There is only ONE saving gospel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcap

I hope i'm not off topic here but I think we are saved if we believe in Christ and know God raised Him.Doing works is what God calls us to do.Works is not a requirement for entering heaven,they will however put you at a better seat in heaven.Let me know If I am wrong here,I am a new Christian just feeling my way around the Bible. God bless

G

Gel38

Mcap,

Yeah man, when we get saved, firstly, we should WANT to do those works for the Lord. Beit, works don't get us into heaven but they DO provide like..'rewards' in heaven. But if ya think about it...we'll cast those 'rewards' at the feet of Jesus:)

And yeah, When we get saved we totally need to at least TRY to live the life the Lord wants us to, staying repentant and such... But yeah...Here ya go..main rule man, Don't listen to other ppl. Just do like you're doing, and pick up the Word. I'll say, you DO NOT need books written by other ppl (though it CAN be good to read them) All you need is the Bible. The Lord is MORE than able to reveal the meaning of everything. (bible says, if a man lacks understand, let him ask of God who gives liberally)

:)

May 3, 2009
I see a lot of false teachers today concerning the core doctrine of salvation. Doctrines concerning other elements of Christianity are negotiable but salvation is not. "What must I do to be saved". The answer is found in the Word of God(btw, there are MANY more verses than I could list than what I will list here):

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." Acts 16:30-31

"Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing." John 20:27

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." John 3:36

“To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” Acts 10:43

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Romans 4:5

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 7:21

"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." 1 John 2:17

"Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." John 6:28-29

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
John 7:38

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." 1 John 5:13

"I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life FREELY." Revelation 21:6

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away” Isaiah 64:60

"To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law."
Romans 3:26-28

“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” Romans 4:5-8

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Romans 10:3-4

“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But IF IT BE OF WORKS, THEN IT IS NO MORE GRACE: otherwise work is no more work.” Romans 11:6

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.”
Ephesians 2:8-9

“Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW SHALL NO FLESH BE JUSTIFIED” Galatians 2:16

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." Galatians 2:21

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" Titus 3:5

If it weren't by works to begin with, then it is not by works that you keep salvation as the above verses allude to. You are kept by the power of God who is faithful to perform a good work in you until the day of Jesus Christ(1 Peter 1:3-5,
Philippians 1:6, Ephesians 1:13). If you are trusting in your good works to get and/or remain saved, you are not completely trusting in Christ. The book of James speaks of being justified in the eyes of men by our works. Saving faith produces good works. Man looks on the outward appearance of other men, but DOES NOT know their hearts! Only God knows the heart. Man can fool man quite well, but you cannot fool God!(1 Samuel 16:7)

“I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed” Galatians 1:6-9

There is ONE gospel. No other variant form of the gospel is a saving gospel. The gospel is not complicated(2 Corinthians 11:3-4), but man makes it that way. If you believe a false gospel it will cost you ETERNITY in the lake of fire. I hope and pray for this site, that people will turn to the truth!

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." 2 Thessalonians 1:8

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:15
-------------------------------------------------------------

Correct, getting Christian Salvation doctrine right makes for "bare Christianity". Since your doctrine is nowhere similar to Christian Salvation doctrine, you flunk the test. No Way, No How, are you Christian.
Poor, poor Kitty.

In Romans 1:17, Paul tells us that, "The just shall live by faith." The Apostolic Christian Church is in full agreement with this statement. However, she does not agree with the way some would define faith. The Church speaks of faith in the biblical sense. While Paul says, "the just shall live by faith," he also says, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6). He further states, "If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:2, 13). Why is the greatest of these love? Because without love there is no faith. So then, how is love manifested? Well, in Romans 12:9-13 Paul says, "Let love be genuine, hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good, love one another with brotherly affection, outdo one another in showing honor. Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality." Elsewhere Paul speaks of "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5). So for Paul, to have faith meant to take action. That is why James tells us that "faith without works is dead" (James 2:17).

When the Philippian jailer asked Paul, "Men, what must I do to be saved?" Paul said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved" (Acts 16:30-31). Some take this to mean intellectual assent [like you Kitty], but the Biblical concept of believing means to act in accordance with. Jesus tells us in John 3:36, "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life." So not obeying is not believing. Notice how Jesus answers the rich young man who asked, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" He said, "You know the Commandments…Sell what you have and give to the poor" (Mark 10:17-22). In Matthew 25:32-46, Jesus characterizes the saved as those who feed and clothe the poor and visit those in prison. He also characterizes the ****ed as those who refrain from such activities. In Revelation 20:12 and 2 Corinthians 5:10 we are told that we will be judged by our deeds. Was the Apostle John in error when he wrote, "And by this we may be sure that we know Him, if we keep His Commandments? He who says 'I know him' but disobeys His Commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps His word, in him truly love for God is perfected. By this we may be sure that we are in Him" (1 John 2:3-5). Finally, we are told in 1 John 3:23, "And this is His commandment, that we should believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as He has commanded us."

