The white Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pulie

May 26, 2020
Jesus is depicted as a white man and that poses a challenge when trying to present the Jewish Jesus.
So how does one present a case against someone who has been disturbed by the misrepresentation of Jesus?

I tried uploading a video but the extension is not allowed.

The following are the words of a Bishop residing in South Africa:

"The day I will see a white man dying for a black man, then I will believe in the white Jesus dying for black people. As far as am concerned, the black man is still hanging on the cross, surrounded by the two thieves on the left and on the right. These are the Europeans and the Chinese who are busy crucifying Africa on the same cross. We cannot even talk about the death of Jesus, let's talk about the dying of Africa constantly. Let's not create Theology of poverty and misery and glorify the death of Jesus when our brothers and sisters are still dying. The death of Christ, is a symbolic death, the death of truth, the death of the poor, the death of the marginalized, the death of the children of the soil and if religion is used to pacify that, then that is the doctrine of demons. For he came to set the captives free and until Africa is free, there is no Jesus who has died on the cross. We are still dying to date. It cannot take one man to save the world yet we have 20 million Africans who died in the sea during slave trade. Is these God not tired of drinking blood, how much more blood does he need. Can you look at Congo, give me the 15 million that died plus the 25,35 million. Calculate all the wars that has been fought in Africa, how many more millions. Your telling me all this blood that has been spilled is worth northing except the blood of one man who hang on the cross. Theology must not be used to create a sympathy for the white man. Theology must be used to evoke the African to start thinking. Have we come down from the cross yet or the Romans, they have not changed, they are still Europeans, they are still nailing our hands, the chastising of our work, putting on crowns of thorns on our heads, managing our minds and what we think. Piercing our sides,poking our reserves of food and etc. Nailing our feet, passports we cannot travel without this and that. Can you tell me that Jesus died on the cross?The day I see a black man free, I will start talking about Jesus who died for the sins of the world.He could not have died for a black man and the white man who believes in him did the crimes that he did".

He is very persuasive and have caught the attention of many people. his words reminds me of the Jewish people who rejected Jesus with the expectation of being delivered from the Roman oppression.

I am a black woman who believes that Jesus died on the cross to save humanity from it's sinful state. but how can I convince a black person holding on to the image of Jesus being depicted as a white man?

Let us kindly engage in a manner that will bring glory to God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus wasn't "white". While it's unfortunate that Europeans have portrayed Jesus as European, the truth is that His outward appearance is irrelevant. Sadly the person who preached the message you quoted (Desmond Tutu, I suspect) didn't seem to understand that, and sought to elevate the suffering of Africans above that of other peoples. Why? Does he believe that the blood of Jesus is truly insufficient? If so, then he has no business being a "bishop" and should shuck his robes... and his megaphone.

How do you reach someone who holds a misconception about the ethnicity of Jesus? The same way you reach someone who holds any other misconception that keeps them away from Him: by prayer and the preaching of the Gospel. :)

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Jesus is depicted as a white man and that poses a challenge when trying to present the Jewish Jesus.
So how does one present a case against someone who has been disturbed by the misrepresentation of Jesus?

"The day I will see a white man dying for a black man, then I will believe in the white Jesus dying for black people. As far as am concerned, the black man is still hanging on the cross, surrounded by the two thieves on the left and on the right. These are the Europeans and the Chinese who are busy crucifying Africa on the same cross. We cannot even talk about the death of Jesus, let's talk about the dying of Africa constantly. Let's not create Theology of poverty and misery and glorify the death of Jesus when our brothers and sisters are still dying. The death of Christ, is a symbolic death, the death of truth, the death of the poor, the death of the marginalized, the death of the children of the soil and if religion is used to pacify that, then that is the doctrine of demons. For he came to set the captives free and until Africa is free, there is no Jesus who has died on the cross. We are still dying to date. It cannot take one man to save the world yet we have 20 million Africans who died in the sea during slave trade. Is these God not tired of drinking blood, how much more blood does he need. Can you look at Congo, give me the 15 million that died plus the 25,35 million. Calculate all the wars that has been fought in Africa, how many more millions. Your telling me all this blood that has been spilled is worth northing except the blood of one man who hang on the cross. Theology must not be used to create a sympathy for the white man. Theology must be used to evoke the African to start thinking. Have we come down from the cross yet or the Romans, they have not changed, they are still Europeans, they are still nailing our hands, the chastising of our work, putting on crowns of thorns on our heads, managing our minds and what we think. Piercing our sides,poking our reserves of food and etc. Nailing our feet, passports we cannot travel without this and that. Can you tell me that Jesus died on the cross?The day I see a black man free, I will start talking about Jesus who died for the sins of the world.He could not have died for a black man and the white man who believes in him did the crimes that he did".

