Thought policing and "trigger words" in Christian community

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Christian community has its own political correctness Manifesto. Just try saying:

- "science states"
- "microevolution" (speciation, or adaptation of a Noah's ark "kinds" into diverse species. I used this term before on CC and brothers and sisters came insisting that I should absolutely not use the term and that it's wrong to use it. I was genuinely surprised, even after I explained my views the term was still opposed, it was like I used "the wrong pronoun")
- "evolution" - brothers and sisters who interpret the Bible different than the majority are vehemently renounced
- "amillennialism" - they are not "true" believers, they are "not saved"
- "the church is Israel" (comprised of both Jews and non Jews) - people immediately come screaming "replacement theology"
- "saved by grace alone" - there will always be people quick to accuse you of "preaching license". So you can't attribute all the glory to God without getting opposed or being forced to put up a politically correct disclaimer of obedience, which should be a no brainer.
Sometimes, it's enough to say "science"... :censored:

This is tiresome.
For a lot of people, the more something is banned and suppressed, the more they are considering it. That's certainly something to think about. You're actually pushing fellow Christians to consider whatever view you're so emphatically against, the more you do this, the more people will consider it.

The Streisand effect is a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet.
(...)
The Streisand effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are significantly more motivated to access and spread that information

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
The reason why I opened this thread, is not to fight among ourselves about specific understandings, but rather as a mirror. I believe that we seriously need to look at ourselves, and what have we become. Are we really that different from those who want to shut us up, and censor knowledge of God and declaring Christian beliefs publicly?
Beyond the very core teachings such as divinity of Jesus, I simply see no good justification to act like this amongst ourselves.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Christian community has its own political correctness Manifesto. Just try saying:

- "science states"
- "microevolution" (speciation, or adaptation of a Noah's ark "kinds" into diverse species. I used this term before on CC and brothers and sisters came insisting that I should absolutely not use the term and that it's wrong to use it. I was genuinely surprised, even after I explained my views the term was still opposed, it was like I used "the wrong pronoun")
- "evolution" - brothers and sisters who interpret the Bible different than the majority are vehemently renounced
- "amillennialism" - they are not "true" believers, they are "not saved"
- "the church is Israel" (comprised of both Jews and non Jews) - people immediately come screaming "replacement theology"
- "saved by grace alone" - there will always be people quick to accuse you of "preaching license". So you can't attribute all the glory to God without getting opposed or being forced to put up a politically correct disclaimer of obedience, which should be a no brainer.
Sometimes, it's enough to say "science"... :censored:

This is tiresome.
For a lot of people, the more something is banned and suppressed, the more they are considering it. That's certainly something to think about. You're actually pushing fellow Christians to consider whatever view you're so emphatically against, the more you do this, the more people will consider it.
It's my opinion that you desire to oppress and silence biblical christian opposition, under the name of (Political Correctness)

You recently responded to the Pope condoning same sex unions as (Good News)?

I will be (Biblically Correct), it's bad news and death for those involved in its evil grip, I will continue to oppose your ungodly liberal views.

Gods words below on homosexuality!

2 Peter 2:6KJV
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Roman's 1:26-32KJV
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
It's my opinion that you desire to oppress and silence biblical christian opposition, under the name of (Political Correctness)

You recently responded to the Pope condoning same sex unions as (Good News)?

I will be (Biblically Correct), it's bad news and death for those involved in its evil grip, I will continue to oppose your ngodly liberal views.

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
What does this have to do with my subject...?
Also, if you read my full post beyond the first 3.5 words, you'd read that I said that it's good news because believers will rethink RCC as correct representation of the Biblical teaching and be encouraged to come out (and look for a more Bible based congregation). Does that make sense to you?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
What does this have to do with my subject...?
Also, if you read my full post beyond the first 3.5 words, you'd read that I said that it's good news because believers will rethink RCC as correct representation of the Biblical teaching and be encouraged to come out (and look for a more Bible based congregation). Does that make sense to you?
You haven't condemned homosexuality in this response, nor in your response concerning the Pope why?

Because you condone and endorse homosexuality, that's my opinion.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
You haven't condemned homosexuality in this response, nor in your response concerning the Pope why?

