This Corona virus pandemic could be the weapon that takes our liberties away , all in the name of saving lives?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I did find a source, not for .2 but an equally low .4......Jason Kenny Premier of Alberta is quoted now as saying that the mortality rate for those under 65 is .006

Here's the link to the CDC .4% news, this is from an NBC affiliate:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/h...OhUZAZp5gyZgkDmn6-7phBEVIw-dvMc_uH07sdLtgYs2Q

And here's the link to Premier Kenny's remarks about it being .006% for under 65's.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/b...gPFhDJe5x8wgKj3XDcaTO_t5X0_7f67Fbud0edr96ENi4

Overall mortality rates don't mean much in my books. What matters is that we have data so that individuals can determine what their risk is. An 85 year old in a nursing home does not have the same risk profile as an otherwise healthy 25 year old. It makes sense to me that measures need to be put in place that will protect those who are at extreme risk....but we don't need to apply them universally. Its something we already do in just about every area of life....
Either way, a far lower mortality rate than a mild flu season, and certainly far, far less than all the doomsayers were predicting. Exact numbers are hard to determine, with all the statistical fraud being committed to inflate the numbers.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Either way, a far lower mortality rate than a mild flu season, and certainly far, far less than all the doomsayers were predicting. Exact numbers are hard to determine, with all the statistical fraud being committed to inflate the numbers.
For the most part I'm trusting Canada's numbers, our health care system is publicly funded so there's no incentive to boost or under report in my opinion. I'm not saying the numbers are perfect, but I'm trusting the reporting for the most part. In the United States the medicare system is giving extra cash for Covid cases and for every time someone goes on a ventilator....and in my books with a profit driven hospital system money has the potential to corrupt.

According to Statistics Canada (a government agency) the 6th leading cause of death in 2018 was influenza/pneumonia. with 8,511 deaths. I assume they lump the two together because in the most serious cases influenza attacks the lungs and can lead to pneumonia or even double pneumonia. In Canada we're fast approaching 7,000 total Covid deaths, and I'm almost 100% certain we'll go past that 8,511 number.

A flu season, from what I've read, is between 22 and 27 weeks long, so basically 6 months give or take. So far we're about 3 months into this conronavirus pandemic in Canada. I am thinking/hoping that as the summer weather rolls in that we'll see the numbers coming down....but I'm also thinking that come the fall we're going to see the much talked about second wave. I hope I'm right about the summer easiing up and I hope I'm wrong and there's no second wave....but I also keep hoping the Leafs will win a Stanley Cup.

Thankfully in Ontario the number of people being hospitlaiized has been trending lower, I write a blog and I've been tracking the numbers put out by the Ontario Hospital Assn. Back on May 20th there was a report that there were 975 in hospital....now its down to 833.

https://gordiecanuk.blogspot.com/2020/05/tracking-load-put-on-ontarios-hospitals.html#.XtEtIDpKjIU

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
For the most part I'm trusting Canada's numbers, our health care system is publicly funded so there's no incentive to boost or under report in my opinion. I'm not saying the numbers are perfect, but I'm trusting the reporting for the most part. In the United States the medicare system is giving extra cash for Covid cases and for every time someone goes on a ventilator....and in my books with a profit driven hospital system money has the potential to corrupt.

According to Statistics Canada (a government agency) the 6th leading cause of death in 2018 was influenza/pneumonia. with 8,511 deaths. I assume they lump the two together because in the most serious cases influenza attacks the lungs and can lead to pneumonia or even double pneumonia. In Canada we're fast approaching 7,000 total Covid deaths, and I'm almost 100% certain we'll go past that 8,511 number.

A flu season, from what I've read, is between 22 and 27 weeks long, so basically 6 months give or take. So far we're about 3 months into this conronavirus pandemic in Canada. I am thinking/hoping that as the summer weather rolls in that we'll see the numbers coming down....but I'm also thinking that come the fall we're going to see the much talked about second wave. I hope I'm right about the summer easiing up and I hope I'm wrong and there's no second wave....but I also keep hoping the Leafs will win a Stanley Cup.