He is very persuasive and has caught the attention of many people. his words reminds me of the Jewish people who rejected Jesus with the expectation of being delivered from the Roman oppression.

I am a black woman who believes that Jesus died on the cross to save humanity from it's sinful state. but how can I convince a black person holding on to the image of Jesus being depicted as a white man?

I for one would prefer a light brown cocoa Jesus but I believe we should be irritated about Hollywood representing Jesus as a woman lesbian or bisexual.

As for his statement, it is very sad. Our pro-life organizations here have been fighting for religious freedom globally, to end abortion, underground slave trade, sex trafficking, and genocide in many African countries. I was looking at the data for Islamic influence in Africa. Estimated that 60% or higher is under Islamic influence.

This began soon after Muhammad's death as much of North Africa was Christian rule but after centuries of jihad north Africa, the middle east, and a part of Europe fell to Islamic rule. This pushed Christians and Jews into Europe. The dark ages pushed them further west. Then began the Christian Renaissance. This changed the world and sparked a new revival. Fast forward as time progressed the great schisms in the Christian church brought forth the Reformation. By this time religious freedom began to grow very hostile and eventually, Christians who disagreed with the King and the state religion branched off and fled to Switzerland. From there, people embarked to America and created the first colonies Plymouth and Jamestown. Jamestown being the more secular of the two while Plymouth was strictly religious. Those two colonies are like night and day with how they treated the natives and how they treated indentured servants. The 1619 project is far from historical.

As time progressed Great Britain, the Spanish, the Dutch, and others saw the wealth in economical trade between the colonies and introduced indentured servants. The Islamic slave trade or by that time Africas own people sold each other and provided much of indentured servants that later became legal slaves after a fellow colonial freed African made his own servants slaves for life.

Islam has created an Earthly hell in these regions and we must ask what was God doing amidst the evil of the slave trade? How did the African Christian church start? And how did this lead to Christian missionaries in Africa? Who many are now listed as martyrs. If Christians would have never met the native Americans, would many including Pocahontas be saved today?

Fast forward to the 1800s as now America is no longer British rule but still plagued with the remnants of slavery even though the abolitionist movement actually began before 1776.

The civil war was estimated that 350,000 whites on the union side died fighting for the black enslaved as it was already outlawed in the North.

History has to be looked at from every angle and everything I said can be researched. I hear what he is saying and a lot of his pain is from past influence.

Back to the image of Jesus. The Words and actions of Jesus are extremely more important than skin color.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

"The day I will see a white man dying for a black man, then I will believe in the white Jesus dying for black people.

He is speaking like a racist with that quote.. He hates white people. Pasting all white people with the same brush.. Of course Jesus was a Hebrew.. He was olive skinned.. Not black or white.. I do not agree with any statues or depictions being made of Jesus.. Black, White or olive..

As far as am concerned, the black man is still hanging on the cross, surrounded by the two thieves on the left and on the right.

No.. Jesus hung on the cross between two thieves..

These are the Europeans and the Chinese who are busy crucifying Africa on the same cross.
Yes blaming other races for the situation in Africa is very politically popular among Africans and African political leaders who are the ones taking bribes from Chinese and European business men and hiding these millions in Swiss bank accounts.. But for the nationalist African they can just put all the blame on past colonialism or the Chinese and not have to face the difficult and probably dangerous path of actually holding their presidents accountable for their corrupt dealings and their selling out their peoples to those bribe paying foreigners..

