This...is your favorite T.V. show thread! Brought to you by me.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 9, 2012
1,514
26
0
Favorite TV shows:

Once Upon a Time --I like the way they twist the Grimm tales and change the Disney story timeline.
Revenge --Just...oh goodness. The show is rich with retribution of another kind.
The Walking Dead --Suspense. Yes, this show is pretty gory. But it's full of suspense which I admire in most apocalyptic shows.
Bones --David Boreanaz. Plain and simple. I started to become a devout fan in watching the Buffy series on Netflix some time ago. I admit...the man is beautiful.
Just now getting addicted to Once Upon a Time in Wonderland..--I started watching this due to it being a spin off of Once Upon a Time. It adds more flavor to some of the backstory on the show.

So, it is your turn...What are your favorites and why?

I should also have you know that it isn't cool when you ruin the fun of others. So, with that said, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED. Thank you. :D
 
LOST - an amazing, philosophical mystery/sci-fi/thriller/drama. There's a lot of depth to the series and it's the epitome of a serialised story. LOST is very character-focused. There's nothing quite like it.

The Pretender - a psychologically-rich mystery/thriller/drama centered around family and identity (never completed but the series has recently been given a rebirth in book form).

Firefly - a character-rich sci-fi/western. The main cast have excellent chemistry, there are good stories, great humour and action. Some intense moments (never completed).

Doctor Who - adventures in time and space. Endless possibilities. A rich history. There are many diamonds amongst the rough.
 
The Office US ... come on, funny
Lie To Me .. loved the body language concept in it .. way too short lived
Monk .. just plain fun
The Jeffersons .. yeah... you know why
All In The Family .. though i haven't seen it in forever
Scrubs .. this one comes and goes
Impractical Jokers .. frikin hilarious
The Twilight Zone .. been airing here lately and i catch it when i can. pretty trippy stuff for the time
 
I also like "Once Upon a Time," but I just wanna smack Mary Margaret, her husband, and Emma sometimes.

I also like "Bones" the few times I have seen it, and "The Mentalist," but get lost sometimes with the continuity as I don't catch these shows as often.

I've recently discovered "Dr. Who."

The new show "Agents of SHIELD" is kind of fun.

Any shows that show a good archeological dig.
 
LOST - an amazing, philosophical mystery/sci-fi/thriller/drama. There's a lot of depth to the series and it's the epitome of a serialised story. LOST is very character-focused. There's nothing quite like it.

The Pretender - a psychologically-rich mystery/thriller/drama centred around family and identity (never completed).

Firefly - a character-rich sci-fi/western. The main cast have excellent chemistry, there are good stories, great humour and action. Some intense moments.

Doctor Who - adventures in time and space. Endless possibilities. A rich history. There are many diamonds amongst the rough.


At one point I thought "Lost" was the best show ever put on TV. But J.J. Abrams has a long history of coming up with amazing story concepts without the ability to close it even decently and also leaving a myriad of loose ends. "Lost" was no exception.

Pencil me in for "The Walking Dead".
 
I am a spoiler!!!

I Dont watch any Tv shows. Noting on TV glorifies God! Ill keep checking back on this post to see who needs prayer!!!

I use my tvs as monitors now for when we watch church services online.....


Many Christians today have become desensitized by a steady diet of things that are unholy. They defile their minds, and can no longer discern much of that which is evil. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil" (Isa. 5:20).

The eyes and ears are gates through which two of the physical senses channel information to the soul within a man.

A Christian father would not allow popular pornographic magazines in his home. But the same position would have been taken by Christians a hundred years ago concerning television.

This world is under the control of Satan and his demons (under God's sovereign hand) and this includes all commercial television programming. "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one" (1 Jn. 5:19).

As far as sport Go "That which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God" (Lk. 16:15).

The Christian who enjoys being amused or entertained by celebrities on TV (or any other way) should take heed to God's warning through the apostle Paul: "Avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness" (2 Tim. 2:16), and through the Spirit-inspired James: "Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent" (James 1:21).
 
At one point I thought "Lost" was the best show ever put on TV. But J.J. Abrams has a long history of coming up with amazing story concepts without the ability to close it even decently and also leaving a myriad of loose ends. "Lost" was no exception.

