There will be no Rapture!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 3, 2018
The HEBREW explanation of Olive Tree and Lampstand means whole congregations. Whole congregations would keep the whole world in this type of knowledge than anything else.

It's simple logic which the pre-trib Rapture is completely void of. It's not even Biblically logical.
How can the context of Rev11 be about our Rapture? Because nothing in the text corresponds with it.

For example, I think you're saying that one of the two witnesses is the Gentile believers.
This means that the entirety of one witness is killed... and then are resurrected... and then (according to you) are "G725'd" (caught up--though I disagree).

But the text in 1Th4:17 says, "caught up TOGETHER WITH them" (meaning, both those who'd previously DIED [i.e. the 2W / including the Gentile believers, according to your view] AND the still-alive ones... "caught up TOGETHER").

Your view seems to be that they (both aspects) are NOT "caught up TOGETHER" but only these who'd DIED (one of the two "witnesses" groups, according to your view). And they "ascend" PRIOR TO the "7th Trumpet / 3rd Woe"... ;

I think you are saying that the "still-alive ones" (who are NOT "killed" in this context) remain [further] unto the END of the Trib... but this goes against the wording of 1Th4, which tells us both the dead in Christ (bodily-resurrected) and the we which are ALIVE (both aspects of the One Body) will be "caught up TOGETHER" (the still-alive ones will be "caught-up TOGETHER WITH [together/at the same time with] them") contrary to your view.

Feb 8, 2021
How so?
It literally says NOWHERE in the Bible about a Rapture before Tribulation taking place.

Since it does not literally say such a thing how am I guilty of doing what you do?
It doesn't have to say such a thing when we can read and understand that very thing being said in OTHER ways than to directly and succinctly spelled out in detail.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The cheap and cheesy escape from the obvious meaning to which this leads is some claim that the wrath occurs later in the tribulation. That doesn't fit with chapter 6 of Revelation, so let's see if you have something novel to try and wiggle out of this.

Oh, let me guess. You're going to claim that the day of the Lord is just one day, the day of Yahshuah's return. Well, all those verses I quoted above puts that to sleep, so the "context" dodge won't work here either.

So, what's it going to be?

MM

Feb 8, 2021
Are you saying that we have not had any tribulation for the last two thousand years of the church age? That must be a bitter pill to swallow for the apostles and all those martyred for the Lord.
They try to convolute the "wrath of the Lamb" with mere "tribulation" that has been ongoing for millennia. The difference, of course, is amazingly obvious in scripture that some refuse to acknowledge.

MM

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 1 Thess.4 where it says God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep my language scholar friends say it probably says: God will bring up with him. This makes more sense then dying and gone to heaven then come with Jesus to be resurrected from the grave and returning to Heaven.

But every english bible uses the Masorectic text and it can say either/or

Just sharing info--don't kill the messenger
You are referring to the following, yes?

Thess.4:14
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

It makes sense to me Christ should bring the souls of those who have been waiting for the Resurrection with Him as their bodies are still in the earth. This is why Paul said those who have died won't precede us who are living. We will all get our new bodies at the same time. He will bring those who have died, call out to their bodies in the grave so they are raised from the dead and then all bodies, both of the dead and those who are alive, will be transformed into the new spiritual body which is the Resurrection. Keep in mind, souls are saved, only bodies are resurrected. This all happens in the air where we meet the Lord. We then return to heaven where our home is (our citizenship is in heaven) where we will be evaluated and rewarded accordingly.

2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Once the Church has been sorted out, we return with Christ at the Second Coming to help rule over the Nations.

That's my understanding of 1Thess.4:14-17. It's a breakdown in nanoseconds because the whole thing will occur "in the twinkling of an eye". :)

sawdust

Feb 12, 2024
Darwin, NT
First heard that one in Bible college years ago.... Made me laugh, too!

:giggle: I think I was told by two students from Maine telling me in their Maine accent, which made it even funnier!

