THE TRUTH ABOUT TATTOOS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jaume, I take it that you prefer the message direct from the Holy Spirit. Does that mean you don't have to read that big Bible of yours, which has over 1000 pages - with lots of commandments to obey, and with clear specific directions not to follow the world and its wicked ways, but be separate, be holy as God is holy?
Since Good Friday, 1969, I have been reading the Word, but only afdter receiving the Holy Spirit.

I stopped my7 life as it was, went to the Rockies, studied the Word there and shared it with any and all who would heaqr. I had a circuit of several states for three yeasrs. At this point I was given by God to traqvel to Israel.

Since that time I have been reading the Word and prayeing with meditations. I have read the Word first in English, followed by French and Spanish. Finalll I read it in Hebrew. All of this study which has only benefitted me, will not get you acoross the street without the Holy Spirit teaching and leading

You have allude to adhering to a study. This forum is for discussing the Bible,not for simply discussing what people not present have writtne upon the suibject.

So my answer to you very sarcasstic question is simple: YES I prefer learning from the Holy Spirit than from that big book alone. It is the Holy Spirit only Who teaches any who believe.

I am very sorry you do not yet know tis.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Yes, God accepts tattooed people who have repented of their sins and turned to the Lord Jesus Christ.
But if they think they can continue with their tattoos, or promote tattoos, or defend tattoos - then they have got another think coming!

And don't promote the absurd argument, "Christians can have filthy thoughts , but never would dream of having a tattoo". Are you trying to imply that tattooed people have pure minds?

The Bible roundly condemns Tattoes, and people should repent of their sin and turn to Christ for forgiveness. God is looking for repentance from those who defend tattoos.

Why not repent? Is that too much for your vanity, your pride?
God WILL knock you off that big high peddle stool that you are sitting on , because He loves a humble heart , not a proud heart pointing fingers...
Have you not got any of your sins maybe you can share ? Jesus did say we are to take the log out of our own eye before we remove the splinter from anothers...

S

SophieT

“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

It is important for those of us who are born again Christians, to know that there is a huge difference between the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the condemnation of the enemy of our faith. It can affect how we approach life.

Please, let there be no confusion. The Holy Spirit works to convict us to push away from the ensnarement of sin (doing that which is wrong) and towards God in freedom. The condemning spirit of the enemy of our faith works to push us away from God. This is done in shame and condemnation, so we are more prone in hopelessness, to continue to do what we should NOT.

great article it's an article from a site called 'Marriage Missions', but is applicable to our walk as Christians in all aspects

seriously, if you are torn with guilt even though you confess your sins (and you would be surprised at the many that do that very thing) and are not experiencing freedom in our Lord Jesus Christ, then take a little time and search out this article. It may help you

S

SophieT

here is another excerpt:

Please Note:
“There are two feelings we can experience after we’ve sinned. One is conviction and the other is condemnation. Conviction is from the Holy Spirit, prompting us to confess and be restored to fellowship so God can continue to bless us. Its purpose is to draw us closer to God. Condemnation is from Satan, trying to convince us that we’re no good, and that God will never forgive us. It’s purpose is to keep us away from God by making us feel guilty.
“As soon as we confess our sins, we’re forgiven and the sin is forgotten as God immediately purifies us from all unrighteousness (See: 1 John 1:9). Any bad feelings we have after that are feelings of guilt that come from Satan.
“So if you’re being drawn closer to God, you’re feeling the conviction of the Holy Spirit. But if you feel like hiding from God and begin to doubt His love for you, you’re feeling condemnation from the devil. Rebuke those feelings in the name of Jesus. Resist the devil and he’ll flee from you” (see: James 4:7-10). (Jack Kelley, of Grace Thru Faith Ministries)

God WILL knock you off that big high peddle stool that you are sitting on , because He loves a humble heart , not a proud heart pointing fingers...
Have you not got any of your sins maybe you can share ? Jesus did say we are to take the log out of our own eye before we remove the splinter from anothers...
Rosemary, why are you trying to defend the indefensible? Tattoos are Satanic in origin. See my latest thread.

And I do have a humble heart. I am trying to help people understand that God is holy and righteous, even as He is gracious and merciful.

Isn't it better to confess our sin and repent and cry to God for deliverance? Even from this 'disease' of tattoos?

S

SophieT

So often we see this don't we? People who can't afford to care for their kids will smoke, drink, get tattoos, unwisely spend of frivolous things. None of which honors the Savior.
all outward signs of desperate hearts :cry:

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
What about the very next verse? Is that ok?

28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.
29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
I don’t like tattoos, even “tasteful” ones.

Having said that, and recommending against getting them, we have to be careful not to alienate those in the world we want to reach the Gospel with, and baby Christians just starting to walk with this type of legalism.

Are we justified by faith in Christ? Or by rigidly following the Law ?

S

SophieT

Rosemary, why are you trying to defend the indefensible? Tattoos are Satanic in origin. See my latest thread.

And I do have a humble heart. I am trying to help people understand that God is holy and righteous, even as He is gracious and merciful.

Isn't it better to confess our sin and repent and cry to God for deliverance? Even from this 'disease' of tattoos?