Thankfully in Ontario the number of people being hospitlaiized has been trending lower, I write a blog and I've been tracking the numbers put out by the Ontario Hospital Assn. Back on May 20th there was a report that there were 975 in hospital....now its down to 833.

https://gordiecanuk.blogspot.com/2020/05/tracking-load-put-on-ontarios-hospitals.html#.XtEtIDpKjIU
If your heath care system is publicly funded, it might be even more an incentive to diagnose in favour of corona. For example, with the loans stupid governments are taking on to battle this "crisis", more of the funds might be allocated to hospitals with corona victims than those without. So as corona has identical symptoms to cold, flu and similar symptoms to pneumonia, if there is a choice for doctors to decide between which illness a patient has, the doctor will likely select the illness with the most benefit to the patient/hospital. In many jurisdictions, they're reporting a much milder flu season, simply because they've diagnosed the usual flu cases (or colds) as corona.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
If your heath care system is publicly funded, it might be even more an incentive to diagnose in favour of corona. For example, with the loans stupid governments are taking on to battle this "crisis", more of the funds might be allocated to hospitals with corona victims than those without. So as corona has identical symptoms to cold, flu and similar symptoms to pneumonia, if there is a choice for doctors to decide between which illness a patient has, the doctor will likely select the illness with the most benefit to the patient/hospital. In many jurisdictions, they're reporting a much milder flu season, simply because they've diagnosed the usual flu cases (or colds) as corona.
Our hospitals are governement funded....whether someone is diagnosed with a cold/flu/covid it doesn't matter.....the hospital isn't trying to turn a profit.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Our hospitals are governement funded....whether someone is diagnosed with a cold/flu/covid it doesn't matter.....the hospital isn't trying to turn a profit.
Yes, but do you think every hospital gets the same funding from the government? The funding they get will be dependent on the perceived need. And the perceived need might be dependent on the patients treated, and what they're treated for. That's why some hospitals are better than others. Better managed, better equipment, better doctors, means more patients and more funding.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Yes, but do you think every hospital gets the same funding from the government? The funding they get will be dependent on the perceived need. And the perceived need might be dependent on the patients treated, and what they're treated for. That's why some hospitals are better than others. Better managed, better equipment, better doctors, means more patients and more funding.
I think that by and large the only real variation in Ontario hospitals is due to location...those in large urban centres like Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton etc...that they're going to be seeing more cases. The funding is all coming from the same place, government, and our hospitals often run at deficits....deficits which are covered by the province.

Dec 30, 2019
He has raised me from the dead more times than I can even count. One thing I have found out is if the doctors do not think you are going to live they do not return your calls. They just put you on ignore.

Dec 30, 2019
Everything has a risk factor.
Some more than others. I have two sons and they are opposite in terms of the risks they take. I suppose it follows a bell curve like most everything else in life. The Bible clearly teaches us how to live IF we want to live a long life.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
He has raised me from the dead more times than I can even count. One thing I have found out is if the doctors do not think you are going to live they do not return your calls. They just put you on ignore.
I'm just saying most stay dead or it wouldn't be called a miracle in less you are calling what human do to revive your heart or stats as a miracle.

Dec 30, 2019
I'm just saying most stay dead or it wouldn't be called a miracle in less you are calling what human do to revive your heart or stats as a miracle.
For some people everything is a miracle and for some nothing is a miracle. When cardiac arrest occurs, it is essential to start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within two minutes. After three minutes, global cerebral ischemia (the lack of blood flow to the entire brain) can lead to progressively worsening brain injury. By nine minutes, severe and irreversible brain damage is likely.

When my heart stopped it was 5 AM so the paramedics were sleeping. How long does it take to wake them up and get them to my house? I talked to one fire chief and he said the odds of me being resuscitated is one in 1200. Another fire chief in another city said the odds for them was one in 1500. For the atheist the odds of winning a lottery maybe one in a million or one in a billion and people still win so they do not attribute anything to a miracle. For me a real miracle has to go beyond what we can accomplish on our own apart from positive thinking and the power of suggest. We need to go beyond the placebo effect.