In Matthew 25:40, Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me." Reject your neighbor, and you reject Jesus! Does this mean that your good works will earn you salvation? No, not at all. All that we do, we do by the grace of God. Indeed we can not even say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:3).

For the Christian there is no excuse for serious deliberate sin. "Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful and He will not let you be tempted beyond your strength, but with the temptation will also provide the way of escape that you may be able to endure it" (1 Corinthians 10:13). Also, "For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome" (1 John 5:3). They are not burdensome because He enables us to obey them with His grace. As we are told in Hebrews 4:15-16, "For we have not a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses…Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Jesus Himself says as much in John 14:15-16: "If you love me you will keep my Commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Councilor, to be with you forever." In other words, you can keep the Commandments, because He is sending another Councilor (the Holy Spirit) who will give you the grace to do it. This grace was the reason why Paul could say, "I can do all things in Him who strengthens me" (Phillipians 4:13).

So a failure to do good works is not a failure to earn one's salvation, but a rejection of grace which is ultimately a denial of the power of the Holy Spirit, and that is the "unforgivable sin" (Mark 3:28). It is unforgivable because it is a rejection of Christ. Good works are not something in addition to faith, but the proof that faith exists. The good works in question do not constitute "works salvation" because they were not produced by something within the individual but were in fact accomplished by the grace of God, which is a gift. There is nothing to boast about but much to be thankful for.

Clement, the fourth Bishop of Rome, writing around the year 95, taught about the connection between grace and works and the need for our cooperation with grace. He wrote, "Let us therefore join with those to whom grace is given by God. Let us clothe ourselves in concord, being humble and self-controlled, keeping ourselves far from all backbiting and slander, being justified by works and not by words...Why was our father Abraham blessed? Was it not because of His deeds of justice and truth, wrought in faith?... So we, having been called through His will in Christ Jesus, were not justified through ourselves or through our own wisdom or understanding or piety or works which we wrought in holiness of heart, but through faith, whereby the Almighty God justified all men" (1 Clement 30:3, 31:2, 32:3-4).

As for the sacraments, they are occasions of grace and not rituals that must be performed to earn salvation. The grace received enables us to accept our salvation and to live the Christian life. This is reflected in Jesus' statement concerning the Eucharist in John 6:56. He said, "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him." It is only by the grace of God that we accept Christ in the first place and it is only by the grace of God that we remain in Him. This is what the Church calls Sanctifying Grace. Besides Sanctifying Grace, every sacrament produces Sacramental Grace. Sacramental Grace is a special grace that helps in the fulfillment of the duties related to a particular sacrament. For example, in the sacrament of Matrimony, the Sacramental Grace received can enable the couple to be the husband and wife that God would have them be.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and Titus 3:3-7 speak of salvation as an inheritance. An inheritance cannot be earned, but it can be lost. Despite what some may claim, Christians can lose their salvation. Paul affirms this when writing the church at Corinth, "But you yourselves wrong and defraud, and that even your own brethren. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor the idolaters, nor the adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:8-10).

Paul does not even claim that he is saved. He tells us in 1 Corinthians 4:2-5, "It is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court. I do not even judge myself. I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then every man will receive his commendation from God." And again in 1 Corinthians 9:25-27, "Every athlete exercises self control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air, but I pommel my body and subdue it lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

The reason why you can lose your salvation is because even after accepting Christ a person is still capable of sinning and remaining unrepentant. And repentance is necessary for forgiveness. Scripture is very clear on this point. Listen to Paul’s warning to the Church at Rome: "Do you suppose, then, you who judge those who engage in such things and yet do them yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you hold his priceless kindness, forbearance, and patience in low esteem, unaware that the kindness of God would lead you to repentance?" (Romans 2:4). Jesus Himself warns the Church at Ephesus. He says: "Realize how far you have fallen. Repent, and do the works you did at first. Otherwise, I will come to you and remove your lamp stand from its place, unless you repent (Revelation 2:5).

The early Christians agreed with this teaching as we can see from such writings as the epistle of Barnabas, written around the year 130. In chapter four we read, "So no assumption that we are among the called must ever tempt us to relax our efforts, or fall asleep in our sins, otherwise the prince of evil will obtain control over us, and oust us from the kingdom of the Lord."
When we give our lives to Jesus our free will is not taken away. We do not become robots compelled to feed the poor or avoid sin. We must submit to Christ on a daily basis. As the Scripture says, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God" (James 4:6-7).
If the Apostolic Christian Church's teaching on justification is wrong, then so is the Bible and so were the early Christians.

