The world is getting more crazy and crazier in the USA. Who agrees?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

beeskillet

Banned
Jan 25, 2015
44
0
0
I used to be in the service and I was shocked to see how freedom of religion wasn't really freedom at all. Many drill sergeants would get angry at people attending church and I just found it completely wrong. Some would swear in front of the church and even make you work on Sunday after the church. I mean, seriously???? Persecution is starting to be in the military. I was persecuted many times and even told that t he bible was worthless and I shouldn't be reading it. I would read it every night before I go to bed and drill sergeants would yell at me like the end of the world. Plus, when I joined I remember a women drill sergeant saying that all of us who joined sold are souls to the devil. I mean, seriously? Plus, many of the platoons had dark names like Soul Repears, Hell hounds, Demons and stuff like that were really and very dark. It scares me to see how this world is getting more and much more darker and satanic as time flies by. I support are troops and all but, I am no longer in the military because of this. I got discharged and I am not following orders from people like this. God bless America and all but, the military sure wasn't for me.
 
It's extremely scary how the world is turning out. It makes me wish Jesus would come here again soon sometimes. I think we're already going through the signs of the apocalypse, but I think that's another topic entirely. It's sad that the military of a country once founded on the concept of freedom of religion is treating their soldiers in the way you were treated. I'm glad you got out of there before you lost your faith!
 
There certainly is a great deal of truth to what you say here. It was a waste of time to try and attend religious services in boot camp. Anyone who tried was persecuted for it by the powers that be.

I wasn't following Christ or anything in those days, just an average sinner, but went once out of curiosity because they did fall out for it each Sunday morning with those who wanted to see what it was about (those who didn't go to enjoy a couple hours of extra rest which given that we only slept about four hours a night and were always starved for sleep was a big deal).

The "service" consisted of what appeared to be a "Christian" apostate belittling everyone as weaklings for feeling they needed to attend a religious service during boot camp ROFL.

I know I shouldn't laugh but what did I really expect to see in a place where if you raised your hand when asked if you wanted to go to a party ended up on the grinder at 2AM enduring a grueling "marching party" complete with 1,000 pushups and belittlement to the nth degree.

I'm speaking of the enlisted personnel and culture, of course. I believe officers can live out their Christian lives in a much better set of circumstances.

Where I was stationed, there was a tight group of about fifty or so authentic Christians and they worked hard, didn't "preach" or "politic" much, formed good families, etc... They were liked and respected and didn't have any problems as a result of their good nature, good living, and good work ethic.

But, of course, it was all hard rock music blaring during working hours and working with a whole lot of sinners for them with many non-Christians possessing very strange ideas and bizarre philosophies. After work, sinning was the preferred past-time for most of the non-Christians. That's really what many of them lived for.

I got saved after the military so didn't really appreciate what the enlisted Christians in there have to deal with (as opposed to the officers). In hindsight; they were moral, good, down-to-earth people building families and it had to be difficult for them and their families.


I used to be in the service and I was shocked to see how freedom of religion wasn't really freedom at all. Many drill sergeants would get angry at people attending church and I just found it completely wrong. Some would swear in front of the church and even make you work on Sunday after the church. I mean, seriously???? Persecution is starting to be in the military. I was persecuted many times and even told that t he bible was worthless and I shouldn't be reading it. I would read it every night before I go to bed and drill sergeants would yell at me like the end of the world. Plus, when I joined I remember a women drill sergeant saying that all of us who joined sold are souls to the devil. I mean, seriously? Plus, many of the platoons had dark names like Soul Repears, Hell hounds, Demons and stuff like that were really and very dark. It scares me to see how this world is getting more and much more darker and satanic as time flies by. I support are troops and all but, I am no longer in the military because of this. I got discharged and I am not following orders from people like this. God bless America and all but, the military sure wasn't for me.
 
