Then remember I...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
If Mark 16:16 is referring to a water baptism, did "Signs follow" (Mark 16:17-18) your water baptism (Mark 16:16)? Can you "CONFIRM that the LORD is working with you with SIGNS FOLLOWING" (Mark 16:20)?
Yes, I can. After hearing and believing the message of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection I repented of my sins. And, continue to do so when aware of any wrong I have done. I obeyed the command to be water baptized, and was later re-baptized in Jesus' name when I saw it's necessity in the word. (Acts 2, 8, 10, 19) The Lord filled me with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. And have been used in the ministry gifts.

I love the Lord and want to be used to help others by pointing out truths found in the word.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Then remembered I… (Acts 11:16)

Peter’s statement points to the Holy Ghost bringing a memory to the forefront of his mind for a specific purpose. One can imagine Peter’s shock and amazement as Cornelius and others began speaking in tongues as they received the Holy Ghost right there before his very eyes. Now there could be no question. The Gentiles were accepted of God. And just as the people assembled on the Day of Pentecost were commanded to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus for the remission of sins, so too were the Gentiles gathered before him. (Acts 10)

Whether a person is consciously aware of the extent of their prophetic utterances, such as Peter’s on the Day of Pentecost, has no bearing concerning God’s intent. Many fail to realize that God doesn’t necessarily present the big picture but reveals His plans with perfect timing for His own purposes. This is clearly seen in the fact that Peter professed that the promise given on the Day of Pentecost was to as many as the Lord they God shall call. Yet, he did not know at that time that the Gentiles would be called as well. Clearly one cannot dispute that it was God who called Cornelius. God actually sent an angel to Cornelius telling him to seek out Peter in order to get instructions concerning how to be saved. (Acts 10:1-6)

Acts 10:28 Indicates Jews and Gentiles are all equal.

Acts 10:35 States that he who fears God and works righteousness is accepted of Him.

Acts 10:43, specifically states that THROUGH HIS NAME whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins. As recorded in Acts 2:38, everyone is commanded to be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus for what? For the remission of sins.

In Acts 15 we see Peter stating that by his mouth the Gentiles heard the word of the gospel and believed. (Acts 15:7-9) He said that there was no distinction between Jews and Gentiles. Both groups are redeemed in the same way. (Acts 15:11) All are required to believe and obey the gospel message. (Rom. 10:16)
yes amen great post a supporting section of scripture for your post

“For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:1-3, 5-6‬ ‭

same lord , same faith , same baptism preached in Israel same kingdom of God

“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:12-14‬ ‭

to accept the doctrine Jesus preached renews our understanding of God and our place with him we have to first hear and believe the gospel and then we can learn to obey it by a new nature

“And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what changes our understanding or renews our thinking is to believe the gospel the things Jesus taught are the teachings of God for all eternity

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭

The gospel of the kingdom is this understanding we’re meant to accept and believe because that changes our mind renews our understanding of him that man has lost. Believing The gospel is able to renew our inward compass so we are drawn to the light rather than the darkness this frees us up to walk in the light of the lord , because the devils snare is within our mind and heart

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬

Apr 18, 2021
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?" (Jeremiah 8:8)!

After Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13) Jesus gives the "Spiritual gifts" of "Wisdom" and "Knowledge" (I Corinthians 12:8) as well as the "Spiritual gift" of "discerning of spirits" (I Corinthians 12:10) "to discern both good and evil" (Hebrews 5:14) as "He guides us into all truth" (John 16:13) through the LIES (Jeremiah 8:8) "evil men" (Genesis 6:5) have "added and taken away" from His Word (Revelation 22:18-19).

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, IF IT WERE POSSIBLE, they shall deceive the very elect" (Matthew 24:24)!
"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God" (Acts 5:39).

Apr 18, 2021
Yes, I can. After hearing and believing the message of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection I repented of my sins. And, continue to do so when aware of any wrong I have done. I obeyed the command to be water baptized, and was later re-baptized in Jesus' name when I saw it's necessity in the word. (Acts 2, 8, 10, 19) The Lord filled me with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. And have been used in the ministry gifts.

