THREAD HOGS

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Senior Member
Nov 24, 2012
30,813
3,693
113
What is a Thread Hog?
Glad you asked.
He is one who jumps into a discussion and instead of discussing, will post 3, 4, 5, maybe 6 posts in a row without any consideration of others and rarely responds.
What is your approach to a T.H.?

thread.jpg
 
I turn them into bacon and eat them for breakfast.

But seriously, they're annoying. Equally annoying are those members who never contribute to discussions but always preach and expect an audience.
 
Those things are wicked creatures. Similar to attention hogs, they post multiple threads in multiple places just to get excessive responses from people as a form of attention. They often copy and paste large chunks of text with a lack of their own interpretation and don't give credit to original authors. I usually just ignore them because if they don't know how to give their own arguments, who am I to really attempt arguing with them? XD
 
I skimmy-scroll right over that stuff.
….^--New term invented by me.

skimmy-scroll means to ignore something as you skim over it by scrolling.

Example of term in use…
"Yeah that user just copied and pasted War and Peace in that thread. I totally skimmy-scrolled it."
 
Ooh, and those people who start threads and then don't even offer a point of discussion or whatever and assume people know what they're asking and then get annoyed/angry when people ask for clarification. They often also talk in riddles. Keep It Simple, Stupid!
 
Ooh, and those people who start threads and then don't even offer a point of discussion or whatever and assume people know what they're talking about? They often also talk in riddles. Keep It Simple, Stupid!
Says the man who lives on the bottom of a globe and doesn't fall off. How do you guys do that? I still can't get a penny to stay on the bottom side of a soccer ball without falling off. :P
 
I turn them into bacon and eat them for breakfast.

But seriously, they're annoying. Equally annoying are those members who never contribute to discussions but always preach and expect an audience.

Tintin, Yes it is quite frustrating having to read like 6 posts in a row from the same person. And as you mentioned, people preach then get infuriated when others disagree with them. THATS why so many threads on here get derailed and sidetracked. :/ Then people lost sight of the OP and argue back and forth about whose advice is right and whose is wrong.
 
Ooh, and those people who start threads and then don't even offer a point of discussion or whatever and assume people know what they're asking and then get annoyed/angry when people ask for clarification. They often also talk in riddles. Keep It Simple, Stupid!
I think the 'speaking in riddles' is hiding their insecurity by pretending they're one up on you by using riddles.
 
Last edited:
Says the man who lives on the bottom of a globe and doesn't fall off. How do you guys do that? I still can't get a penny to stay on the bottom side of a soccer ball without falling off. :P

How do we do it? Easy. We manufacture a special glue made from our most dangerous animals (mainly snakes, spiders and drop bears) and apply it liberally to the bottom of our shoes, feet - anything.
 
I think the 'speaking in riddles' is hiding their insecurity by pretending they're one up one you using riddles.

I don't know if it's insecurity, so much as self-righteousness. Those types do seem to project an air of holier-than-thou-ness.
 
I skimmy-scroll right over that stuff.
….^--New term invented by me.

skimmy-scroll means to ignore something as you skim over it by scrolling.

Example of term in use…
"Yeah that user just copied and pasted War and Peace in that thread. I totally skimmy-scrolled it."
That's what I do but I wonder how many new people get turned off to an otherwise great thread.
 
What is a Thread Hog?
Glad you asked.
He is one who jumps into a discussion and instead of discussing, will post 3, 4, 5, maybe 6 posts in a row without any consideration of others and rarely responds.
What is your approach to a T.H.?

View attachment 84484

I thought they were the guys on Welcome Back Cotter :-)
 
Those things are wicked creatures. Similar to attention hogs, they post multiple threads in multiple places just to get excessive responses from people as a form of attention. They often copy and paste large chunks of text with a lack of their own interpretation and don't give credit to original authors. I usually just ignore them because if they don't know how to give their own arguments, who am I to really attempt arguing with them? XD

Well, Chica,

I think I can usually tell when it is a plagiarized paste. To check it out, I will copy a notable string of improbable words from the paste, then google for that exact string. Voila, it pops up, the site it came from.
 
Haven't the foggiest of what you guys is talking about...........what happened to water baptism?
 
What really gets me is when folks get upset cause I give my opinion............and they scream for Scripture........
 
and, another thing...........when I do give scripture, they rant about not offering my opinion
 
(uh, lessee, ok, that's three........so.......)

And then people will post a thread as the Author asking some "hot button" question without the slightest comment as to their beliefs about it........
 
........and, FINALLY......don't bother responding, cuz I probably won't come back to this thread anyhoo............. :)