"The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation" -- Dr Devra Davis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
So, woke up in the middle of the night, and thought I need to know about cell phone radiation. This video is worth a watch....

"The truth about mobile phone and wireless radiation" -- Dr Devra Davis

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
It was interesting, and definitely makes me glad I'm not a heavy phone user.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I am guilty of putting my phone next to my bed as my alarm - this video just opened up my eyes as to how dangerous mobiles are 😭

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
It was interesting, and definitely makes me glad I'm not a heavy phone user.
Cindy, did you watch it all the way through? I can see you watching it straight through.

I'm currently at the 18 minute mark and probably not gonna watch anymore. That stuff freaks me out. My phone is on airplane mode for now on when I'm on the go. Headphones when talking, ANnnnnnnD........... add mp3 music on my phone in the future. Crazy right?

The lady said in the video, cell phones operate at the same frequency as microwaves.............

1568952651609.jpeg

I'm not crazy, this world is crazy, institution!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I am guilty of putting my phone next to my bed as my alarm - this video just opened up my eyes as to how dangerous mobiles are 😭
I heard of the study done by Australia, but it was just sound bites. To see a full presentation on it was to much to handle for me. She could just say, cell phones operate at the same frequency as microwaves. Have a nice day. She also said, the same is true for wireless.

This guy at my old job was a stereo typical nerd, think revenge of the nerds....

1568952987487.jpeg

I always get a long with nerds, they are great fun, and they let you copy their homework for school. I joke...joking...so joking right now.

Anyways, the guy at work said, he refuses to wear wireless headphones, because of radiation. In conclusion, make friends with nerds, because they know stuff.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
She could just say, cell phones operate at the same frequency as microwaves.

Uuuummmmm..................they don't.

Microwaves operate at 2450 MHz which is within a band designated by the FCC for NON-COMMUNICATION devices

Cell phones either operate between 1850-1990 MHz or between 824-894

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Cindy, did you watch it all the way through? I can see you watching it straight through.

I'm currently at the 18 minute mark and probably not gonna watch anymore. That stuff freaks me out. My phone is on airplane mode for now on when I'm on the go. Headphones when talking, ANnnnnnnD........... add mp3 music on my phone in the future. Crazy right?

The lady said in the video, cell phones operate at the same frequency as microwaves.............

View attachment 204278

I'm not crazy, this world is crazy, institution!

I watched pretty much the whole thing, and mostly it was saying that there may be a problem, but the only take aways that were rather conclusive were: if you're a guy who wants to have kids don't store your cell phone in your front pants pocket, generally don't store your cell phone in your clothing against your skin, and be very cautious about letting them be close to small or unborn children for long periods of time.

What it didn't really cover at all was how close is too close, and at this point I think modeling talking on the phone is a bad model because especially among the younger generations most people are more likely to set the phone on the table next to them and text rather than hold it to their ear for extended periods of time to talk. (Or if they talk alot they've probably already got an earpiece for the convenience (but if it's a wireless earpiece does that change your exposure?)) Also there was nothing about the attenuation of the field which would be rather important to know how far away from yourself should you keep your cell phone for safe levels of exposure.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If y'all think the EM from phones is bad, you should scope those wireless chargers! o_O

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Uuuummmmm..................they don't.

Microwaves operate at 2450 MHz which is within a band designated by the FCC for NON-COMMUNICATION devices

Cell phones either operate between 1850-1990 MHz or between 824-894
Looks like someone just debunked the doctor. I will have to send her an e-mail and get to the bottom of the matter.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I watched pretty much the whole thing, and mostly it was saying that there may be a problem, but the only take aways that were rather conclusive were: if you're a guy who wants to have kids don't store your cell phone in your front pants pocket, generally don't store your cell phone in your clothing against your skin, and be very cautious about letting them be close to small or unborn children for long periods of time.

What it didn't really cover at all was how close is too close, and at this point I think modeling talking on the phone is a bad model because especially among the younger generations most people are more likely to set the phone on the table next to them and text rather than hold it to their ear for extended periods of time to talk. (Or if they talk alot they've probably already got an earpiece for the convenience (but if it's a wireless earpiece does that change your exposure?)) Also there was nothing about the attenuation of the field which would be rather important to know how far away from yourself should you keep your cell phone for safe levels of exposure.
Yeah, I don't know. It might be just a wake up call not to get to attached to high tech devices.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
If y'all think the EM from phones is bad, you should scope those wireless chargers! o_O
What's going on with wireless chargers? I use the standard apple charger.

Not really a call phone fan, but smart phones are pretty amazing. Just think how many applications smart phones have.....

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Not to mention smart tvs.

I saw somewhere that smart tvs have built in cameras who are watching and recording our every move - I thought they were already doing that with mobile phones?

M

Miri

I’ve had a mobile phone for 22 years, including the early ones which use to
get very hot and were as big as your TV remote control.
Everyone said they fry your brain.

As far as I’m aware, my brain has remained unfried. No one I have ever met or
know of, has had their brain fried by a mobile phone.

If the comments in the video are true, 90% of the modern world would
have brain cancer and fried brains by now.

I suppose death by Facebook addiction might be a possibility though!

Aug 2, 2009
All I know is that EMF's (electro magnetic fields) are known to cause cancer. That's why it's not good to own a home near an electrical tower. But a cellphone is probably safe as long as you're not putting it to your ear all the time. Most people just text each other now anyway.