been able , any suggestions?

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
[QUOTE="Chester, post: 4114610, member:

"The true church is not "necessarily" a denominational church" - and not knowing for sure what you are trying to say I am not saying you are wrong, I am just wondering.

Maybe that is a better wording?

Chester

May 23, 2016
Thank you for your comment, I agree with #4 and part of #5. I believe that God has his people in all churches, and many that are in not church at all. I also believe that Jesus is not happy because of all the division that goes on in his name, denominations create division. I realize that they are trying to set a standard for what to expect inside, but it also creates division and confusion at the same time. Outsiders wonder at the differences - world Christianity consists of 6 major ecclesiastico-cultural blocs, divided into 300 major ecclesiastical traditions, composed of over 33,000 distinct denominations in 238 countries, these denominations themselves being composed of over 3,400,000 worship centers, churches or congregations.

I truly believe if Jesus was here he would tear down all the different names , so that we could all become one in Him. I have tried to figure out how to reword that sentenace but so far i have not been able , any suggestions?
What about something like this:

The true church is composed of men and women from all denominations, ethnic groups, and peoples who follow and know Christ.

(I understand your sentiment about denominations - The diversity and confusion resulting from denominations often brings ruin to the name of Christ. But often when someone is fussing over denominations, all they wind up doing is starting another denomination or movement - not trying to say you are doing that :). I have decided to quit fussing about denominations and simply live powerfully, simply, and from the heart for Jesus and His kingdom. When I do this, I find that often denominational barriers break down.)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It would help a lot if all the people who claim to study the Word in depth woul dHear Jesus, Yeshua, when He speacks of our adoption as children of Abraham.

It would help even more if people would learn this knowing just what Abraham means and Who He truly is.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
The true Church is every blood bought, born again believer who confesses the name of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The true Church is every blood bought, born again believer who confesses the name of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
This is correct and is according to Scripture: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the Church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood. (Acts 20:28)

So what do we learn from this?

1. It is God manifest in the flesh -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- who shed His own blood for our redemption. It is significant that Paul speaks of God shedding His blood, since the blood of God has infinite value, and it is God as Man who died on that cross.

2. Those who truly believe on Him and on His finished work of redemption, and repent, ad saved by grace through faith, and born of the Spirit. They are the true Church.

3. The ones who are saved are also washed in the blood of the Lamb, and thus become the purchased possession of Christ. Once again the true Church. Which means that eternal security is not a license to sin.

4. The elders within each local church have a solemn responsibility to carefully watch over the spiritual welfare of those who belong to Christ, and protect them from the wolves who will surely come.

Feb 28, 2016
====================================
with 'confession/repentance' = being brought out = 'called-elect-chosen', = this is the beginning of our brand new life of 'over-coming'
our 'past lives while we lived in and served satan in this 'fallen world = s&g, = serving satan & his agendas, counterfeit/copying
of God's ways -
and so, the result is the beginning of our new journey-living for real, our new lives in God's Holy World, Light/Ways,
growing day-by-day in Love in Gratitude/Obedience/Worship/Praise, His world, apart from satan's,
that sets us Free from the old ways that we thought we loved/served so much and desired to live in for ever -
we praise Yeshua each and every day for 'dragging' us and bringing us out of such misery/bondage/destruction,
and self-denial...