Pencil me in for "The Walking Dead".

LOST actually didn't have many loose ends, the answers were just not highly conclusive, nor spoon-fed. I wish the ending of the series had tied in more coherently with the rest of the series, but I still enjoyed it. And the pay-off for the characters, was great. Also, J.J. Abrams had little to do with LOST. He was involved towards the beginning and helped to come up with many of the spring-board ideas, but Damon Lindelof was the main drive behind LOST, along with Carlton Cuse.
 
I am a spoiler!!!

I Dont watch any Tv shows. Noting on TV glorifies God! Ill keep checking back on this post to see who needs prayer!!!

I use my tvs as monitors now for when we watch church services online.....


Many Christians today have become desensitized by a steady diet of things that are unholy. They defile their minds, and can no longer discern much of that which is evil. "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil" (Isa. 5:20).

The eyes and ears are gates through which two of the physical senses channel information to the soul within a man.

A Christian father would not allow popular pornographic magazines in his home. But the same position would have been taken by Christians a hundred years ago concerning television.

This world is under the control of Satan and his demons (under God's sovereign hand) and this includes all commercial television programming. "We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one" (1 Jn. 5:19).

As far as sport Go "That which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God" (Lk. 16:15).

The Christian who enjoys being amused or entertained by celebrities on TV (or any other way) should take heed to God's warning through the apostle Paul: "Avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness" (2 Tim. 2:16), and through the Spirit-inspired James: "Get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent" (James 1:21).

I'm all for personal conviction and being discerning in one's entertainment choices but it's important to use one's God-given brain. Some of those verses you've taken out of context. Your views in this regard are more Gnostic than Christian. Thank goodness you're praying for us awful TV-watchers.

Finally, you have the Internet. Just saying...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@titin,

your entitled to your opinion.

none of it is out of context.

And yes I use the internet to search God related topics. Its a great tool when used properly.

Your comments are not christ like.
and once again, you defend satan and attack a christian,
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil" (Isa. 5:20).
 
Yes, I make my point. Internet can be a great tool when used properly, but so can TV. Granted, it's not as interactive but I love Story and TV enables me to enjoy many stories. That said, I'm not defending Satan or attacking you. I follow Christ.
 
LOST actually didn't have many loose ends, the answers were just not highly conclusive, nor spoon-fed. I wish the ending of the series had tied in more coherently with the rest of the series, but I still enjoyed it. And the pay-off for the characters, was great. Also, J.J. Abrams had little to do with LOST. He was involved towards the beginning and helped to come up with many of the spring-board ideas, but Damon Lindelof was the main drive behind LOST, along with Carlton Cuse.


I'm guessing you didn't watch the show very closely.

[video]http://movieline.com/2010/05/25/rebutting-losts-questions/[/video]
 
I made the mistake of watching Breaking Bad when it first came on,
and I was hooked from then on. Never missed an episode.

Best show ever!

*hangs head in shame*

But my favorite character was Hank!
 
I'm guessing you didn't watch the show very closely.

[video]http://movieline.com/2010/05/25/rebutting-losts-questions/[/video]

I'm familiar with that website. Many of those are inconsequential to the story. There are many that were answered as well but they're answered inadvertently, not overtly. Finally, some of those questions were never intended to be mysteries. They were introduced and never followed through because they were present for thematic reasons, to establish an atmosphere and history to the story. I'm not saying I was 100% happy with the end result, some of my theories (and others) were better than some of the answers we were eventually given, but I also don't think it's wise to write-off an entire series because the ending wasn't what was expected. I'm not saying this is you but there were plenty of nay-sayers.
 
I'm familiar with that website. Many of those are inconsequential to the story. There are many that were answered as well but they're answered inadvertently, not overtly. Finally, some of those questions were never intended to be mysteries. They were introduced and never followed through because they were present for thematic reasons, to establish an atmosphere and history to the story. I'm not saying I was 100% happy with the end result, some of my theories (and others) were better than some of the answers we were eventually given, but I also don't think it's wise to write-off an entire series because the ending wasn't what was expected. I'm not saying this is you but there were plenty of nay-sayers.