Being an Aussie, I had to look up what a Maine accent sounded like. I think it's cool. :D

Aug 3, 2018
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Once the Church has been sorted out, we return with Christ at the Second Coming to help rule over the Nations.
I agree with you there. (y)

--"the judgment seat of Christ" where "reward" pertains (for the Church which is His body);

--this is why Paul said he will be awarded a "stephanon/crown" in that day 2Tim4:8 (and not to him only), which does NOT refer to the time of his DEATH;

--this is why we also see the "24 elders" wearing "stephanous / crowns" (promised in the section previous--chpts 2-3), BEFORE Jesus opens the FIRST SEAL at the START of the 7-yr period;

--this is what I believe the "WAS FOUND" wording means, in Rev5:4 (pertaining to the judgment seat of Christ / BEMA), as this word is ALSO used in the latter chpts of Acts, where Paul was brought before their [human/earthly-located] "bema" ;)

Feb 8, 2021
Another reason none here should want to pass over into the tribulation is that those people will no longer be under the Gospel of Grace (of Yahshuah), but rather the tribulation saints will be under the Kingdom Gospel, which is different. In the Kingdom Gospel, one must ENDURE.

Matthew 24:13-14
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Many run aground of those strange, unscriptural doctrines works-based salvations when trying to defend these verses allegedly speaking of us today.

MM

Aug 3, 2018
[to go along with my last post]

"... because no man [/ not even one] was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon." Rev5:4

Aug 3, 2018
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The cheap and cheesy escape from the obvious meaning to which this leads is some claim that the wrath occurs later in the tribulation. That doesn't fit with chapter 6 of Revelation, so let's see if you have something novel to try and wiggle out of this.
He'll probably say (like I've heard, from some) that the humans standing on the earth and speaking the words (in Rev6:16-17) are just "from a human perspective" but not actually "truth".

I don't buy it; because of way too many other evidences outside of these 2 verses merely.

Aug 3, 2018
Matthew 24:13-14
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Many run aground of those strange, unscriptural doctrines works-based salvations when trying to defend these verses allegedly speaking of us today.
Totally agree.

[the "mis-application" of this text by many... is... not good]

Aug 3, 2018
You can position anywhere you like there's still not one single verse connecting to heaven at the Rapture anywhere. Only in the clouds and air.
Amen, but during the Rapture Event itself it's only clouds and air. But no doubt we will get to Heaven just not at the Rapture.
If I'm recalling rightly, you believe one of the two witnesses is the Gentile believers, who (as you'd put) are raptured "TO HEAVEN" (after they're killed and then are resurrected). Didn't you say this?

Doesn't that mean that (according to your view) that the "2W" are "raptured TO HEAVEN" per Rev11:12?

How are you now saying that when our Rapture happens, that it nowhere indicates it is "TO HEAVEN" (as its destination-location)?

[note to readers: I don't believe Rev11 speaks anywhere of a "rapture [G726]" event... the "2W" will ASCEND up to Heaven (not be "SNATCHED [G726]"); and I believe there will be ONLY ONE "G726 - SNATCH" event... not two, separated by time. No. (It pertains SOLELY to the "One Body"... "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"--Eph1:20-23 WHEN [as to its existence])]

Jan 24, 2024
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have
overcome the world.” John 16:33​

John 16:33 is not speaking of the great Tribulation.

It speaks of our everyday life while we are living in the liberal's world.

Now, here is the Great Tribulation!

For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the
beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. Matthew 24:21​

You mean to tell us?
Being the great Bible scholar you are?

That you do not know that verse exists???

.............Get out of bed soldier!

.................................Five minutes till breakfast is over!

:coffee::coffee::coffee:
Look at the post you quoted and then make the claim you did. Comprehension seems to be a struggle for you at times.

Jan 24, 2024
Is there a verse in the New Testament that distinguishes between the tribulation during the church age and tribulation that takes place after the rapture?

Are you saying you have no issue with a "pre-70th week of Daniel rapture" and that your only issue is with the name of this doctrine?
These verses indicate final tribulation. But the rapture shows up in verses 30-31 of this prophecy.

