this is my first year being Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 16, 2024
My name is Amaiah and i am 16 years old this is my first year being Christian but what a journey it has been and even though i don't have a relationship with the lord yet i am still looking ahead and i can't wait for him and i to have a relationship. but until that day comes i am just being positive

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Welcome to the family! I often recommend this movie to new/er converts:

^ Gospel of John is often recommended as a great place to start reading the Bible. This movie is a word-for-
Word portrayal of John's gospel, is very well done, and one I watched multiple times in my early days.

Also, please check online to see if a church near you is hosting the Alpha Course, a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Typically run over eleven weeks, each session looks at a different question around faith, and the talks are designed to create conversation in small groups afterwards. It's totally free, it's run all over the globe, and everyone's welcome.

The Alpha Course is amazing, full of facts, history, information, etc about our faith, interviews, with both popular
and famous apologists and the common person on the street, asking them such questions as, Who do you think
Jesus is? Very informative all round! I was going through the course myself twenty years ago when I realized I had
finally reached that place of needing no more convincing of the Truth of God's revealed written Word. What a relief!

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly .:)

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello Amaiah. We are glad to have you join us. There is a Christian Teens Forum here that may interest you. Welcome to our fellowship! :)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi welcome, lovely to have you joining the CC fellowship Amaiah! I hope you do connect to many teen friends here, there are more, maybe just not all online today. So sweet to have you all come here and no worries, we all at one point were new believers, God bless & keep you always🌹🙏✝🔯

Feb 17, 2023
My name is Amaiah and i am 16 years old this is my first year being Christian but what a journey it has been and even though i don't have a relationship with the lord yet i am still looking ahead and i can't wait for him and i to have a relationship. but until that day comes i am just being positive

I'm really happy for you! My first year with the Lord was amazing! And each year thereafter will be very interesting always and you will learn a lot. I've been with the Lord for many years now, and I can honestly say that no year with Him has ever been boring!

🍵

Aug 3, 2023
Long Beach, CA
View attachment 268416
:)
"Thank you for being you. A real blessing to witness young lives hoping for
a relationship with God. Know this and know it well...Guard the heart. Surely
the time will come for understanding these words."
https://christianchat.com/threads/i-saw-the-light.182858/post-3912695
View attachment 268417
Another way of describing Guard the Heart would be learning to set boundaries with others and respecting other people’s boundaries, based on how I’ve come to understand it over time. Christian therapists are amazing at teaching others that skill. I still might not even know what Guard the Heart really means but if rebuking fellow believers who could lead me astray is another way of guarding the heart, maybe I have somewhat of an idea and I’m hopeful that the Holy Spirit will teach me, just as any believer over time.

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, @Amaiah, A Very Warm Welcome to Chat, and also to "the family of God."

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified as a "new member { 'relationship' with our Father },
and all "the spiritual blessings" He Has Bestowed Upon us [ as new 'babes' ] the "very day day we"believed" and became an Eternal child of [ relationship with ] God, 'Established By Him!':

I pray that These Wonderful Scriptures Will Help you as you seek to have Great
'fellowship' (1 Corinthians 1:9-10 AV) with our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ!

Amen.

Ballaurena

May 27, 2024
I'm so glad you have come to know that there is a God who loves you. But why do you say that you don't yet have a relationship with him? Perhaps it is a new relationship, but if you are following after Him at all you have a relationship with Him.

Maybe you need to better understand what it means to have a relationship with God. It means that you care about each other, and that there is communication and interaction between you. If you are a Christian, then God has already communicated and interacted with you, and you with Him. If you pray to Him, that is relationship. If he guides your life in any way, including in the unseen - which He most certainly does, then that is relationship. If you read your Bible or listen/watch for His voice and effect on your life, that is relationship.

enril

Aug 18, 2024
it is amazing knowing Gods love. i have only been saved for the last 3 months. an his love is amazing.
I am happy for you. and will be prayng for you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You can have a relationship right now with the Lord. He will accept you as you are. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

jacko

Sep 2, 2024
yes, just pray this prayer from your heart and see you in heaven.

"Dear God,

I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness.
I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son, who died for my sins and rose from the dead.
I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life.
I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.
In Jesus' name,

Amen."

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
yes, just pray this prayer from your heart and see you in heaven.

"Dear God,

I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness.
I believe that Jesus Christ is Your Son, who died for my sins and rose from the dead.
I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life.
I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior.
In Jesus' name,

Amen."
This is what it is all about. Well spoken.

Dec 20, 2023
Texas
Amaiah,
If you are truly a Christian, then you certainly have a relationship with God. It may not be as strong as you wish that it were, but it is a spark that will grow and increase over time.

May God bless you in your walk with him!