What do you personal get from God reading this scripture?
“And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.”
II Corinthians 12:7
God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble.
Pride goeth before a fall.
The LORD has respect unto the lowly, but to the proud He is afar off.
This scripture has nothing to do with sin in Paul's life, and has nothing to with Paul being arrogant.
The thorn in the flesh was given as something like preventive medicine, so Paul would not get arrogant.
Paul was not arrogant before the thorn, but he was shown an abundance of revelations from God, and God worked mightily in Paul's life, that God gave Paul a thorn in the flesh so he would not get arrogant, for if he did think himself something great because God worked mightily in his life then God could not use him, for He resists the proud.
God wanted to make sure that Paul stayed humble, which the Bible says if we think we are something when we are nothing we deceive ourselves, and how can we brag as if we did not receive it, but got it on our own.
Many people that claim Christ may think they are something special for living for God, and may look down on other people, and think higher of themselves than what they should, but God resists that kind of behavior.
God did not want Paul to get arrogant, so He gave him a thorn to keep him humble.
So Paul said concerning the thorn, I will glory in my infirmities, for when I am weak, then I am strong, for the power of Christ rests upon me.
If you keep yourself humble your life will be a whole lot better.