The way of our Lord Jesus Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 5, 2020
You are correct but that guy rejects scripture left and right.

I have a hard time thinking he is anything other than a troll to call a father saving his daughter from the suffering of rape, a war monger.

Definitely not someone who understands what love is. Let alone what loving your enemy is.
I don't know about the troll thing but I would say someone who says that about a father defending his daughter from the worst is either a liar, gutless, or not that well educated.
From what I remember of the bible it says a man that doesn't defend his home and family is the worst kind of human. And that is absolutely right.
I said in another post to them that I don't think they expect people to take them seriously with all the bunk they say and defend here.

I use to work with an atheist. We knew he was one because he'd tell that to anyone who would give him a moment of attention.
For sick kicks he'd get a buzz on drinking screwdrivers for breakfast so there was no obvious alcohol smell coming off him. Then he'd choose a different church every Sunday to go to and fake sincerity in wanting to have a come to Jesus encounter with anyone there who would pay him that kind of attention.

When he ran out of local churches he'd travel to the towns nearby. He loved that some of those poor unsuspecting God hearted souls would give him money to get him by. Tithes for his drinking kitty, he called it.

One Sunday I'm of a mind that he got a little too excited about his next church visit. My guess is he drank a little more than he thought would mess him up before he could get into a nice comfy pew and nod off behind his shades during the sermon, as usual.

It started to rain, police said his tires were not so good on the front, one blew and sent him fishtailing sideways down the road. When it all stopped he'd wrapped the driver side around an ancient oak on a really deep curve. Turns out, when we looked it up on the maps finder on Google, he was just blocks from a church. My guess is that was where he was headed.

All that trouble, all that contempt, all that disrespect and never taking those good Christians at the churches seriously so as to let anything sink in. After all that he still died as an atheist.
Something he would never know though was that his accident and obit was in the local paper. We checked around at the time and found that all the people that were there attending the graveside service , more than the friends we knew he had, because his family were dead, were those parishioners from all those churches he had visited and just to mess with them.

That was a very powerful thing to realize on that day we buried our work buddy. And he'd never know that for all the contempt he showed and felt for those good people, in the end they showed love for him. Even when he wasn't there to receive it.

I haven't thought about the man in years until the idiot that plays the same kind of games here. Those were the last words I said to that work buddy too. Friday at clock out he's giddy he's going to another church a few counties over to play his games. Make a little tax free cash. I turned to go to my car and said to him as he turned toward his, you know what God calls the *#$Y()% that games people in a church? Idiot!

I actually don't regret that. He was one. He died without a drop of remorse for what he had done for months on those Sundays he looked so forward to.
Maybe every town has an idiot like that. Some buy computers because they maybe ran out of churches to harass.

Mar 5, 2020
How do you "Not resist evil" Matthew 5:39, by resisting it? And killing enemies instead of loving them? And then call yourself a Christian?

The two swords were necessary to have Jesus numbered with the transgressors. He rebuked Peter for using one on Malchus, cutting off his ear........
Tell you what, when evil comes for you, stand there and take it. If you live through that maybe you'll be a better person on the other side of it. Rather than thinking you're having fun messing with Christians and talking garbage about and toward the bible they hold sacred. Evolve! Soon!

Mar 5, 2020
People see what they want to see in scripture. Why all the opposing denominations?
Why don't you look it up and find out.
People see what they want to see in scripture? Then why are you asking people what they see, so you can see another invitation through their reply to mess with them and what they hold sacred. You see the bible as something to trash with your ridiculous interpretations of what it says that is nowhere in the ball park of what is really written.

You have one really twisted hobby there bud.

Mar 5, 2020
Suffering as victims, not as war mongers.
Boy, you need a dictionary like yesterday. War monger? Because someone believes in self defense? You need to get a bible too. Because there are passages in there that call the kind of people you claim to be the worst names. And that's God doing that.
When God condemns someone who doesn't defend their family and home a name you're barking up the wrong tree arguing for passivity as being righteous. It isn't. It's cowardly.

You suffer as a victim then. Put your whole heart into it. But don't call people stupid names because they wouldn't stand and let some street skell murder and rape their family and think nothing is going to happen to that weakling after the skell is done.

And just between you and me, you don't really think at this point that anyone takes you seriously, do you? Jig's up. You're busted. Move on.

Jan 17, 2020
Boy, you need a dictionary like yesterday. War monger? Because someone believes in self defense? You need to get a bible too. Because there are passages in there that call the kind of people you claim to be the worst names. And that's God doing that.
When God condemns someone who doesn't defend their family and home a name you're barking up the wrong tree arguing for passivity as being righteous. It isn't. It's cowardly.

You suffer as a victim then. Put your whole heart into it. But don't call people stupid names because they wouldn't stand and let some street skell murder and rape their family and think nothing is going to happen to that weakling after the skell is done.

And just between you and me, you don't really think at this point that anyone takes you seriously, do you? Jig's up. You're busted. Move on.
If you can reconcile physical violence with the Sermon on the Mount, please do so. It would be far easier to cower behind a gun than to face death unarmed.

Jan 17, 2020
Why don't you look it up and find out.
People see what they want to see in scripture? Then why are you asking people what they see, so you can see another invitation through their reply to mess with them and what they hold sacred. You see the bible as something to trash with your ridiculous interpretations of what it says that is nowhere in the ball park of what is really written.

You have one really twisted hobby there bud.
Show how I differ from Jesus. And then call me twisted. But not until you do this.

Jan 17, 2020
Tell you what, when evil comes for you, stand there and take it. If you live through that maybe you'll be a better person on the other side of it. Rather than thinking you're having fun messing with Christians and talking garbage about and toward the bible they hold sacred. Evolve! Soon!
Death caused by upholding Jesus' words unarmed is an honor.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Its one thing to have skewed version of God, Its quite another to teach others from that position. I will simply refer you to James & Pauls words, since you will listen to no one else. I see no humility in your words, only arrogance.

“Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.”

“Desiring to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident.”

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
52. Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. (Matt. 26:52)

Our war is not with steel swords, and guns, but instead with word sword.

OneOfHis

Mar 24, 2019
You cannot support your position from scripture. Christ forbids physical violence. And you deny him when you preach it.
The man you falsely accuse, never preached violence.

You also have yet to produce one verse to back up your false beliefs.

You have only cherry picked out of context verses, and then imputed meaning to them that is not what is found in scripture and you have been objectively disproven.

You have also sidestepped every verse which proved your worldly theory incorrect and mixed in straw men and false accusations to your replies.

Jan 17, 2020
The man you falsely accuse, never preached violence.

You also have yet to produce one verse to back up your false beliefs.

You have only cherry picked out of context verses, and then imputed meaning to them that is not what is found in scripture and you have been objectively disproven.

You have also sidestepped every verse which proved your worldly theory incorrect and mixed in straw men and false accusations to your replies.
OK, prove Christians used violence to defend themselves from NT scripture. Prove Jesus taught it. Show that you can reject the Sermon on the Mount and be a Christian.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
OK, prove Christians used violence to defend themselves from NT scripture. Prove Jesus taught it. Show that you can reject the Sermon on the Mount and be a Christian.
I believe they can't prove it, no one can't because there is no such doctrine.

The way of our Lord was non violent, and we are called to follow him. If we don't follow him, then who are we follow?