I love the Lord and want to be used to help others by pointing out truths found in the word.
As "They continued in the apostles' doctrine..." (Acts 2:42) "...the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls" (Acts 2:41) but that didn't mean Jesus wasn't going to do as He promised "bring all things to Peter REMEMBRANCE whatsoever He had told him" (John 14:26) which HE DID in Acts 11:15-16 since Peter said water baptism (Acts 2:38) although Jesus said "Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5) which is the same thing He's doing to THE CHURCH TODAY!

Consequently as seen in Scripture, one can be filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:2-4) yet be in the wrong doctrine (Acts 2:42) but Jesus will "bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE..." (John 14:26) just as He promised (Numbers 23:19).

REMEMBER:

Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) but Peter said WATER (Acts 2:38)!

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Jeremiah 1:10!

"GOD reveals by His Spirit" (I Corinthians 2:10).

No more "thorough study" can one have as that who has "understanding" of His Word (I Corinthians 2:11).

"Surely the LORD God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets" (Amos 3:7).

"GOD set some in THE CHURCH" (I Corinthians 12:28)!

11 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" (Ephesians 4:11-15)!
Rightly dividing the word of truth is essential to one's understanding. Please consider taking a second look at the scriptures. I have found that having a teachable spirit has helped to correct error in understanding some of God's scripture in the past. May God Bless You!

2 Tim 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
"If they speak not according to THIS WORD it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20). I GAVE WORD (II Timothy 4:5)!

"...speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" (Ephesians 4:15)!
I think you need to work on the speaking the truth in love part. Your comments radiate contempt.

Apr 18, 2021
Rightly dividing the word of truth is essential to one's understanding. Please consider taking a second look at the scriptures. I have found that having a teachable spirit has helped to correct error in understanding some of God's scripture in the past. May God Bless You!

2 Tim 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
NO "MAN" can "rightly divide the Word of truth..." (II Timothy 2:15)!

What "MAN" is "righteous?"

"As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;" (Romans 3:10)!

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but [by] the Spirit of God" (I Corinthians 2:11).

I can't teach myself and neither can you (Romans 10:14-15)!

"But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (I Corinthians 2:10)!

"For by One Spirit are we all baptized into One body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into One Spirit" (I Corinthians 12:13).

"But he that is joined unto the LORD is One Spirit." (I Corinthians 6:17)!

"...We have the mind of Christ" (I Corinthians 2:16)!

"...That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (II Timothy 3:16) after being baptized "the way of God more perfectly" (Acts 18:26).

THEN you would believe

"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?" (Jeremiah 8:8) and wouldn't be a "BIBLE WORSHIPER" (John 5:39)!

Apr 18, 2021
I think you need to work on the speaking the truth in love part. Your comments radiate contempt.
"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God" (Acts 5:39).

Apr 18, 2021
As "They continued in the apostles' doctrine..." (Acts 2:42) "...the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls" (Acts 2:41) but that didn't mean Jesus wasn't going to do as He promised "bring all things to Peter REMEMBRANCE whatsoever He had told him" (John 14:26) which HE DID in Acts 11:15-16 since Peter said water baptism (Acts 2:38) although Jesus said "Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5) which is the same thing He's doing to THE CHURCH TODAY!

Consequently as seen in Scripture, one can be filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:2-4) yet be in the wrong doctrine (Acts 2:42) but Jesus will "bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE..." (John 14:26) just as He promised (Numbers 23:19).

REMEMBER:

Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) but Peter said WATER (Acts 2:38)!
Why would you X the Word of God given (II Timothy 4:5)?

I am "... speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ" (Ephesians 4:15)!

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Why would you X the Word of God given (II Timothy 4:5)?

I am "... speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ" (Ephesians 4:15)!
You were attributing Peter's word to mean something foreign to what the scripture conveys. Again, I suggest you reread Acts 10 and 11 for clarification.