We cannot even talk about the death of Jesus, let's talk about the dying of Africa constantly. Let's not create Theology of poverty and misery and glorify the death of Jesus when our brothers and sisters are still dying.
Is this Bishop Christian ? Or a paid lackey of some politician ? Christians glorify Jesus for giving His life to save us without hezetation.. But this ""Bishop"" does not want to even mention it..

The death of Christ, is a symbolic death,

No the death of Christ was a real death.. He actually died on the cross and on the third day was raised again.. Real death,, Real resurrection..

the death of truth, the death of the poor, the death of the marginalized, the death of the children of the soil and if religion is used to pacify that, then that is the doctrine of demons.
What does he mean Pacify.. The Word of God condemns injustice towards the poor.. I tell you what this ""Bishop"" is pacified by.. political allegiance to the ruling party.. That's why he is not mentioning the corruption of His leaders and pointing to the forigners for all his peoples problems.. How safe.. I wonder if this man has his own secret swiss bank account too ? For serving the interests of his countries elites?

For he came to set the captives free and until Africa is free, there is no Jesus who has died on the cross. We are still dying to date.
He came to set the captives of the Law of God free from the penalty of the second death in the eternal Lake of Fire..

It cannot take one man to save the world yet we have 20 million Africans who died in the sea during slave trade.
It took One Jesus to provide the Atonement that could indeed save the world if the world believed Him and trusted in that atonement..

Is these God not tired of drinking blood, how much more blood does he need.
Definitely NOT a Christian.. Blaming God for the deaths of the slaves.. Saying that God requires the blood of human sacrifices..

Can you look at Congo, give me the 15 million that died plus the 25,35 million. Calculate all the wars that has been fought in Africa, how many more millions. Your telling me all this blood that has been spilled is worth northing except the blood of one man who hang on the cross. Theology must not be used to create a sympathy for the white man.

Racist.. 20 million Africans died in the slave trade and he wants sympathy for them.. 40 million Russians died when Germany invaded it in World war two.. But no sympathy for the suffering of those white people..

Theology must be used to evoke the African to start thinking. Have we come down from the cross yet or the Romans, they have not changed, they are still Europeans, they are still nailing our hands, the chastising of our work, putting on crowns of thorns on our heads, managing our minds and what we think. Piercing our sides,poking our reserves of food and etc. Nailing our feet, passports we cannot travel without this and that.
Again painting all Europeans as the same.. That's racism.

Can you tell me that Jesus died on the cross?
Jesus Jesus died on the cross.. A ""Bishop"" should not require someone to inform Him of that fact..

The day I see a black man free, I will start talking about Jesus who died for the sins of the world.He could not have died for a black man and the white man who believes in him did the crimes that he did".
He died for ALL SINNERS.. Black White and Asian.. He died and offers Every human being salvation. Jesus is LORD and he is not a Racist.

Take them on a trip to Ethiopia and there you will find depictions of Jesus as an Ethiopian ( black man).. But again i do not support Any depiction of Jesus.. Of any color.. But really if they are rejecting Jesus as Lord because someone depicted Him as a white man that only reveals their racist hatred for white people.. That their desire for revenge is greater then their love for the truth..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I for one would prefer a light brown cocoa Jesus but I believe we should be irritated about Hollywood representing Jesus as a woman lesbian or bisexual.
The Shack portrayed God as a woman, and now Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris Jackson,
who is bisexual in real life, will be playing Jesus portrayed as a lesbian in “Habit”
:oops:

Chester

May 23, 2016
The Shack portrayed God as a woman, and now Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris Jackson,
who is bisexual in real life, will be playing Jesus portrayed as a lesbian in “Habit”
Awfully, awfully, sad!

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Yep that is part of what I was referring to. There is also a Netflix comedy that has Jesus as bisexual.