Last edited:
It's extremely scary how the world is turning out. It makes me wish Jesus would come here again soon sometimes. I think we're already going through the signs of the apocalypse, but I think that's another topic entirely. It's sad that the military of a country once founded on the concept of freedom of religion is treating their soldiers in the way you were treated. I'm glad you got out of there before you lost your faith!

Just to briefly add to the point of wishing Jesus would come because of how bad things are... with all the stuff that is going on, in the US and abroad, it begs the questions: what exactly is He waiting for? How much worse will it need to get before He comes again? If many of us think that the current "state" is one to be fearful of, how are we, as God-fearing Christians, going to think when it gets worse?

And, to start off: I've never been in the military, nor have I really ever been eager to enlist. However, just reading the messages that have been posted here, I'm thinking that the actions and attitudes of those leaders that are prosecuting Christians for going to church are simply following the overall trend of the opinions of the nation. I do have my opinions of the military, and I mean absolutely no offense to those that are enlisted or thoroughly believe in everything that it stands for, but I will never understand why they belittle those that choose to "help" or "serve their country". If - IF! - that is how people wanting to serve their country are treated for believing in Christ, it's a wonder Christians - no matter how strong their faith - are still enlisting.
 
It's not worse. We just hear about more of it. The media has to turn a profit too ya know.
 
Look, evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse.....even the bible teaches that humanity will implode, explode and destroy itself under the kingdom of the beast...If Jesus does not step in when he decides to step in there will be NO FLESH LEFT ALIVE...but for the sake of the elect he does step in, so there will be some that are ALIVE AND REMAIN unto his (parousia) body presence and being gathered unto him......
 
i don't think there is a "u.s.a." now.
"went down."
His Our Sweet Christs Them Mercies Are... :)
humanity still around?
"i look like a bat,"
"my went to earthlings army west of russia." ..i don't know how many times Christ Had Me Resurrected there. this is not a joke.
"locust."
"only later i remember magazine report from maybe end 80's of "devils fronting in russian army."
... did they have kids? what does putin look like? "now, if they actually organized their women..."
my not arranging war might stop at nukes.
well, i don't fancy attrocities, and first man down in crimea was a wrong.
repent? ..it's not killing the unborn.
please repent?
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
while we're at it, "cnn reporters
might be devils bound. horses or mules, who knows.." :p
now look at the "arabs and other arab-looking there," sheiks, obvious "actual trolls..."?
what, and bound for collapse now?
is this after the "plague, no repentance, plague, no repentance"?
repent?
 
i don't think there is a "u.s.a." now.
"went down."
His Our Sweet Christs Them Mercies Are... :)
humanity still around?
"i look like a bat,"
"my went to earthlings army west of russia." ..i don't know how many times Christ Had Me Resurrected there. this is not a joke.
"locust."
"only later i remember magazine report from maybe end 80's of "devils fronting in russian army."
... did they have kids? what does putin look like? "now, if they actually organized their women..."
my not arranging war might stop at nukes.
well, i don't fancy attrocities, and first man down in crimea was a wrong.
repent? ..it's not killing the unborn.
please repent?

Oh, flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C.
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man I had a dreadful flight
I'm back in the U.S.S.R.
You don't know how lucky you are boy
Back in the U.S.S.R.
 
I am reminded of a joke ol Reagan said..

The Commisar came to the collective farms to see how the harvest was doing and asked a farmer and the farmer said "Oh commrade commisar! If we took all the potatoes, they would reach the foot of God." "Comrade farmer, this is the Soviet Union. There is no God." "Thats okay, there are no potatoes."

that was about 30 years ago.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/01/04/would-it-surprise-you-to-learn-that-vladimir-putins-christian-beliefs-and-family-values-are-much-more-in-sync-with-americans-than-are-barack-obamas/

Today we have become the "godless Soviet Union"
 

Oh, flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C.
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man I had a dreadful flight
I'm back in the U.S.S.R.
You don't know how lucky you are boy
Back in the U.S.S.R.

Hallelujah Hallelujah