The unforgivable sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Then what do you say to thousands of Baptist who say the holy Spirit is a demon in tongues? Are they lost or is there more to it?
No worries. Tongues, as practiced today, isn't the Holy Spirit so no blaspheme is involved. And no, I'm not Baptist.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I just wanted to discuss the sin of blasphemy of the holy Spirit. I believe I have the Spirit when I say there's no unforgivable sin, period. Let's consider what the Bible says. The pharisees called the Spirit Jesus cast out demons with the prince of devil's. So he tells them they'll never be saved. But to be saved you must accept the Spirit. To be saved you must accept Jesus and you'll never be saved if you think he's the devil. Do you really think the holy Spirit is so touchy He can't forgive a comment? Plenty of people have called charismatics demon possessed but they receive Jesus and the Holy Spirit and are saved. The Holy Spirit led me to this conclusion. Because even men can forgive a comment but not if they were completely hated and austrasized.
I trust in the Word of God... What they did was to declare the Holy Spirit to be the prince of devils.. And that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit for which they shall never have forgiveness.. It is the unforgivable sin.. Don't declare Jesus to be a liar..

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As long as there are tongues, and as long as there are prophecies to be fulfilled,, they are yet availed to those truly gifted with either or both.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31 is a specific one. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians), having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub." (Matthew 12:24) Notice in Mark 3:30 that Jesus is very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit." They said, "He has an unclean spirit." These Pharisees were obviously not believers to commit this unpardonable sin. What is unpardonable for us today is the state of continued unbelief. (John 3:18)

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
The Mark of the Beast is unpardonable.
Yes, that is an extremely lethal sin.

Rev 14:9-11 . . And another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with
a loud voice: If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a
mark on his forehead or upon his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the
wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he
will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels
and in the presence of the Lamb.

. . . And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; and they
have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and
whoever receives the mark of his name.

The world saw a sort of "mark of the beast" during the pandemic. In some
areas folks risked the loss of their jobs, their careers, and their licenses to
practice for refusing to accept a Covid vac, and shoppers had to show proof of
inoculation before they could even enter a store to purchase basic
necessities. So we can be fairly certain the passage below is at the very
least a strong possibility.

Rev 13:16-17 . . And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich
and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their
right hand, or on their forehead, and he provides that no one should be able
to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the
beast or the number of his name.
_

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Matt 25:42 . .Then he will say to those on his left: Depart from me, you
who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

"you who are cursed" are defined as people indifferent to the woes of Jesus'
countrymen.

Matt 25:42-46 . . For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was
thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not
invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in
prison and you did not look after me. I tell you the truth, whatever you did
not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go
away to eternal punishment.

And then there's folks like Iran, and the Hamas.

Gen 12:1-3 . . The Lord said to Abram . . I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse.
_

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I just wanted to discuss the sin of blasphemy of the holy Spirit. I believe I have the Spirit when I say there's no unforgivable sin, period. Let's consider what the Bible says. The pharisees called the Spirit Jesus cast out demons with the prince of devil's. So he tells them they'll never be saved. But to be saved you must accept the Spirit. To be saved you must accept Jesus and you'll never be saved if you think he's the devil. Do you really think the holy Spirit is so touchy He can't forgive a comment? Plenty of people have called charismatics demon possessed but they receive Jesus and the Holy Spirit and are saved. The Holy Spirit led me to this conclusion. Because even men can forgive a comment but not if they were completely hated and austrasized.
If you look at what happened the Pharisees were taking g what Jesus was doing by the spirit of god , and they were claiming Jesus was doing this by the spirit of beelzebub prince of demons

Its just like when they worshipped the calf nd gave it glory for delivering them from bondage in Egypt

if we can’t distinguish between Gods goodness and satans evil were in deep trouble

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Heb 10:26-27 . . For if we sin willfully after we have received the
knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a
certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will
devour the adversaries.

That passage is basically a reiteration of Num 15:30-31 which is codified in
the covenant that Moses' people agreed upon with God per Exodus,
Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. (For the purposes of a letter that
specifically addresses Jews, a "knowledge of the truth" would of course be
relative to that one particular covenant.)