Chester

May 23, 2016

He is very persuasive and have caught the attention of many people. his words reminds me of the Jewish people who rejected Jesus with the expectation of being delivered from the Roman oppression.

I hope I can catch your heartbeat - I can tell you have been set free and love your Jesus - but it is difficult to know how to reach others of your race.

It is unfortunate and very, very sad that a lot of what this Bishop says is true: white Europeans and Americans have exploited, killed, and enslaved the blacks of Africa. I nor anyone else should deny or minimize that in any way.

But I think the key is to make a difference between white culture and Christianity: they are two very different things. Sadly over the years (and even up to today) sometimes some of American and European Christendom has followed and amplified the ways and bigotry of white, privileged culture.

But it is not so with true Christianity. There are whites who have sacrificed and given their lives to get the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ to Africa. The church in Africa now is alive and real: probably more so than the church in America!

If this bishop waits till "the crimes of the white man" are rectified, this will not happen. The gospel and the crimes of the white culture are two separate things. The crimes of the white culture are the result of sin coming into the world. The gospel of Jesus was given to rectify the sin problem.

The church in American must be real, must love, must share the message of the cross with all around them. And so must each individual who is part of God's kingdom. Only a life of love lived for God's glory is going to reach the heart of a man like this "bishop".

Marching and protesting and burning and looting to try to rectify the sin problem will only make it worse. The answer is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I do not think the major issue is Jesus being portrayed as a white man: the issue is if the church is not loving and being real for God's kingdom. Let this bishop find a Christian who really loves and loves from the heart and the color that Jesus is portrayed as will become irrelevant.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yep that is part of what I was referring to. There is also a Netflix comedy that has Jesus as bisexual.
No doubt these movies are being made by the very same people who cry/make a stink about misappropriation in other forms.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
They should try it with Muhammad and see how long they survive lol
We have seen what happens when someone even so much as draws an irreverent cartoon of Mohammed :(

But we are commanded to love our enemies, and that marks a huge difference between Christianity and Islam :)

Apr 15, 2017
This world is about power and control, which the Caucasians were the last to get it so they could retain it where the prior kingdoms fell and could not rise again, and with money flowing more, and advanced weapons, and branching out they are obtaining more power.

But Egypt and Africa, and Arab nations were tearing it up before the Caucasians had power, and God said they were cruel.

All nations and ethnic groups push for power, but when they do not have the power they cry they are oppressive and cruel, but if they had the power they would push it too, for such is the way of the world.

Which the way crime is high in African Americans neighborhoods as they like to push for power, and have gangs, and shooting, and steal, and like that attitude testify that they push for power too, but are mad because they cannot get the power above white people, but if they could they would trounce on the white people and be on top.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/7-statistics-you-need-know-about-black-black-crime-aaron-bandler

God said they accuse and excuse each other, for they point their finger at a group accusing them, and then making excuses for themselves, and their people, but all people act the same.

The attitude in the world is we got to get them before they get us which all the nations, and kingdom, and people fighting with each other for thousands of years causes them to have that attitude.

The only people that never pushed for power is the Jews unless it came from God, and that to protect their land and themselves, for they never tried to own any land that was not only their land as far as I know.

Jesus is not a white person but a Jew.

And England believes that the throne of David moved to England giving them the God given right to rule, and they are of the tribe of Judah from the lineage of David.

Which is a lie, but they want to believe that so they can believe they deserve power in the world.

America is probably England and their sneaky way to get control of the world, and could of been ordered by the government to have the revolt in America.

But people should view all situations on an individual level, and not blame the whole group unless it can be proven the whole group is together with the same objective.

Being Caucasian is not a big club where they all have the same goals and agenda, but they are like all the ethnic groups, some do right, and some do wrong.

And we see African preachers, and African American preachers that are millionaires neglecting the poor and needy, and Africa is currently involved in 25 conflicts.

Everybody acts the same and will push for power if they can get it for that is the way of the world, but then they want to cry because they are not on top, and in the flesh dwells no good thing.