A

Aliciaforjesus

Eph 2:8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:Eph 2:9Not of works, lest any man should boast.Eph 2:10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You mean I can rest in Jesus!
Woo! Woo!

Where ever the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom!

B

Baruch

-------------------------------------------------------------

In Romans 1:17, Paul tells us that, "The just shall live by faith." The Apostolic Christian Church is in full agreement with this statement. However, she does not agree with the way some would define faith. The Church speaks of faith in the biblical sense. While Paul says, "the just shall live by faith," he also says, "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6). He further states, "If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:2, 13). Why is the greatest of these love? Because without love there is no faith. So then, how is love manifested? Well, in Romans 12:9-13 Paul says, "Let love be genuine, hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good, love one another with brotherly affection,

And yet you said this at the beginning of your post:

Correct, getting Christian Salvation doctrine right makes for "bare Christianity". Since your doctrine is nowhere similar to Christian Salvation doctrine, you flunk the test. No Way, No How, are you Christian.
Poor, poor Kitty.
Is it love to mock? No. But Pharisees mocked Jesus.

Is it love to condemn a believer as not a christian? No. In that you judge by that manner, you shall be judged. And the standard you raised as loving one another goes to show you condemning the believer and hardly serving the Lord Jesus Christ in correcting the believer in the hopes that God will deliever him out of the snare of the devil.

outdo one another in showing honor. Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in your hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints, practice hospitality."

Failing in that, brother. You raised the standard to condemn by... are you not now condemned?

But I would show you a more excellent way. You are my brother in Christ for you believe in Him, but you are labouring in unbelief if you look to doing works by catholicism to justify yourself. So let us examine the end result of your beliefs if they be true.

How can no flesh glory in His Presence if catholicism is a means to obtain righteousness? How cannot one boast of praying the Rosary everyday as opposed to someone praying it once a week? How can one not boast of doing it more than once a day over another that did it once a day? How can one not boast of doing all kinds of penance and yet have not love... avail anything?

Romans 10:2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

So am I not testifying just how much God loves you that He has made you His and will help you live as His providing that you apply faith in His Word that He will do it? Which brings more glory to God? Him having done in saving us as His and doing what He said He will do to help us live as His or man obtaining righteousness by their merits and will?

John 1:12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 11: 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Obatined what in the past tense? Salvation.

Romans 4:25Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 5:16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. 19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 3:22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

And in applying to you... you are justified by faith without the deeds of catholicism.

I would call that Good News.

Elsewhere Paul speaks of "the obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5). So for Paul, to have faith meant to take action. That is why James tells us that "faith without works is dead" (James 2:17).
In the Book of James, the church was being addressed for abusing the poor and getting out of feeding and clothing the poor when they had the means. They were issuing faith in God's Providence towards the poor to be warm and to be filled as if by saying that to themj, God will provide for them, but in the eyes of the poor, the issuers of that faith is dead for they would not part with the bounty collected that the church did not need at the moment but yet they were verbally issuing faith in God's Providence towards the poor to be warm and to be filled. This is what it meant about "what doth it profit?" as in regards to the poor which the letter was addressing that church from the beginning of that chapter in how they were abusing the poor in showing favoritism towards the rich.

Abraham applied faith by stating to Isaac that God will provide for the offering when Isaac had inquired with what they would offer to God. By faith... God provided. It is this action of faith in God's providence that was being addressed and cited as an example. It has nothing to do with the faith in regards to salvation but in regards to abusing not only the poor but the application of verbally applying faith in God's Providence in getting out of feeding and clothing the poor.

B

Baruch

I hope i'm not off topic here but I think we are saved if we believe in Christ and know God raised Him.Doing works is what God calls us to do.Works is not a requirement for entering heaven,they will however put you at a better seat in heaven.Let me know If I am wrong here,I am a new Christian just feeling my way around the Bible. God bless
As the just shall live by faith In Jesus as Our Saviouir, so shall the just live by faith in Jesus as their Good Shepherd in helping them live as His.

B

Baruch

Mcap,

Yeah man, when we get saved, firstly, we should WANT to do those works for the Lord. Beit, works don't get us into heaven but they DO provide like..'rewards' in heaven. But if ya think about it...we'll cast those 'rewards' at the feet of Jesus:)

And yeah, When we get saved we totally need to at least TRY to live the life the Lord wants us to, staying repentant and such... But yeah...Here ya go..main rule man, Don't listen to other ppl. Just do like you're doing, and pick up the Word. I'll say, you DO NOT need books written by other ppl (though it CAN be good to read them) All you need is the Bible. The Lord is MORE than able to reveal the meaning of everything. (bible says, if a man lacks understand, let him ask of God who gives liberally)
:)
Yes. I agree with you that it is because of Jesus we can live the christian life but as far as "trying" goes, we can decide to follow Jesus, but there is no power in that decision, but by applying faith in Jesus helpiing us to live as His. As He began a good work in us, so will He finiish it when we trust Him at His Word to help us live as His thus the reason why the just shall live by faith.