I'm just gonna say bye bye now and leave you to it. people are now aware of your behavior and it won't be tolerated forever

So my answer to you very sarcasstic question is simple: YES I prefer learning from the Holy Spirit than from that big book alone. It is the Holy Spirit only Who teaches any who believe.
I am very sorry you do not yet know tis.
Jaume, I believe in the Holy Spirit as much as you do. I am only telling you that when the Bible tells us that something is SIN, let us acknowledge that it is sin! Don't skirt around the issue. That's all, my friend.

And P.S. I do love you with Christian love. I don't want you to be contaminated by the hate directed against me by a few weak-minded and stubborn individuals. The Bible uses the term 'silly women', easily deceived.

I don’t like tattoos, even “tasteful” ones.

Having said that, and recommending against getting them, we have to be careful not to alienate those in the world we want to reach the Gospel with, and baby Christians just starting to walk with this type of legalism.

Are we justified by faith in Christ? Or by rigidly following the Law ?
PennEd, I appreciate what you've written. I am only trying to warn people about the dangers of tattoos. It's not a simple worldly fad. They are Satanic in origin, and even lead to demonic possession. (See my latest thread on the subject.)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

You are raining on wet ground.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
“There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

It is important for those of us who are born again Christians, to know that there is a huge difference between the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the condemnation of the enemy of our faith. It can affect how we approach life.

Please, let there be no confusion. The Holy Spirit works to convict us to push away from the ensnarement of sin (doing that which is wrong) and towards God in freedom. The condemning spirit of the enemy of our faith works to push us away from God. This is done in shame and condemnation, so we are more prone in hopelessness, to continue to do what we should NOT.

great article it's an article from a site called 'Marriage Missions', but is applicable to our walk as Christians in all aspects

seriously, if you are torn with guilt even though you confess your sins (and you would be surprised at the many that do that very thing) and are not experiencing freedom in our Lord Jesus Christ, then take a little time and search out this article. It may help you
@SophieT ...
I have book marked this...
Very useful to keep...
Thank you...
...xox...

S

SophieT

@SophieT ...
I have book marked this...
Very useful to keep...
Thank you...
...xox...

you are a precious sister in Christ! you encourage us all with your loving heart

it is a good site (article) and I'm going to go over it myself. hugs

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jaume, I believe in the Holy Spirit as much as you do. I am only telling you that when the Bible tells us that something is SIN, let us acknowledge that it is sin! Don't skirt around the issue. That's all, my friend.

And P.S. I do love you with Christian love. I don't want you to be contaminated by the hate directed against me by a few weak-minded and stubborn individuals. The Bible uses the term 'silly women', easily deceived.
You have never learned the written code kills, the Spirit gives life.

By reading the Bible alone, no man can be saved, it does kill. By reading in prayer and meditations and learning as you go from the Holy Spirit we are walking in the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man, not even the strongest in faith may seize truth from out blessed Father. Each time we progress in understanding is a gift from Him.

Do not be desstroyed with what is falsely called knowledge. We must always pray for the knowledge, understanding and wisdom of our Father from our Father. God bless you. Nos pleaqse do not assume so much about so many.

You have never learned the written code kills, the Spirit gives life.

By reading the Bible alone, no man can be saved, it does kill. By reading in prayer and meditations and learning as you go from the Holy Spirit we are walking in the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man, not even the strongest in faith may seize truth from out blessed Father. Each time we progress in understanding is a gift from Him.

Do not be desstroyed with what is falsely called knowledge. We must always pray for the knowledge, understanding and wisdom of our Father from our Father. God bless you. Nos pleaqse do not assume so much about so many.
Jaume, remember this, the Holy Spirit will never condone sin. In fact, His first work is to convict of sin. Unfortunately, nobody wants to be convicted of the sin of having/accepting/defending tattoos. Why not say, "Lord, I have erred grievously in this matter. I was deceived by Satan. Forgive me, Lord. Yes, my body should be the temple of the Holy Spirit, and I have defiled it. Cleanse me, wash me in your precious blood. Help me live a holy life, pleasing unto You. By Your mercy and grace! In Jesus' name. Amen."

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I am obliged to use the read aloud and narrator options due to low vision. I do not see the test well at all, so I beg any whofeel my posting or lack thereof odd, please forgive myu overooking some posts or not getting to so many. I thank our Father for my grdual loss of vision for I now see in a different way, soooo much. This is just another step towards home, HOME. God bless all. Love in Yeshua...j

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
PennEd, I appreciate what you've written. I am only trying to warn people about the dangers of tattoos. It's not a simple worldly fad. They are Satanic in origin, and even lead to demonic possession. (See my latest thread on the subject.)
Well I hear what you are saying, but it doesn’t change that people need the Gospel, presented in love, and THEN the Holy Spirit will work on them.

Your approach is likely to drive people away.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Several here who I have come to know as strong in the faith have mentioned, "I don't like them" and often this is His guidance in this area.
Jesus reduced all of the law to "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself". We are no longer under a series of do this and don't do that, we are to take EVERYTHING to the Lord for His guidance and them walk it out.
I have yet to see Him guide anyone to practice this form of self mutilation, far the opposite, it seems to be a way the devil marks his own.