They play the game according to the course of the world and then cry if they do not have the power, all the while they want the power.

And in America all ethnic groups are pushing for power and control, and to exalt themselves, and to be greedy and selfish, which African Americans are millionaires, and billionaires, and great jobs, and land owners, and house owners, and business owners, and judges, and lawyers, and police, and pro athletes, and movie stars, and television stars, and politicians.

So if the African Americans are acting like the white people why do they dog out the white people.

The same with women as they are out there competing with men in the world, arguing, belittling, trying to control their relationships, doing the things men do, and being ruthless.

So if the women are acting like the men why do they dog out the men.

So if that is the way of the world and they want to play the game of power and control, and to be greedy and selfish, and to exalt themselves, then according to the course of the world white people are justified for wanting power and control over the African Americans, and men are justified for wanting power and control over the women.

For that is the game of the world.

They are not justified according to God, but according to the course of the world they would be justified for that is the game of the world in which they play.

And white guilt does not apply because nobody is guilty for the sins of other people for that is their sins.

If that is the case then any African American that offended a white person then they are all guilty.

And white privilege does not apply for African Americans will give African Americans privilege.

America is going to communism, and they want the protests so they can put everyone equal, and to show that freedoms do not work, and then America will go to a new form of government where there is no Republican or Democrat party, but they are equal and no division.

And then the nations will follow suit and then the nations will come together as one to work for peace on earth.

Which the United Nations Secretary General is pushing for the uniting of the nations in equality, and to solve the problems on earth.

When they come together then the New Age Christ will begin working in the world, for the nations coming together that is not the plan of God will cause him to be able to work in the world, which he will establish peace in the Middle East, and then push the agenda of the new age movement to prepare the people for when he claims to be God.

The American government will go to a communistic type of government by a series of conflicts starting with the coronavirus, as well as the nations.

The American government wants the protests for it is part of the plan to produce the New Age Christ.

President Trump is being indifferent and playing the bad guy on purpose to provoke the people to protest more.

Republican and Democrat are working together for they set up 2 opposing forces to cover the beliefs of the people, and the nation to cover the beliefs of the world, and then bring the people together for a new government operation.

On the back of the dollar bill, announcing the conception of a new order of the ages, and out of many, one.

The more they fight in the government the closer it is to the nations coming together, and by the 2 opposing forces people do not realize that it it all a plan, but think things are a coincidence, but it was all planned out years ago.

President Trump is not racist towards African Americans for Barack Obama is part of the plan as well as many African Americans, but Trump is prejudice against those not of the new age movement, and he is part of the inner circle of the occult.

They look at each other as family regardless of skin color that is part of the new age movement plan, and they believe they will evolve to be greater and spiritual provided by the New Age Christ.

The protests were planned before the protests began.

League of Nations started after WW1, and United Nations started 1945, and then United Religions 2000, and leaders leave and new leaders take their place that can be influenced, and have different beliefs, so eventually the leaders will all be in agreement for a peace plan for the world.

And not they have their peace plan for the world, and at the right time they want to go forward with their plan which is now.

But they have to convince the people.

And when the nations come together there will be no police force for that is what they want, so they wanted the protest against police brutality.

Everyone will eventually be taken out of the rural areas and placed in the cities, and no development can happen outside the city limits where they will be controlled by 24 hours surveillance by technology, and the community works to stop crime, and everyone is involved to stop crime, and no police force.

And if they cannot handle it then the military will handle it.

Apr 15, 2017
We have seen what happens when someone even so much as draws an irreverent cartoon of Mohammed :(

But we are commanded to love our enemies, and that is a huge difference between Christianity and Islam.

I know this is a worldly television program but I was on youtube and it came up so I watched it, but it is funny.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I know this is a worldly television program but I was on youtube and it came up so I watched it, but it is funny.
SNL, like some others (South Park comes to mind), are equal opportunity satirists :D

May 23, 2020

Jesus was semitic which is certainly not European. I am of European stock but Jesus was not of my race. What does it matter? He had to be of one race, not all. He was a middle eastern man. I don’t see how race matters. I do see how truth matters.

