Things you have at home but never/rarely use...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
List some things you have at home but never/rarely use...

I just thoguht it would make an interesting thread :rolleyes:

Some of the things I have and rarely use:

- electronic drumset
- morey boogieboard
- makapu swin fins (for boogieboarding)
- barely ridden mountain bike
- some R/C cars
- a couple of 4 and 6-channel R/C helicopters (for advanced R/C pilots only)
- a large R/C plane that's never been flown. Its almost 4' long

Last edited:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
*edit* "Things You Have But Rarely/Never Use..."

My brain.

I figure it will stay in mint condition if I never take it out of the box, let alone use it.

(Who knows, it might even be a collector's item someday...)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay!"

Which reminds me of a joke. A mad scientist needed a brain to complete his Frankenstein-ish monster, so he went down to the local brain store. He had never bought a brain before so he consulted the clerk about what kind of brain he should get.

"Well we have an engineer's brain for $600, it's good for figuring out problems," said the clerk. "Or we have a martial arts fighter's brain for $550, it's good with fast reflexes and agile movement. Or we have this politician's brain... it hasn't been programmed with anything yet, but it's $4,000."

"$4,000 for a brain with no specialty?"

"Yes, well, it's so expensive because it is brand new, never been used."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have an 88-key keyboard I use far too rarely. I really should be making soundtracks, but noooooo, this morning I've been playing Brigador instead.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Cleaning supplies. Let's just warn all the bachelors out there that I hate house cleaning. Organized yes, spotlessly clean, nope.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
List some things you have at home but never/rarely use...

I just thoguht it would make an interesting thread :rolleyes:

Some of the things I have and rarely use:

- electronic drumset
- morey boogieboard
- makapu swin fins (for boogieboarding)
- barely ridden mountain bike
- some R/C cars
- a couple of 4 and 6-channel R/C helicopters (for advanced R/C pilots only)
- a large R/C plane that's never been flown. Its almost 4' long
Time for a garage sale.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
My old Konica camera/ 1973. Purchased it when I was 14. I was developing black and white photos back then.

A

AuntieAnt

When I lived in Pennsylvania, I bought an awesome winter trench coat that I love so much. Now that I live in Texas, I don't get much opportunity to wear it. So there it is, hanging in my closet. *sob* :(

black coat.jpg

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My old Konica camera/ 1973. Purchased it when I was 14. I was developing black and white photos back then.
That reminds me I still have my dad's Nikon SLR from the 70's and my Canon SLR that I used for my photography classes. Both are like new. Too bad film isn't popular anymore or I'd still use them..

Oh I should have added my canon DSLR to my list. I have some canon lenses for it too (but they're not L lenses)

Last edited:
T

toinena

Stamp collection
A clarinet
A bassoon for children tuned a 5th above a normal bassoon
A large computer screen I thought would come in handy in my bedroom
Two bikes
4 pairs of skis
a laptop that were run over by my wheelchair
100 meters of fabric I might find out I should make something clever of
250 bundles of yarn
Bottles of strong Liquor I never drink
Solar panels I never use (but it might come in handy)
A wagon I could attach to the bikes I never use
Loads of trousers that are waiting for the time when I have lost the weight that I thought that I was going to loose.
A long persian carpet, that I don't want in my hall, but it would look good in it in case my mother shows up.
Loads of cassetts with music from the 80s
Presents that I thought to give to some, that have become too old it is embarressing to give it to anybody
Books about the Royal Family I thought perhaps my mother would read
(have I filled the whole page yet?)
100 magazines with knitting recepies and sewing patterns in case I would use some of the yarn and fabric

And this is after I filled a rented container with junk to the dumpster this spring.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Stamp collection
A clarinet
Two bikes
4 pairs of skis
250 bundles of yarn
Loads of trousers that are waiting for the time when I have lost the weight that I thought that I was going to loose.
A long persian carpet, that I don't want in my hall, but it would look good in it in case my mother shows up.
Presents that I thought to give to some, that have become too old it is embarressing to give it to anybody
100 magazines with knitting recepies and sewing patterns in case I would use some of the yarn and fabric

And this is after I filled a rented container with junk to the dumpster this spring.
I still have some of my cassettes from the 80s :D (Taylor Dayne, Expose', Lisa Lisa, Rush, Van Halen, Cinderella, Bon Jovi, Dokken..)

I saw Cinderella's lead singer and bass player at Denny's one night! :D

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Stamp collection
A clarinet
Two bikes
4 pairs of skis
250 bundles of yarn

You can
pass me some of ur fabric... and i was looking for a violin or cello, but u must be using them still=). I also still have some stamp collection, but i passed on some to a friend's niece.

And something that was given and i want to use is a hat given by an in-law. Ive long wanted to start a thread on hats, for are they unappreciated here=(. I have to be content with those common baseball caps, so as not to catch much attention when i need some head gear.

Last edited:
G

Galatea

A piano. It is, unfortunately, a beautiful piece of furniture.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I saw someone on Facebook that was looking for yarn, if I run into them again, I will try to hook you up. I hope that all the stuff that went to the dumpster was truly trash, I hate to think of good stuff being wasted, when so many are needy. Blessings........

penknight

Jan 6, 2014
My bus card, my stuffed frog (I don't go to sleep with it like I used to), my stack of mini bibles, my gamecube, and my other laptop

A

AuntieAnt

Friends gave me this pretty poäng rocking chair and it's sitting in my bedroom by the window. But I don't get to sit in it very often because it's too easy to drop things onto it, like my hand weights, bookbag, purse, sweater, & umbrella (all of those items are in the chair right now). :p It's too bad because it's extremely comfortable.

chair.JPG