The way of our Lord Jesus Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
In the Bible our Lord Jesus Christ shows us the way of light and the way perfetion, which differend in many ways from of the normal ways of mankind, or the ways of patriotism, or the way of gun protection.

How can we proclame his word to love our enemy, if we carry guns and are ready to kill our enemys? Isn't our work here is to convert our enemys to the path of righteousness, being also ready to get killed in that path? Isn't that the true way of our Lord Jesus Christ, where he is calling a man to turn and walk to receive the eternal life?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
In the Bible our Lord Jesus Christ shows us the way of light and the way perfetion, which differend in many ways from of the normal ways of mankind, or the ways of patriotism, or the way of gun protection.

How can we proclame his word to love our enemy, if we carry guns and are ready to kill our enemys? Isn't our work here is to convert our enemys to the path of righteousness, being also ready to get killed in that path? Isn't that the true way of our Lord Jesus Christ, where he is calling a man to turn and walk to receive the eternal life?
A big AMEN to that..

It does not matter if they kill us.. We have Victory through our LORD Jesus the Redeemer. :D

John146

Jan 13, 2016

Has the Lord not given us the right to defend ourselves, our family if the other party does not want to live in peace? It may not be possible to live at peace.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Are people teaching against Christ's teaching in what has been called the sermon on the mount? Any who may do so should be regarded as unbelievers.

Jan 17, 2020
Has the Lord not given us the right to defend ourselves, our family if the other party does not want to live in peace? It may not be possible to live at peace.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
In the NT believers never used violence to defend themselves. They moved out of the way. The destruction of Jerusalem a classic example when Jesus told them to flee, not fight.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
In the NT believers never used violence to defend themselves. They moved out of the way. The destruction of Jerusalem a classic example when Jesus told them to flee, not fight.
So, you believe self defense is unbiblical? Should Christians be the door mat of society?

Jan 17, 2020
So, you believe self defense is unbiblical? Should Christians be the door mat of society?
Physical Violence is to be avoided. Jesus rebuked Peter for it and us too along with Peter. If you cannot love your enemy, how can you love anyone in truth, including God?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
2 Corinthians 10: KJV
3 "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: {4} For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;"

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Physical Violence is to be avoided. Jesus rebuked Peter for it and us too along with Peter. If you cannot love your enemy, how can you love anyone in truth, including God?
Yes, physical violence should be avoided, but what if the other party does not want peace? They continue to bring violence upon you and threaten your wife and children?

Are Christians not to join the armed forces?

Jan 17, 2020
Yes, physical violence should be avoided, but what if the other party does not want peace? They continue to bring violence upon you and threaten your wife and children?

Are Christians not to join the armed forces?
You cannot prove your love for God and others unless you can love enemies. Love of enemies proves your love is unconditional. Otherwise, you love God and people as you love ice cream or anything that pleases you.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You cannot prove your love for God and others unless you can love enemies. Love of enemies proves your love is unconditional. Otherwise, you love God and people as you love ice cream or anything that pleases you.
Thanks for not answering my question.🙄

Obviously, we are to love our enemies. But if that enemy attacks my wife and tries to molest my kids, I’m going to defend against those attacks. You would sit by and do nothing? You think by doing nothing, you’re loving your enemies? How about loving your family?

Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for not answering my question.🙄

Obviously, we are to love our enemies. But if that enemy attacks my wife and tries to molest my kids, I’m going to defend against those attacks. You would sit by and do nothing? You think by doing nothing, you’re loving your enemies? How about loving your family?
Jesus would insert himself between the killer and the victims and take the bullet for them. But all the time I would know the situation is under God's control. I would rather take a bullet for someone than to kill and the enemy only to later waste away riddled by a disease with nothing to show for it.

Nov 26, 2012
Love there doesn’t mean you lie down and let people kick you. Agape means a dutiful, social compassion to care for the needs of community. To provide food for an enemy, to give him medicine and shelter is agape. You can defend yourself but if you prevail, you don’t shame him and cause him undue harm. That’s agape.

Jan 17, 2020
Love there doesn’t mean you lie down and let people kick you. Agape means a dutiful, social compassion to care for the needs of community. To provide food for an enemy, to give him medicine and shelter is agape. You can defend yourself but if you prevail, you don’t shame him and cause him undue harm. That’s agape.
Jesus taught non-violence. To not resist evil. How can you love God if you cannot think his words are worth dying for? Dying rather than killing an enemy proves you love God more than life itself. Plus you wear the martyrs crown instead of a hospital gown.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Jesus would insert himself between the killer and the victims and take the bullet for them. But all the time I would know the situation is under God's control. I would rather take a bullet for someone than to kill and the enemy only to later waste away riddled by a disease with nothing to show for it.
This makes no sense to me. Would you defend your wife and kids? Even it that meant with physical violence?

Jan 17, 2020
This makes no sense to me. Would you defend your wife and kids? Even it that meant with physical violence?
No. Did Abraham welch on giving up Issac when God required it of him? The saved go to heaven which Paul says is better. The unsaved suffer less in hell the sooner they die and the less sin they have.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No. Did Abraham welch on giving up Issac when God required it of him? The saved go to heaven which Paul says is better. The unsaved suffer less in hell the sooner they die and the less sin they have.
Are you married? If so, have you told your wife you will not defend her against attacks such as rape? You’ll stand by and do nothing?

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014

In old time Jewish did not wanted peace with christians, but still the christians did not fight agains them with arms, and still as we all know they (the christians) win that fight, and because they stick the dostrine of our Lord Jesus. Many of them died in the hands of enemy, but still tehy are winners, and they always will be winners unlike those who atacked againt them.

Jan 17, 2020
Are you married? If so, have you told your wife you will not defend her against attacks such as rape? You’ll stand by and do nothing?
She knows my position on violence. And agrees that it's better to die upholding Christ than to kill enemies while denying him.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
There is a differrend to exemple tie someone for selfdefense than kill someone.