How bout just ONE loose end answer! The young black kid was suppose to be the key to the whole show and he just kinda disappeared. Abrams just introduced other situations in the hope we'd forget about the questions we wanted answers to.
 
Wow, I don't watch ANY of those listed......sigh........YOU GUYS ARE JUST WEIRD!

:)

Lessee.......NCIS (although lately the language is getting hard to stomach)

NCIS Los Angeles (only sometimes......as it follows NCIS, how much can one watch?)

Person of Interest (but they have deviated greatly from the original concept of the show......if you know the Intro, you should understand........."You'll NEVER Find us, but victim or perpetrator, if your number comes up, we'll find you....." Problem is, it seems like EVERYONE who lives in NYC have FOUND THEM)

Elementary: Right now, my FAVORITE. Great writing, and good cast.......

Blue Bloods (but it is fading fast. If I miss an episode, I don't worry about it)

American Pickers (yeah, so what, I like it)

Swamp People (but, again, they have let the language factor almost run me off)

North Woods Law (Main Game Wardens)

Any of the Nature Shows that air......
 
How bout just ONE loose end answer! The young black kid was suppose to be the key to the whole show and he just kinda disappeared. Abrams just introduced other situations in the hope we'd forget about the questions we wanted answers to.

I'll give you that one. Puberty wasn't a good enough excuse for Walt's character never being able to return to LOST. There were unresolved threads to tie-up. That said, Walt wasn't the key to the series but he certainly was a big character mystery that was never properly answered.
 
I'll give you that one. Puberty wasn't a good enough excuse for Walt's character never being able to return to LOST. There were unresolved threads to tie-up. That said, Walt wasn't the key to the series but he certainly was a big character mystery that was never properly answered.

Cmon TinTin, I've already said it could have been the best show EVER at one point, but the ending was so abysmal, it ruined the series for my wife and I. They thought if they had the dog lay down with Jack at the end we'd all say awwww and forget about all the questions we invested 4 or 5 yrs in!
 
The Office US ... come on, funny


Totally agree, until Steve Carell left, though it was good to get more story on Dwight Schrute towards the end.

At one point I thought "Lost" was the best show ever put on TV. But J.J. Abrams has a long history of coming up with amazing story concepts without the ability to close it even decently and also leaving a myriad of loose ends. "Lost" was no exception.

I got started on J.J. Abrams' shows back on "Alias," which gave Jennifer Garner (Mrs. Ben Affleck) her first big role. He gave it an ending that was somewhat satisfying.

I was enjoying "Revolution" last season but now that it's in its second season, the show is acting a lot like "Lost" did.

Been a big fan of "Burn Notice" from the very beginning, but it ended over the summer.

Thankfully there's "The Black List" this season. A physiological thriller that has a thread of mystery that leaves wonder even after it exposes a little bit more back story.

Also looking forward to "Vikings" second season in 2014. It's on the History Channel, and from what I've read about Viking history, they are staying pretty true to their heritage.
 
Totally agree, until Steve Carell left, though it was good to get more story on Dwight Schrute towards the end.



I got started on J.J. Abrams' shows back on "Alias," which gave Jennifer Garner (Mrs. Ben Affleck) her first big role. He gave it an ending that was somewhat satisfying.

I was enjoying "Revolution" last season but now that it's in its second season, the show is acting a lot like "Lost" did.

Been a big fan of "Burn Notice" from the very beginning, but it ended over the summer.

Thankfully there's "The Black List" this season. A physiological thriller that has a thread of mystery that leaves wonder even after it exposes a little bit more back story.

Also looking forward to "Vikings" second season in 2014. It's on the History Channel, and from what I've read about Viking history, they are staying pretty true to their heritage.


LOVED Alias, til....... the end which I would not describe as somewhat satisfying, but at least it WAS an ending that answered most questions. Unlike LOst.
 
LOVED Alias, til....... the end which I would not describe as somewhat satisfying, but at least it WAS an ending that answered most questions. Unlike LOst.

LOST wasn't supposed to leave you a good ending though XD Hence why it's L*O*S*T XD