Well, your opinion is wrong. You didn't see my agreeing reactions on brothers' and sisters' posts, who did condemn it? That also reflects my views, not only what I wrote in my post. And in my post, I was looking at the consequence. I think it will sober people up.
Anyhow.
This is exactly a classical example of Christians thought policing one another in a totalitarian way. See, having to write big giant disclaimers every 5 words so you are not accused of something and witch hunted is exactly the problem I am speaking of.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014

No. I'll tell you why. The reason is the same as why I refused to renounce "science states" today. (You inspired the thread, actually.) I refuse to justify myself to you. Why should I answer to you? Especially when you come here and hijack my thread and what you're saying about me isn't even true. And you're not asking me "is such and so forth true?" or "did I understand you correctly?", you're telling me. You do not merit the type of response, which a kinder individual would get. Maybe try being less hostile, and people might actually respond in the way you'd like.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
No. I'll tell you why. The reason is the same as why I refused to renounce "science states" today. (You inspired the thread, actually.) I refuse to justify myself to you. Why I should answer to you? Especially when you come here and hijack my thread and what you're saying about me isn't even true. And you're not asking me "is such and so forth true?" or "did I understand you correctly?", you're telling me. You do not merit the type of response, which a kinder individual would get. Maybe try being less hostile, and people might actually respond in the way you'd like.
You still haven't condemned homosexuality, it's you who wants to police the christian community with (political correctness) God condemns homosexuality, its (Bad News)

You recently responded to the Pope condoning same sex unions as (Good News) Gods words speak other wise.

I will be (Biblically Correct), it's bad news and death for those involved in its evil grip, I will continue to oppose your ungodly liberal views.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And rightly so.

It is a grave error to confuse and confound the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body from Pentecost to the Rapture) and Israel (the redeemed and restored nation of Israel consisting of twelve tribes living in greater Israel).

Replacement Theology does great damage to all the biblical prophecies pertaining to Israel in the future, AFTER the Second Coming of Christ.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
And rightly so.

It is a grave error to confuse and confound the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body from Pentecost to the Rapture) and Israel (the redeemed and restored nation of Israel consisting of twelve tribes living in greater Israel).

Replacement Theology does great damage to all the biblical prophecies pertaining to Israel in the future, AFTER the Second Coming of Christ.
No matter what you, or I, think about it, or whether they have confused things or not, these people don't have evil reasons for believing it. They honestly believe Jesus united Jews and Gentiles and then must have the same plan for both. This is where their interpretation comes from. And it's repugnant to call them nazis, antisemitic and similar false names to vilify their view. There's nothing antisemitic in honest believing we are all one in Christ, whether they are wrong about Israel interpretation people can debate using Scripture. But my point is that they don't hate or discriminate against anyone and it's evil to try and silence their opinion by false name calling.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
I thought God was responsible for the condemnation of man and/or his works. I would speak out against any lifestyle that disagrees with the Word of God, but I would not condemn any person who may participate in such lifestyles. That is not within my power,

Their judgement is not my responsibility. We are taught to love the sinners, not condemn them, are we not?

As for the homosexuality lifestyle, the First Chapter of Romans says all that needs to be said, however, even such people are STILL capable of receiving salvation IF they repent, and seek Gods saving grace, and abstain from the lifestyle.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
And rightly so.

People who use the term replacement theology have no understanding. They just use it as a way to push their own faulty theology.

Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This is "replacement" right here. In the scriptures. If you are Christ's then you are heirs according to the promise. Not, if you are the nation of Israel you are heirs.

The big problem is identifying who is Israel and who were the promises to.

Romans 9:6-8
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Israel are the Children of God. Not a physical nation. The Promises belong to the Children of God.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

I'd be happy to explain these simple verses if you still don't get it.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I thought God was responsible for the condemnation of man and/or his works. I would speak out against any lifestyle that disagrees with the Word of God, but I would not condemn any person who may participate in such lifestyles. That is not within my power,

Their judgement is not my responsibility. We are taught to love the sinners, not condemn them, are we not?

As for the homosexuality lifestyle, the First Chapter of Romans says all that needs to be said, however, even such people are STILL capable of receiving salvation IF they repent, and seek Gods saving grace, and abstain from the lifestyle.
I fully agree with what you explained here, and I appreciate you chimed in.

I'd really like to get back on the subject, too. I believe this is an important topic and needs to be talked about. Many Christians get triggered by different words and phrases, but it gets worse than just disliking something, which is why this thread. Some who get "triggered" use forceful tactics to intimidate and coerce other Christians into accepting non core interpretations of theirs. They namecall. They declare others unsaved. They twist the Bible (lean not on thine own understanding, lean on mine!), or attribute a moral repugnancy to views that are morally neutral, such as prophecy understanding. Ugly outbursts, inquisitioning. They seek something to read in a wrong way and then hold an inquisition when nothing wrong was said. This reminds me of totalitarian practices, and not of the operation of the Spirit of God. It's forceful, it indulges the flesh, it doesn't rely on God, and I think it has no place among us, any teaching or sharing views needs to be happening with the Holy Spirit.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
In Romans God turned some very evil people to work with same sex partners for various forms of abominations. They were made so in order top put them in their place for having chosen evil over good.

Now if this is a reference to all homosexuals, I cannot see it. I do, however agree we are not in the position to judge nor, God forbid, judge any other to condemnation in this age.

It seems some folks whoclaim to be over the law cannot be so for others for they are judges and would-be executions in their beliefs. This is something that should not be.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
In Romans God turned some very evil people to work with same sex partners for various forms of abominations. They were made so in order top put them in their place for having chosen evil over good.

