The wages of sin is death . . Romans 6:23

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hi, and welcome to CC...

What's your point?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @MichaelBoryAlis, there is no shortage of Christians who are sinners either ;) As Martin Luther put it, we are "simul justus et peccator" (at the same time just and sinner), on this side of the grave, that is.

That said, I believe Romans 6:23 is speaking in regard to the other side of the grave, about "eternal" death in the Lake of Fire and how those who end up there get there (and the fact that they receive what they have earned or deserve). That statement is contrasted with eternal life with God in Heaven/on the new earth, and how we get there instead (as a free gift, because it was paid for, in full, by Someone else on our behalf :)).

It is a truly amazing verse, as it is (in a very real way) the Gospel, the Good News and the bad news, in a single verse :)

God bless you!

~Deut

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Oh, and along with @Dino246, let me also say, welcome to CCHat :)

God bless you!

~Deut

1 Thessalonians 5
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
No shortage of christians dying.
You've got to be kidding me. You sound as if you don't know the difference between eternity with Jesus and eternity in hellfire. Anihilationism is a myth, my friend. Read the end of Revelation for a recap on the two great resurrections. I saw your other thread. You are going down a dead end road really fast. Better stop and think about the way you are spreading confusion right now. Better think about the consequences. You have been warned.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Welcome Michael.

You will find that the bible is about God, and God's world is different from the physical world we live in. A Christian's aim is to live in this world the best way possible, with joy and peace. We also are aware that there is a spirit within us that is beyond this world, as we can clearly see if we ever watch a person dying. Something leaves his body, for it is alive one moment and then something leaves it and he is dead. It is that something that leaves it, and what happens to that "something" that we are interested in. Most of scripture is speaking about this. It is called eternal life.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
No shortage of christians dying.
I am not sure what purpose your comments serve yet. However, the simplistic statement above has Biblical Truth to support it. I am just not sure that is what you are referring to.

The 8th Chapter of Romans gives us some insight into this:

1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Scripture tells us that it is appointed once for all to die, so there is nothing to fear from the death of the flesh IF we are saved, sanctified and justified children of the Living God. I pray you are,

Jan 16, 2021
Hello @MichaelBoryAlis, there is no shortage of Christians who are sinners either ;) As Martin Luther put it, we are "simul justus et peccator" (at the same time just and sinner), on this side of the grave, that is.

That said, I believe Romans 6:23 is speaking in regard to the other side of the grave, about "eternal" death in the Lake of Fire and how those who end up there get there (and the fact that they receive what they have earned or deserve). That statement is contrasted with eternal life with God in Heaven/on the new earth, and how we get there instead (as a free gift, because it was paid for, in full, by Someone else on our behalf :)).rd

It is a truly amazing verse, as it is (in a very real way) the Gospel, the Good News and the bad news, in a single verse :)

God bless you!

~Deut
If the wages of sin was 'eternal death' - Jesus never paid the price for sin.

Back to the drawing board.

Jan 16, 2021
You've got to be kidding me. You sound as if you don't know the difference between eternity with Jesus and eternity in hellfire. Anihilationism is a myth, my friend. Read the end of Revelation for a recap on the two great resurrections. I saw your other thread. You are going down a dead end road really fast. Better stop and think about the way you are spreading confusion right now. Better think about the consequences. You have been warned.
You might study out the Nordic Mythological name 'Hel' - where your myth of 3rd dimensional 'hell-fire' sprang from.
Or do you need me to school you?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
If the wages of sin was 'eternal death' - Jesus never paid the price for sin.

Back to the drawing board.
No that's why Jesus paid the price for sin. Only Eternal God could pay the debt sin created.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Be careful about laying out the welcome mat before you know what's up.
It's a discussion site, not a personal home. Everyone is welcome to come in; some are welcome to go right back out again.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You might study out the Nordic Mythological name 'Hel' - where your myth of 3rd dimensional 'hell-fire' sprang from.
Or do you need me to school you?
You haven't been around here long enough to "school" anyone.

Lose the attitude, or find the exit.

Jan 16, 2021
From Hebrews 9:27 Man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment

Nobody born again of the Holy Spirit of God will suffer the second death.

On to the next verse - Heb 9:28 SO CHIRST WAS OFFERED to bear the sins of many, and unto those that look for him shall he appear without sin unto salvation

Jan 16, 2021
Please school all of us, Great Nordic Myth-master.:rolleyes::coffee:
Well, you can start in Mark 9 where 'hell-fire' is translated. Vs 49 states ALL SHALL BE SALTED WITH FIRE.
Of course, if you study, you'll find Jesus spoke of Gehenna, the burning dump outside Jerusalem.
If you think its 'literal', there should be people burning in a dump outside Jerusalem.
Ponder upon that and you'll see the foolishness of men's doctrines.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If the wages of sin was 'eternal death' -
until it was covered by Blood.(and no, this did not come from some Nordic Myth). If you think you can deceive those who walk and talk with Jesus every day, you have a hard row to hoe ahead of you, mister. Time is running out for you.

John
9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Please ask Jesus to open your eyes today.

Jan 16, 2021
until it was covered by Blood.(and no, this did not come from some Nordic Myth). If you think you can deceive those who walk and talk with Jesus every day, you have a hard row to hoe ahead of you, mister. Time is running out for you.

John
9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

Please ask Jesus to open your eyes today.
Let's see how honest and intelligent you are -
What does "ALL THINGS" mean in Romans 11:36 - Out of him and though him and to him are ALL THINGS.

Try to avoid the run around and elaborate on Romans 11:36.
This is just for starters, I have a whole cherry-orchard.

B

Blackpowderduelist

If you are already dead you can never die again.