Apr 18, 2021
You were attributing Peter's word to mean something foreign to what the scripture conveys. Again, I suggest you reread Acts 10 and 11 for clarification.
There's nothing foreign about what Peter said

Peter said water (Acts 2:38) although Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) that is the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) since Jesus does "with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) "PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30).

Jesus had to rectify THE CHURCH by FULFILLING what He'd promised "I will bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE whatsoever I've told you" (John 14:26).

Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 1:5.

Peter said WATER in Acts 2:38.

Can't you SEE the difference (John 10:27)?

Apr 18, 2021
Why would I need to read Acts 10 again?

"As Peter began to speak the Holy Ghost fell on the Gentiles" (Acts 10:44) but

Peter STILL NOT REMEMBERING said "Here is water what forbids them from being baptized..." (Acts 10:47).

LOOK!

As Peter "was rehearsing the matter" (Acts 11:4)

"THEN he REMEMBERED..." (Acts 11:16) and repeated what Jesus said in Acts 1:5 VERBATIM!

Repenting say "Forasmuch then as God gave them THE like GIFT as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?" (Acts 11:17).

Romans 6:23 says

"THE GIFT is eternal life" and

THE GIFT is defined as Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 11:17!

Why is there a water baptism when THE GIFT of Holy Spirit baptism gives ETERNAL LIFE?

"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? " (Jeremiah 8:8)!

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
There's nothing foreign about what Peter said

Peter said water (Acts 2:38) although Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) that is the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) since Jesus does "with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) "PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30).

Jesus had to rectify THE CHURCH by FULFILLING what He'd promised "I will bring all things to your REMEMBRANCE whatsoever I've told you" (John 14:26).

Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 1:5.

Peter said WATER in Acts 2:38.

Can't you SEE the difference (John 10:27)?
Again, I recommend you read the both chapters in Acts. Have a blessed day.

Wansvic

Nov 27, 2018
Why would I need to read Acts 10 again?

"As Peter began to speak the Holy Ghost fell on the Gentiles" (Acts 10:44) but

Peter STILL NOT REMEMBERING said "Here is water what forbids them from being baptized..." (Acts 10:47).

LOOK!

As Peter "was rehearsing the matter" (Acts 11:4)

"THEN he REMEMBERED..." (Acts 11:16) and repeated what Jesus said in Acts 1:5 VERBATIM!

Repenting say "Forasmuch then as God gave them THE like GIFT as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?" (Acts 11:17).

Romans 6:23 says

"THE GIFT is eternal life" and

THE GIFT is defined as Holy Spirit baptism in Acts 11:17!

Why is there a water baptism when THE GIFT of Holy Spirit baptism gives ETERNAL LIFE?

"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? " (Jeremiah 8:8)!
I am done trying to reason with you. It is your choice what you decide to accept or reject.

Apr 18, 2021
Again, I recommend you read the both chapters in Acts. Have a blessed day.
It's not for everyone to SEE what IS WRITTEN (Matthew 13:10-15).

GOD ALWAYS SENDS WARNING

"Again and again I sent all my servants the prophets to you. They said, “Each of you must turn from your wicked ways and reform your actions; do not follow other gods to serve them. Then you will live in the land I have given to you and your ancestors.” But you have not paid attention or listened to me" (Jeremiah 35:15).

Apr 18, 2021
I am done trying to reason with you. It is your choice what you decide to accept or reject.

B

Blackpowderduelist

"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God" (Acts 5:39)!
Right so why are you imposing your own interpretation upon it so as to attempt to over throw His Word.

Apr 18, 2021
Right so why are you imposing your own interpretation upon it so as to attempt to over throw His Word.

"Again and again I sent all my servants the prophets to you. They said, “Each of you must turn from your wicked ways and reform your actions; do not follow other gods to serve them. Then you will live in the land I have given to you and your ancestors.” But you have not paid attention or listened to me" (Jeremiah 35:15).

Where did I overthrow the Word of God when it was there all the time?

NEW REVELATION HAS BEEN SENT INTO THE EARTH (Ephesians 4:11-13)!