Now if this is a reference to all homosexuals, I cannot see it. I do, however agree we are not in the position to judge nor, God forbid, judge any other to condemnation in this age.

It seems some folks whoclaim to be over the law cannot be so for others for they are judges and would-be executions in their beliefs. This is something that should not be.
Now when you mention that, that reminds me. I don't like how people make categories of sins, like "this sin is especially heavy and we will constantly discuss it because I'm not tempted to commit it so I can feel self righteous (per example homosexuality), and this sin that I commit or worse, live in, isn't so bad and we're never going to have THAT in a sermon". When do you hear a sermon about downloading copyrighted content, and that's stealing? Or a sermon about grumbling. So if a sin is a common occurence, it's made "not a big deal". That's nowhere taught in the Bible. I think all sin is sin.

Also this word "condemn" is a politically correct coercion term of a modern date, like when they say to politician to "condemn" a war or "condemn" some violence, the term itself is phony because politicians use it to be politically correct, they don't even mean it, they just say it so the media doesn't bully them. And this is how we now treat one another as well and people don't even realize where they learned all this language, it's from modern politics. I don't want this to be my expression. I think we simply tell the truth, anything that isn't of God endangers the soul with eternal damnation because the soul chose darkness. And that's it. The topic was not intended about homosexuality it's about how we treat one another, about forcing groupthink among us, and especially on non core teachings. The thread is probably lost at this point from the intended subject. Always when a thread that calls for a deeper conversation is started, someone negative comes to derail it like that.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Now when you mention that, that reminds me. I don't like how people make categories of sins, like "this sin is especially heavy and we will constantly discuss it because I'm not tempted to commit it so I can feel self righteous (per example homosexuality), and this sin that I commit or worse, live in, isn't so bad and we're never going to have THAT in a sermon". When do you hear a sermon about downloading copyrighted content, and that's stealing? Or a sermon about grumbling. So if a sin is a common occurence, it's made "not a big deal". That's nowhere taught in the Bible. I think all sin is sin.

Also this word "condemn" is a politically correct coercion term of a modern date, like when they say to politician to "condemn" a war or "condemn" some violence, the term itself is phony because politicians use it to be politically correct, they don't even mean it, they just say it so the media doesn't bully them. And this is how we now treat one another as well and people don't even realize where they learned all this language, it's from modern politics. I don't want this to be my expression. I think we simply tell the truth, anything that isn't of God endangers the soul with eternal damnation because the soul chose darkness. And that's it. The topic was not intended about homosexuality it's about how we treat one another, about forcing groupthink among us, and especially on non core teachings. The thread is probably lost at this point from the intended subject. Always when a thread that calls for a deeper conversation is started, someone negative comes to derail it like that.
In heaven there will be no homosexuals, no adulterers, not any kind of sinner.

I believe this is more of a promise that all will be made perfect and holy. After all we are commended to be perfect for our Father is perfect. We are commanded to be holy, for our Father is holy.

These two commandments are impossible were it not they are not commandments at all, rather they are promises. For Who is it that does this work in us to be cmpleted on that last day?

Yes, it is God. So we should always remind brethren not to expect others to achieve what they, themselves cannot achieve, for it is our Father Who started the work in us Who will complete it.

If people wish to be, on the one had living in grace yet on the other had lawyers for the detriment of others they still have the veil of Moses and are not only blind but deaf and dumb. Pray for all to come to true mercy by His grace.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
In heaven there will be no homosexuals, no adulterers, not any kind of sinner.

I believe this is more of a promise that all will be made perfect and holy. After all we are commended to be perfect for our Father is perfect. We are commanded to be holy, for our Father is holy.

These two commandments are impossible were it not they are not commandments at all, rather they are promises. For Who is it that does this work in us to be cmpleted on that last day?

Yes, it is God. So we should always remind brethren not to expect others to achieve what they, themselves cannot achieve, for it is our Father Who started the work in us Who will complete it.

If people wish to be, on the one had living in grace yet on the other had lawyers for the detriment of others they still have the veil of Moses and are not only blind but deaf and dumb. Pray for all to come to true mercy by His grace.
AMEN... Yeah I know that I can't do or fight off anything without God...

L

lenna

this thread requires too much thought for many I am afraid

you are asking people to look at themselves. I happen to be an introspective person as it appears are you

most people will kick and scream even if you are saying the same thing but using a different terminology or viewpoint, while reaching the same conclusion

as for mr truth there, he believes the gospels, book of Acts, James and maybe one or to two others, are not really for Gentiles

he believes no doctrine can be formed from those books. his views are to be found all over this forum and he seems to be here all the time

sadly and you most likely know this, it ain't gonna change. it is just too bad that someone comes along and totally takes the thread in their own direction and a false direction at that. it's obnoxious