Things you have at home but never/rarely use...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
AuntieAnt what you need now is a treadmill. Put a clothes rack beside that shelf. =^.^=

H

Hellooo

I had to think about this for a little bit:

Water purification tablets
A few scarves (which I'll be selling/donating now that I recall that I have them)
My laptop (I sit in front of a computer enough at work, I use my kindle or phone at home)
fire extinguishers (been meaning to check if mine are on the recall list, there was an article a few weeks ago)
apron
grill pan
fitness jump rope

A

AuntieAnt

AuntieAnt what you need now is a treadmill. Put a clothes rack beside that shelf. =^.^=
Actually, I have an elliptical but I use it pretty regularly. The only thing hanging on it are my resistance bands which, come to think of it, I hardly ever use. :rolleyes:

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Waffle Iron
Toaster
Electric Can Opener
George Foreman Grill
Bathtub
Rice steamer/cooker

In fact, the only small appliance I use on any regular basis is my crock pot.

Also, closets and dresser are rarely used. I have tendency to buy only clothes that don't show wrinkles and live out of laundry hampers in between laundry days. Everything clean is in the hampers in our Doortal (walk through closet/half bedroom thingie, it needs explained) and dirty stuff goes in the other hamper in the bathroom.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I had to think about this for a little bit:
fire extinguishers (been meaning to check if mine are on the recall list, there was an article a few weeks ago)
If they're more than a couple of years old, replace them. Larger commercial extinguishers are serviceable but most smaller ones that people have at home are not.

H

Hellooo

If they're more than a couple of years old, replace them. Larger commercial extinguishers are serviceable but most smaller ones that people have at home are not.
This motivated me to finally go and look up that recall, because I really didn't want to pay!

both models that i own ended up being on the recall list.

I filled out an online form with the manufacturer and should be getting 2 replacements for free within '10-15 business days'

If anyone else is curious if they're eligible for free extinguisher replacements if you have a Kidde fire extinguisher,
More info:
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/k...astic-handles-due-to-failure-to-discharge-and
Online recall form:
https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/
even if you aren't 100% sure if yours is impacted, if you plug in the model and it's not on the list, then it's not affected. or you can fill out the whole thing with the serial numbers and all and the confirmation page will tell you explicitly that it's unaffected or affected.

Feb 7, 2015
We have a Total Gym, a Nordic Trac, an Exercise Bike, an Ab Crusher, and about another 6 or 8 smaller pieces of equipment, that since I had my knee replaced, hardly ever get used anymore.

Feb 7, 2015
Waffle Iron
Toaster
Electric Can Opener
George Foreman Grill
Bathtub
Rice steamer/cooker

In fact, the only small appliance I use on any regular basis is my crock pot.

Also, closets and dresser are rarely used. I have tendency to buy only clothes that don't show wrinkles and live out of laundry hampers in between laundry days. Everything clean is in the hampers in our Doortal (walk through closet/half bedroom thingie, it needs explained) and dirty stuff goes in the other hamper in the bathroom.
Just a suggestion, but don't ya think the bathtub should be used at least once a week?

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Crockpot, waffle Iron, Regular Iron, Second bedroom, bicycle, manual can opener, cook books, egg separator, rolling pin.

I'm sure there is more just not at the ready in my mind....

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
Just a suggestion, but don't ya think the bathtub should be used at least once a week?
There is a separate corner shower that gets used daily. The bathtub is just a tub, and even though it has jets, it's smaller than me by a large margin, and when I sit in it, i have to cross my legs, which is uncomfortable. Sorry to ruin your joke though. :p

J

joefizz

We knew Willie T well we shall miss him,he had done so good here up to this moment and now we shall say goodbye!:cool::cool:

R

Ralph-

Forget the bathtub. The George Foreman grille is what I'm concerned about.

R

Ralph-

There is a separate corner shower that gets used daily. The bathtub is just a tub, and even though it has jets, it's smaller than me by a large margin, and when I sit in it, i have to cross my legs, which is uncomfortable. Sorry to ruin your joke though. :p
Why is that man making a satanic sign with his hand in your avatar?

R

Ralph-

We knew Willie T well we shall miss him,he had done so good here up to this moment and now we shall say goodbye!:cool::cool:
Willie's not going anywhere 'cause you can't push Willy round, Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no, little Willy, Willy won't go home.

J

joefizz

-A multi tv jack connector
-many of my vcr tapes since my vcr won't play them half the time and because I have so many that I can't watch them all
-Garfield books unless I am really bored or am looking for a laugh in place of memes or youtube
-My pappaw's old chess set

Feb 7, 2015
An astute observation, Ralph. And a very good point.

Last edited:
H

Hellooo

all the unused waffle irons! waffles are so good.
I don't eat enough waffles to justify having a waffle iron but I could sure go for some now. Blueberry and pecan.

Also, some of us appear to be sitting on $$$$...throw those unused items for sale on OfferUp, LetGo, or Varage Sale.

F

FenceMan

When I lived in Pennsylvania, I bought an awesome winter trench coat that I love so much. Now that I live in Texas, I don't get much opportunity to wear it. So there it is, hanging in my closet. *sob* :(

Well, now you can use it as an excuse to go on vacation in Pennsylvania, anyway. :)