K

kaylagrl

As others have pointed out, what race Jesus was isn't as important as what He did for us.

"The day I will see a white man dying for a black man, then I will believe in the white Jesus dying for black people.

Again Jesus was a Jew, not a white man. And apparently he's never heard of the Civil War, many white men died to free black men.

As far as am concerned, the black man is still hanging on the cross, surrounded by the two thieves on the left and on the right. These are the Europeans and the Chinese who are busy crucifying Africa on the same cross.
We cannot even talk about the death of Jesus, let's talk about the dying of Africa constantly. Let's not create Theology of poverty and misery and glorify the death of Jesus when our brothers and sisters are still dying.

With out that Jewish Jesus on the cross nothing else matters. The dying are lost without His death.

The death of Christ, is a symbolic death, the death of truth, the death of the poor, the death of the marginalized, the death of the children of the soil and if religion is used to pacify that, then that is the doctrine of demons. For he came to set the captives free and until Africa is free, there is no Jesus who has died on the cross.

No, it's an actual death. Just because Africa is rife with leaders that abuse it's people has no bearing on Jesus and the Gospel.

It cannot take one man to save the world yet we have 20 million Africans who died in the sea during slave trade. Is these God not tired of drinking blood, how much more blood does he need. Can you look at Congo, give me the 15 million that died plus the 25,35 million. Calculate all the wars that has been fought in Africa, how many more millions. Your telling me all this blood that has been spilled is worth northing except the blood of one man who hang on the cross.

Wow, and this is a bishop?! No concept about the Bible whatsoever.

Theology must not be used to create a sympathy for the white man.

Ahh so he's racist, got it.

Can you tell me that Jesus died on the cross?The day I see a black man free, I will start talking about Jesus who died for the sins of the world.He could not have died for a black man and the white man who believes in him did the crimes that he did".

Well he can start talking about Jesus, there are free black men and women all over the world.

He is very persuasive and have caught the attention of many people. his words reminds me of the Jewish people who rejected Jesus
with the expectation of being delivered from the Roman oppression.

He's persuasive if you don't know the gospel. That's why it's important for us to tell the world about Jesus.

[/QUOTE] I am a black woman who believes that Jesus died on the cross to save humanity from it's sinful state. but how can I convince a black person holding on to the image of Jesus being depicted as a white man?

Let us kindly engage in a manner that will bring glory to God.[/QUOTE]

As I said, during the Civil War many white people died for black people to have their freedom. But Jesus was a Jew, so I don't see why there should be an issue.

Pulie

May 26, 2020
Jesus was semitic which is certainly not European. I am of European stock but Jesus was not of my race. What does it matter? He had to be of one race, not all. He was a middle eastern man. I don’t see how race matters. I do see how truth matters.
"He had to be of a race, not all",I like that.

Dec 28, 2016
I hope I can catch your heartbeat - I can tell you have been set free and love your Jesus - but it is difficult to know how to reach others of your race.
With the Gospel of Christ. It is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.

While you're digging up something else to use, let us all know what this new gospel is when you find it.

It is unfortunate and very, very sad that a lot of what this Bishop says is true: white Europeans and Americans have exploited, killed, and enslaved the blacks of Africa. I nor anyone else should deny or minimize that in any way.
Nor should we minimize the fact that Blacks enslaved more whites than blacks have ever been enslaved.

Worldwide.

Black still enslave blacks.

Native Americans enslaved blacks.

Blacks sold blacks to whites.

Let's stop the cherry picking, it is to have an unjust balance as Scripture says. Proverbs 11:1.

Dec 28, 2016
As soon as you all get Jesus to the right color so you can present him to others, let me know. Not all of you, but several of you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"He had to be of a race, not all",I like that.
There is only one race, the human race. Ethnicity is something else.

It was God who scattered the peoples and gave them different languages.