Thoughts on hair growth.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I know an elder lady that said when she was younger her hair was so long that she had to put it up in the shower or it would go down the drain. All the ladies I know now don't have hair near this long and I wonder if it is because of diet, environment or just genetics. Any thoughts?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I think it's called haircuts. Not long back in history many women never cut their hair.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
My hair is not that long, but it's longer than almost everyone I see when I'm out and about. Currently, without leaning my head back, it goes past the small of my back. If I lean my head back it goes to down to my thighs. I wear it in a side braid, or else it will take over the area. I take collagen, vitamins, etc. However, my hair was long before I started taking supplements. Maybe it's genetics, but I'm not sure. All my grandmothers had short hair.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I know an elder lady that said when she was younger her hair was so long that she had to put it up in the shower or it would go down the drain. All the ladies I know now don't have hair near this long and I wonder if it is because of diet, environment or just genetics. Any thoughts?
My ex fiancee had lovely natural blonde hair down to her knees.
I asked others why they cut their hair short and the answer is usually that it's easier to maintain. Some say it's too hot. She and I used to put up hay together through the summer. That tiny gal and her family would stack them, while I tossed them into the hay wagon.

That reminds me that I'm due for a haircut this week. It's been growing fast this winter even though I'm not supplementing for it. I'm my own barber so I just need to pick an evening.
💇‍♂️💈

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Some of the girls I work with don't cut their hair and its pretty long. But not touching the floor long. Thanks for all the input!

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Ok, so, I have to say that I think this looks hideous. Not even trying to troll anyone but, come on. Isn't this taking the display of 'glory' a bit too far?! Really.
The Strong's Greek includes in it's explanation of 'hair' as, "(the notion of length being only secondary and suggested)."

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I recently cut my hair in the style that brought to mind a nickname that I have acquired within the chat by a dear old Sheesher, :love: "Liz."

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Ok, so, I have to say that I think this looks hideous. Not even trying to troll anyone but, come on. Isn't this taking the display of 'glory' a bit too far?! Really.
The Strong's Greek includes in it's explanation of 'hair' as, "(the notion of length being only secondary and suggested)."
I like it.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I gathered that, this is why I placed the disclaimer that I don't mean to troll anyone. I just don't believe that the length of hair is any sort of indication of the measure of a woman's glory. Her hair, period, is given for a covering for her head, and not necessarily her entire body, even if extremely long hair has been adopted as a doctrine indicating the godliness of a woman. What one "likes" is a matter of subjectivity, as is what's considered "long hair" on a man. It's just that it is uncommon that a woman is naturally bald.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Ive noticed that over the years women dont seem to be able to grow hair like they used to. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I don't know. I can only speak for myself. I thought aging might slow the growth rate, but I haven't noticed any difference. And it's still thick but I really couldn't tell how thick until I ventured to cut it, diy. My arms hurt after so long holding it up to cut and I had to do it in stages, I trusted God to guide my scissors and help me style it so it wouldn't look too much like I did it myself.
It turned out something like this...

Just as I wanted it.