Jul 23, 2018
I agree .. varies so much even nation by nation... better preparedness, health system, population density.. all important factors
You leave red x's and you are wrong.

The hospitals get more money for covid victims so they label non covid as covid.

You were wrong from the start

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
It's just a mask.
It's just two weeks.
It's just non-essential businesses.
It's just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.
It's just until cases go down more.
It's just to keep others from being scared.
It's just for a few more weeks.
It's just communion or singing. You can still meet.
It's just until we get a vaccine.
It's just a few side effects.
It's just a bracelet.
It's just to let people know you're safe to be around.
It's just an app.
It's just to let others know who you've been in contact with.
It's just a few more months.
It’s just a video.
It’s just an email account.
It's just for protecting others from hate speech.
It's just a few people.
It's just a credit card company. You can use cash.
It's just a few places that don't take cash.
It's just a little chip.
It’s just for medical information and paying for things.
It’s just so you can travel.
It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.
It’s just so you can vote.
It's just for a few more years.
It's just a statue.
It's just a building.
It's just a song.
It's just a few words.
It’s just a piece of paper.
It's just a book.
It's just a movie.
It's just a flag.
It's just a piece of cloth.
It's just a blood test.
It's just a scan.
It's just a chip.
It's just a dog.
It's just a clump of cells.
It's just the bad people.
It's just the undesirables.
It's just the Jews.
It's just the men.
It's just the Christians.
It's just the people that don't think like we do.
It's just... wait...

It's not just a mask.

#boilingthefrog
via Sean O'Halloran

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
You leave red x's and you are wrong.

The hospitals get more money for covid victims so they label non covid as covid.

You were wrong from the start
When people are getting paid for saying things they know to be untrue, even the most eloquently argued rebuttals will not change them.

S

Susanna

When people are getting paid for saying things they know to be untrue, even the most eloquently argued rebuttals will not change them.
So you’re admitting it?

Judging from your posts on the COVID-19 virus, someone has to be paying😂.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
So you’re admitting it?

Judging from your posts on the COVID-19 virus, someone has to be paying😂.
All you have to do to prove me wrong is post or link the studies proving that a virus has been isolated (in fact) and demonstrated to cause the symptoms attributed to COVID-1984. I know you can't do this, because it hasn't been done. As such, it would appear that I'm the one speaking the truth, and you are on the side of the shills.

As I'm sure most people understand, there is usually no payment for telling the truth. Corrupt corporations often pay people to lie, to delay the realisation of truth and buy more time for their scams.

S

Susanna

All you have to do to prove me wrong is post or link the studies proving that a virus has been isolated (in fact) and demonstrated to cause the symptoms attributed to COVID-1984. I know you can't do this, because it hasn't been done. As such, it would appear that I'm the one speaking the truth, and you are on the side of the shills.

As I'm sure most people understand, there is usually no payment for telling the truth. Corrupt corporations often pay people to lie, to delay the realisation of truth and buy more time for their scams.
You’re quite the entertainer, aren’t you?😁

D

DWR

Why are we still talking about this virus?
The experts said the heat of summer would kill it.
Well, it has been hot for weeks now and the virus is still alive and well.
Fake news again?

Feb 28, 2016
fake news always has a 'hint' of 'truth' in it, simply because this is satan's way since the garden,
he's the truest of the true 'counterfeits'... -
hub and I urge all, True, Christians, and yes, even those who have lost loved ones to the 'virus',
KEEP your FAITH, for much worse is yet to come...
draw your knowledge from history's past, but most importantly, 'from The Word of God', for He has
already prepared and is preparing many more of those whom He has 'called-elected-chosen'
to OBEY His every Command, thus,
the unfolding prophecies are 'nothing new to us, and nothing that we are not able to over-come'...
for a Christian this is our lot, 'over-coming' in order to get where our Saviour desires us to be
for His every purpose...