Theological Theories

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NickV

Jul 13, 2023
Best we spend our time studying and understanding the Scripture and not waste it on such foolishness.
What benefit is this foolishness to anyone?
When people do this it often leads to misunderstanding Scripture and much false belief and teaching.
Just my opinion.
The lord time and time again corrected misunderstanding that the pharisees held to be the " true interpretation" of the word. why would people today reading jesus's words not go the same way. Pondering the word of God and his majesty leads only to understanding. He who SEEKS shall find. strive to seek the meaning of the word and the holy spirit will reveal the truth to you.He who has ears let him hear.

NickV

Jul 13, 2023
My theory is just that, a theory that I think about from time to time.

Where are the dinosaurs in the timeline?
I think they were here before Genesis chapter one.
Genesis one happened, aka new heaven new earth, then the rest of the story. We know they were here, but I have yet to see a credible explanation as to where they fit in the timeline.

Like I say, just a theory of mine.
The " dragons" faught throught history were probably dinosaurs that survived. if they were around then, then they were probably on noahs ark too.

NickV

Jul 13, 2023
Interesting thread - I'll share some of my thoughts:

1.) "If the sins we commit now go BACK to be absorbed by Christ, can our prayers also permeate TIME..."
I can't see any reason, from scripture, to believer our sins move backward through time.
I'm not aware of any sins that move backward through time - and if we examine scripture, we don't actually see anything, of any kind, moving backward through time.
Conclusion:
We always need to be carefully articulating the odd topic of time; it's so strange and confusing that it's hard to even use the right words to talk about it. But what about God's relationship to time? Well, for God to simply "know" the future, or "affect" the future, does not require any alteration of the space-time continuum.
a.) To "know" the future only requires God's attribute of omniscience.
b.) And as far as "affecting" the future, it is quite normal for even ordinary humans to "affect" the future, because EVERYONE in the past has affected the future.
: )

2.) "If the sins we commit now go BACK to be absorbed by Christ, can our PRAYERS also permeate TIME..."
You are basing a 2nd point, an additional point, upon the first point... but the first point was unproven, and we really have no reason to believe it to be true.
We can never base a new point on a previous point, when the previous point was never proven.
We have no evidence of sins moving backward through time.
Conclusion:
We have no example in scripture of either sins or prayers moving backward through time - we have no evidence in scripture of anything whatsoever moving backward through time.

3.) "Seeing that God is outside of time"
You state this as if it's a known fact that supports your previous suppositions... but it isn't a known fact at all.
There is no place in scripture that states God is "outside" of time.
Whenever God speaks in scripture, he always uses temporal expressions, expressions of before and after, as if he is "within time." And there is no place in scripture where God speaks as if he is outside of time.
Conclusion:
This whole issue of God's relationship to temporality is very speculative, and very controversial, and we don't really know much about it... but it is interesting that God NEVER speaks, on any subject, as if he is outside of time.

Just sharing some thoughts.

Interesting thread.

You guys have a great week.

What you said, to me at least, assumes that God is within time, which leads you down a whole rabbit hole, because if God is in time then what created time, when was the beginning of God to mark the time expressions he uses. God created the universe that means he is outside of it. The universe has time because it has a beginning, the point in which God first created it. A fish dose not build the fishbowl from inside the fishbowl because that is impossible. A creator makes the fishbowl and then puts the fish there to experience it but the creator itself is outside. not a great comparison but you get the point. There is multiple times when it shows Gods transcendence over time. In genesis it is directly stated " we " and "us" multiple times in regard to himself. if you believe in the trinity then Jesus was there at the beginning. this leads me to a theory ive thought of.

Jesus was born a man, wholey man and wholly God. That life he lived and gave for us was his Beginning, God gave jesus more and more insight into his divinity as he aged and was baptised. Not that jesus didnt know he was also God ( father) but God let Jesus also be man. When jesus Rose from the dead at that point he rose to the right hand of God and went outside of time to heaven. There he could exist to help the father and the spirit make the universe. Hence Let us make Man in our image. we look like the son of man.
( just a theory) not that any of that really matters but cool to think about.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Looking to see if anybody has any cool theological theories to share, this kind of thinking always intrigues me so im looking for more stuff to think about.
Ex: if the sins we commit now go back to be absorbed by christ can our prayers also permeate time can we pray for the salvation for sombody that has already died? seeing that God is outside time?
ex: I believe that the God adam and eve spoke to was yeshua, because he is the human form of God and it would make sense that he would be there to be familiar
if you got anything please share new ideas are great!
Well, since there is law and order in nature, there had to be a being of law and order to reveal it to us and in nature.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well, since there is law and order in nature, there had to be a being of law and order to reveal it to us and in nature.
Yeah. Even nature shows us order must be imposed on something. If you leave systems alone they tend toward chaos.

Burn1986

Mar 4, 2024
Yeah. Even nature shows us order must be imposed on something. If you leave systems alone they tend toward chaos.
Yeah obvious, but the point is the only way we have law and order in nature is that 1) A being of law and order exists 2) That being manifested it on earth 3) Man only has law and order because God revealed it to man.