It is important to make this distinction because I had been misled in doing the best I can in keeping my commitment to follow Jesus thus being religious about christianity, but Jesus had no confidence in man as being able so that was why He said to deny ourseloves as being able and looking to Christ Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. So when applying trying... may it be towards applying faith in Jesus and not towards the flesh of doing the best we can foir I will testify as thye scripotures will also, that we shall fail.

Matthew 19:25When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Matthew 26:4141Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

John 6:28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

You may come across some that may voice that they had tried christianity and it didn't work. That is proof that they did it religiously and not getting to know Jesus by trusting Him as their Good Shepherd to help them live as His.

That is the only reason why He would get all the glory and why we would cats our crowns at His feet because in all respect, we are His workmanship as the crowns are His crowning achievements in us which is also to His glory and why we would praise Him.

Psalm 100:3Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

John 1:12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Galatians 3: 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

2 Corinthians 3: 3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 4:5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

As we are to be withnesses of the Son of God, may we apply our faith in Him as we live this christian life.

Galatians 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

2 Timothy 4: 16At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I am glad to see your faith in Christ Jesus. May God cause the increase in the knowledge of Him.

A

Aliciaforjesus

roaringkitten,

I appreciate your dedicated concern about salvation by grace and through faith in Christ. Yes, the Bible does teach clearly that we must believe on the Lord Jesus Chrsit to be saved. Yes, we are born again and regenerated according to God's mercy and the Holy Spirit. Yes, there are no works of righteousness invloved on our part. YES, YES, YES! You are right and there is no salvation in any other, but in Christ and it happens the instant we believe. All the verses that you quoted are all true and can be trusted 100%.

Don't be so worried or insecure about what you believe. Rest in what you believe because you have conviction from God that these things are true. You don't have to prove anything because you already have. You have proved all things (pertaining to salvation) and you have held fast to that which is good, right and true. I am not against any of it and have the same conviction. Those same verses are dear to my heart as they are to yours. I don't believe that every person is going to be saved and go to heaven. I do believe that God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. I believe the gospel should be preached to every creature as Christ has commanded us to do, because He paid for all their sins no matter how wicked they have been.

I believe that those that live in the works of the flesh as a practice, will not inherit the kingdom of God. I also believe that a believer can backslide into sin and God will chastise that believer until they come back to be restored or God could take them home early through their sin that leads to physical death. That is not honorable but it happens and they will probably suffer the loss of all rewards, but will be saved as by fire. However, when they appear before the judgment seat of Christ, they will not be judge according to sin because their sin has already been judged by Christ's death, burial and resurrection, but their works will be tried by fire.

If you see a brother sin or fail, go to him alone in meekness, as a Spirit-filled believer. Don't judge him or condemn him but restore him through love, mercy and grace. Don't even repeat the matter to another soul, including your spouse or best friend. I don't care how serious the matter is, help him get victory over his sin and bear his burden by helping him find a solution. What our brother's doesn't need when they fail is someone that criticizes them or tells them if they don't repent they will go to hell. That is wrong doctrine and has nothing to do with the grace of God. That is what I believe and it works. We have been given a word and ministry of reconciliation. If a husband and wife separate, don't you want them to be reconciled deep down? If your brother separates from fellowship with God through sin, don't you want him to be reconciled to God? I think and hope that you do.
Good word brother!

N

NoahsMom

Believe it......its has been worse before.

N

NoahsMom

BTW-I wasnt specifically talkin about one person, seems debates can bring out the ugly in folks at times, myself included. Shameful aint it?

C

carpetmanswife

yep lori u right *guilty* as dad spoke of in another thread ...i reckon we can all b a colon at times eh.......:eek:

A

Aliciaforjesus

This is the reason the church has become a clanging symbol,

No one can agree!

There is no love in that!

Everyone always fighting,

it's in all the churches, and even on here!

It is a noise I am so tired of hearing!

I would much rather share Jesus with as many people as I can outside the church,
than bring someone to church to be devoured by wolves.
At least outside the church they have a fighting chance to rest in Jesus, and not in man!

May 3, 2009
Where are you getting these commentaries from Sinnner???

Those who deny that works of charity are necessary, and complete our faith, ignore 1. scripture; 2.Tradition and 3. the Teaching Authority of the Church. They in effect uphold their own fabricated doctrine and repudiate that of Christ and the Apostles.

Amen.

L

Lauren

Whats this thread about? *coughs*
I apologize as I was the one who diverted the thread. Being new (to this forum), my flesh responded to the comment by eric, but now I see how my posting could quickly devolve the thread into something else.

Lauren

Status
Not open for further replies.