Theology

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
When do you believe theology replaced the faith of Abraham and the Word of Yahweh?
When the jot and tittle of the Word became more important than the working of the Word.

IE, when you nose is constantly in the books and your feet never takes the words to the street.

D

didymos

Abraham believed Yahweh (...)

What religion would you place the Apostles and Yeshua in?(...)
Your decision to call them 'Yahweh' and 'Yeshua' is the result of (your own) theology, I just call them 'Lord' (or in my case 'Heer') and 'Jesus' (in my case 'Jezus.') Faith cannot do without words, without concepts. When you believe, what exactly do you believe in? (Ex. 3: 13-15) In asking that question 'theology' (literally the study of 'God') already starts.

Oct 16, 2013
Do you believe anything is holy or sacred?

Is English your second language?
Yes.I believe in(to) Holy Fathers,The Most Holy Teodokos,Holy Relics,Holy Cross,Holy Trinity,Holy Church,Holy Bible,Holy Orthodoxy.Everything what we Orthodox believe is Holy.Or better to say in everything Holy we believe.
English,i can say,is 2nd language.

Last edited:
G

GreenNnice

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

G

GreenNnice

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
--------
When we have faith, it is an action word. THIS is important to keep in mind as we live our lives IN Him :)
Abraham's faith was OF ACTION ! It was not dormant, it was not in a book, it was lived out, walking, living, breathing, believing in the almighty God, whom He served, whom we serve, whom he knew, HAD FAITH! walking up that hill, would 'provide the lamb.'

J

jimmydiggs

And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words. 5For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
--------
When we have faith, it is an action word. THIS is important to keep in mind as we live our lives IN Him :)
Abraham's faith was OF ACTION ! It was not dormant, it was not in a book, it was lived out, walking, living, breathing, believing in the almighty God, whom He served, whom we serve, whom he knew, HAD FAITH! walking up that hill, would 'provide the lamb.'

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is always a blessing to hear the Word being shared, always.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, 21(Touch not; taste not; handle not; 22Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.
--------

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Now, how did I know someone somewhere would bring up the name Jesus is called in Hebrew? I call Him, Jesus, I call Him Yeshua, and I call Him Salvation, Which is the actual translation of His name to English.

It does not molest me to be associated with the Children of Israel and the Faith of Abraham. If you wish to call this theology, you just make yourself real happy. Meanwhile, allow me to not be afraid of my spiritual History.

Theology indeed!

Your decision to call them 'Yahweh' and 'Yeshua' is the result of (your own) theology, I just call them 'Lord' (or in my case 'Heer') and 'Jesus' (in my case 'Jezus.') Faith cannot do without words, without concepts. When you believe, what exactly do you believe in? (Ex. 3: 13-15) In asking that question 'theology' (literally the study of 'God') already starts.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The thread asks when did theology replace the Faith of Abraham and the Word of Yahweh.

What a person knows our Maker as is not theology. When the Holy Spirit entered into me, this is how I was introduced.

If a person calls Him, God, Yahweh, or the complete translation, Self-Existing, these names are the same person, except to the most narrw-minded of folks.

The question above, the OP, has been turned around on me rather than being addressed. Ths by the Swarm.

It is theology that has taken the sheep away from the faith of Abraham to the point of teaching against anything that may remind folks that our Savior, Whose name may be said to be Salvation, was a Jew. I say He was a Jew because He is of the tribe of Judah, and He was named King of the Jews on the Cross.

Instead of addressing the post, some of the folks have opted to bring up terminologies and philisophical ideas of what is falsely called knowledge by them and many in this age. This would be autoindictment at its least.

All these creature need do in this thread is answer how they see the replacement has occurred, say they do not agree, or keep their unrelated ideas to themselves. God is not impressed.

Again, read the Word, believe the Word and worship God. He is Jesus, Yeshua, the Father, The Comforter, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Savior, Salvation, Creator, Lord of Hosts, King of Kings, King of Israel, and so much more.

If calling Him Jesus keeps you from your direct line to the fath of Abraham, perhaps some prayer and meditation is in order.

D

didymos

Now, how did I know someone somewhere would bring up the name Jesus is called in Hebrew? I call Him, Jesus, I call Him Yeshua, and I call Him Salvation, Which is the actual translation of His name to English.

It does not molest me to be associated with the Children of Israel and the Faith of Abraham. If you wish to call this theology, you just make yourself real happy. Meanwhile, allow me to not be afraid of my spiritual History.