Now the thing is: that covenant's rules and regulations are not retroactive.
(Deut 5:2-4) Therefore they wouldn't be binding upon priesthoods
established prior to Aaron's.

Melchizedek (Gen 14:18) was exempt from the rules and regulations of that
covenant because he was the Almighty's high priest something like +/- 400
years before Aaron. (Gal 3:17)

Jesus' priesthood is patterned after Melchizedek's. (Ps 110:4 & Heb 5:10)

Therefore, seeing as how Jesus' priesthood isn't subject to Num 15:30-31,
then neither are the people addressed in the Bible as "in Christ" (a.k.a. "in him")
_

Jul 14, 2019
What's really sad is Holy Spirit is mute to most people and has no power. So many experts of the Bible to themselves. If I posted one of my prophecies you would blaspheme the Spirit but you won't grant any reason to the doctrine of blasphemy.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
What's really sad is Holy Spirit is mute to most people and has no power. So many experts of the Bible to themselves. If I posted one of my prophecies you would blaspheme the Spirit but you won't grant any reason to the doctrine of blasphemy.
Well there really is no excuse for people ignoring direct biblical teaching such as that on the Holy Spirit that is very easy to find throughout the Bible and especially the New Testament in Paul's letters.

I'm really not given to 'personal prophecies' and have seen some very false ones in this forum, not to mention myriad other places. I don't need to hear yours or anyone else's since scripture is plain enough but the question that your op brings to mind, especially since you take such stock in the leading of the Holy Spirit and desire that others would also, is:

why then, do you put a different spin on the words of Christ? His words are plain yet you desire to think you have a better understanding. it's kind of ...well...strange, no?

No one is totally immune from deception and that may especially include those who pray in tongues or manifest other spiritual gifts.

When you pray in the spirit, you are opening a door to a spiritual dimension and some believe that a Christian cannot be deceived. That, can be found, in scripture, to not be the case at all.

I pray you review your thoughts on the matter.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
Then what do you say to thousands of Baptist who say the holy Spirit is a demon in tongues? Are they lost or is there more to it?
Great question. A verse comes do mind and I think we all can apply it to our selfs in some areas "if you were blind you would have no sin you say you see your sin remains". Most are blind.

The sweet sweet holy Spirit also pulls at the sinners heart.. if they reject that there is no salvation. Please lets not talk about a group of people when it comes to the holy Spirit. Well if its like you said the many even here on this forum have "blasphemed the holy Spirit".

But they were never talking about the Holy Spirit. They could blind or those they talk about are really blind. But think WHO going around today doing what Christ did told us we that believe can do it. Who is doing it? Seems ALLOT are safe. Well they don't do those works there are "these signs shall follow them that believe" in them around them. So "those that do" .. yeah we just love them so much and speak words of life huh.

See when today we look at someone doing these things its not Christ were looking at its some man/woman. You can believe the gifts have stopped and your just judging the person.. make sense? I could be wrong but He said it was not forgiven He never said not saved or they are lost. There were no Christians there so.. hmm . It was His own Jewish people some were making fun calling Him of the devil what not.

Jul 14, 2019
Most have blasphemed the Holy Spirit if you can't even say anything. Mostly because it is the Spirit in pentecostals. They've mocked the tongues in memes, called it evil spirits, laughed at it. I guess you're judging your own selves. There's no way out then. You really say so.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Forgiveness of any sin hinges upon timing. Folks on the wrong side of
the netherworld are stuck there because they let absolution slip thru their
fingers when it was available.

2Cor 6:1-2 . . As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's
grace in vain. For He says: In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the
day of salvation I helped you. I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now
is the day of salvation.

Heb 3:8 . .Today, if you hear His voice, do not resist.

As a parallel case; the Pharaoh of Egypt was given ample opportunity to
comply with Moses' demands until the night when an angel came thru Egypt
slaying all the land's firstborn sons; even the firstborn among livestock.

Another parallel case is the Flood when Noah warned of an impending
deluge year after year until the day came when all not aboard the ark were
slain; including moms, infants, and elder citizens.

Compare the parable of the ten maidens wherein five weren't thinking. They
let themselves be distracted with a trifle and by doing so missed the party.
_