21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not happened since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.
22 And unless those days were cut short, no one would be delivered. But for the sake of the chosen, those days will be cut short.

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the land will mourn, and they will see ‘the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven’ with power and great glory.
31 He will send out His angels with a great shofar, and they will gather together His chosen from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”

Jan 24, 2024
I believe it does.

One example:

2Th2:1-2 -

1Now we ask you, brothers, with regard to [/in behalf of] the [†]coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him [v.1's Subject: our Rapture],

2that you not be quickly shaken in your mind or be alarmed whether by a spirit or a word or a letter as if from us, to the effect [/purporting] that the day of the Lord has [already] come [i.e. purporting that the Tribulation period has already arrived (perfect indicative; transitive verb in the Greek)].

A few things:

--there's no need for Paul to say, "with regard to / in behalf of" our Rapture (the fact of our Rapture) unless he's tying it grammatically to the false claim "that the day of the Lord is present";

--in his earlier letter, he'd already made clear that the day of the Lord ARRIVES "exactly like [hosper]" the INITIAL "birth PANG [SINGULAR]" that Jesus had talked about; which itself takes place WELL PRIOR TO His Second Coming to the earth (7 yrs prior; and is EQUIVALENT to the SEALS of Rev6--in fact the FIRST SEAL--at the START of the "in quickness [noun]" time-period we label "the Trib" [Rev1:1/1:19c/4:1]);

--why would Paul think to say anything about "[not be] shaken in your mind" or "[not be] alarmed [/ 'wanting to "cry aloud, to scream (passive) because terrified" (WP, 1, 189); thrown into an "emotional uproar," i.e. very upset (alarmed, startled)']" IF he'd already taught them to EXPECT being here for it? (and in that case, the first part of the sentence [v.1's Rapture Subject] is WHOLLY OUT OF PLACE! "...in behalf of our Rapture..." what? WHAT ABOUT IT [unless you/Paul are connecting the ideas somehow]?! Why are these words here in v.1 [about our Rapture] if it has ZERO TO DO with its relation to the false claim [by others] saying/purporting "that the day of the Lord IS PRESENT" and the adverse effect such a false claim [v.2b's Subject] would have on their minds and reactions?)

--the phrase "the day of the Lord" is well-defined in Scripture (its ARRIVAL does NOT commence at the point in time of His Second Coming to the earth [/Armageddon time-slot, Rev19], but well BEFORE that point; It also goes on to INCLUDE that point as well as the entire MK age [1000 yrs]--so includes ALL THREE ASPECTS: Trib yrs, 2nd Coming, MK age)
You just are making it up to suit your beliefs but it says nothing like you claim.

Jan 24, 2024
If I'm recalling rightly, you believe one of the two witnesses is the Gentile believers, who (as you'd put) are raptured "TO HEAVEN" (after they're killed and then are resurrected). Didn't you say this?

Doesn't that mean that (according to your view) that the "2W" are "raptured TO HEAVEN" per Rev11:12?

How are you now saying that when our Rapture happens, that it nowhere indicates it is "TO HEAVEN" (as its destination-location)?

[note to readers: I don't believe Rev11 speaks anywhere of a "rapture [G726]" event... the "2W" will ASCEND up to Heaven (not be "SNATCHED [G726]"); and I believe there will be ONLY ONE "G726 - SNATCH" event... not two, separated by time. No. (It pertains SOLELY to the "One Body"... "the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"--Eph1:20-23 WHEN [as to its existence])]
The media will control what is reported because the AC will control it. Do you think the AC would show news clips of 2 single people bringing the Wrath of God upon all sinners? Because when they die the Bible says all the people on Earth will celebrate.

Personally, to me, this proves the 2 Witnesses are all over world as in groups because Satan is not going to show himself getting beat up. But when the Witnesses die for 3 days the Whole World is rejoicing. That has to be groups of people representing the 2 Witnesses.