Theology indeed!
I rest my case. ;)

U

unclefester

When do you believe theology replaced the faith of Abraham and the Word of Yahweh?
First define what the word "theology" means to you. Otherwise, we are left to wrestle with how you came to your belief system .... without believing in a belief system itself. Case in point : Your post says Word of Yahweh (which is perfectly fine). Others simply say ... Word of God. Where do you get your preference in this regard from Jack ?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
It is theology that has taken the sheep away from the faith of Abraham to the point of teaching against anything that may remind folks that our Savior, Whose name may be said to be Salvation, was a Jew. I say He was a Jew because He is of the tribe of Judah, and He was named King of the Jews on the Cross.

Instead of addressing the post, some of the folks have opted to bring up terminologies and philisophical ideas of what is falsely called knowledge by them and many in this age. This would be autoindictment at its least.

Jack, is it more important - or even remotely important - that we say our non-theology is the faith of Abraham (who was a gentile - Judah came after Abraham Jack):

Matthew 1:2
Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers

...and say the theology of "Jesus was a Jew" is the turning point of the faith of Abraham or anything like that?

what is it we really need to know about Jesus?:)

Matthew 22
Whose Son Is the Christ?
41Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them a question, 42saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him, “The son of David.” 43He said to them, “How is it then that David, in the Spirit, calls him Lord, saying,

44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
until I put your enemies under your feet’?

45If then David calls him Lord, how is he his son?” 46And no one was able to answer him a word, nor from that day did anyone dare to ask him any more questions.

greater than David

John 8
56Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” 57So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”d 58Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

greater than Abraham

Matthew 16:16
15He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

the Son of the living God.

Abraham believed Yahweh, and this was counted to him as works. This was his religion, faith, no theology. He obeyed Yahweh, and he received the promise of his descendants possessing the Gate of their enemies. The Word fills us with all we need know by the Holy Spirit
Genesis 22
And He said, I have sworn by Myself, declares Jehovah, that on account of this thing you have done, and not have withheld your son, your only son, 17 that blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the shore of the sea. And your Seed shall possess the gate of His enemies. 18 And in your Seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed because you have obeyed My voice.

okay...corrected for you.
pretty serious error that has led to much loss.

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
It is theology that has taken the sheep away from the faith of Abraham
Poor theology, it gets blamed for all the wrong understanding of Scripture.

to the point of teaching against anything that may remind folks that our Savior, Whose name may be said to be Salvation, was a Jew. I say He was a Jew because He is of the tribe of Judah, and He was named King of the Jews on the Cross.
Yes, Jesus was a Jew by blood of the tribe of Judah.

He was not a Jew by belief in the Judaism taught by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.
He was a Jew by belief in the OT word of God.

So what does his being a "Jew" have to do with the revelation spoken by him in these last days
(Heb 1:1-2), given through the NT writers.

Are you referring to the NT word of God?

All these creature need do in this thread is answer how they see the replacement has occurred, say they do not agree, or keep their unrelated ideas to themselves. God is not impressed.
If I understand you correctly, your premise is that saving faith is simply trust,
that it does not involve propositional content.

But that is incorrect.
Saving faith is trust and belief, and belief must have propositional content.
That propositional content is theology, which to you is necessarily contrary to faith.

You are not getting "answers" because there is disagreement that faith has been replaced
with theology.

If you don't want your false premises addressed, then don't employ them.

Again, read the Word, believe the Word
And what you believe is the meaning of the Word is your theology.
There is no faith without theology.

and worship God. He is Jesus, Yeshua, the Father, The Comforter, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Savior, Salvation, Creator, Lord of Hosts, King of Kings, King of Israel, and so much more.
It appears that you are trying to introduce and establish some kind of non-NT principle regarding the OT,
through some sort of back door (theology).

The NT is the fulfillment of the OT, and is the light in which all Scripture is to be understood.

Last edited:
May 2, 2011
Perhaps this will help to understand the Spirit of the OP.

Here is a prime example of theology replacing the Word. The Sadducee's, due to their own theology, taught there is no resurrection.
Research Zoroastrianism, and how even that was corrupted when the Jews were in captivity, that might help answer this particular question. Bad Theology is not theology though. Check out the Greek word Theos for a good study.

Why would someone think being in the belly of a great fish means being swallowed by Hellenism ... random question ...
biblevs_dan2.31_statue.jpg