Thread Mash-ups

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

I saw that one and thought "Hey I could... No. Nope. Not going there."

I was going to add "I can't wait" below it though.
You are so sympathetic with management and management is irresponsible in not managing this site. What gives? Some scammers and nothing done and management won't respond. Maybe they are involved in stings? You come across as know it all. So you got any answers? Seriously, you and management claim to be 'Christians' but treat others with contempt. So this Juliet84 looks like another setup. Where and what is management up to?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You are so sympathetic with management and management is irresponsible in not managing this site. What gives? Some scammers and nothing done and management won't respond. Maybe they are involved in stings? You come across as know it all. So you got any answers? Seriously, you and management claim to be 'Christians' but treat others with contempt. So this Juliet84 looks like another setup. Where and what is management up to?
This junk again?

*sigh

Okay, one more time:

Management does not get paid. Management has a life. Management does managing in his free time. Give management a break.

Also management can't ban everyone just on the unconfirmed suspicion of anyone. There wouldn't be anybody left. We'd ALL be banned, including management. :p

P

persistent

This junk again?

*sigh

Okay, one more time:

Management does not get paid. Management has a life. Management does managing in his free time. Give management a break.

Also management can't ban everyone just on the unconfirmed suspicion of anyone. There wouldn't be anybody left. We'd ALL be banned, including management. :p
Hard to believe! You say this chat is run without any monetary returns interest? Hard to believe! And how would you know this is fact? And why should I believe someone that comes across as so contemptuous? Don't tell me out of the goodness of the heart? Do we who are on this site ever get any info as to finances which are solicited as donations? Maybe you get kickback?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hard to believe! You say this chat is run without any monetary returns interest? Hard to believe! And how would you know this is fact? And why should I believe someone that comes across as so contemptuous? Don't tell me out of the goodness of the heart? Do we who are on this site ever get any info as to finances which are solicited as donations? Maybe you get kickback?
I don't know what finances are here. I do know management is an unpaid moderator. He moderates this forum in his free time.

I only wish I got a kick back. Even the moderator doesn't get a kickback. He probably wishes he got one too.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Where did this come from? And why on this thread? This is seriously the best Christian site around - I've been banned from others so many times - they truly are run by wokist Nazis. If Trump gets in again, I seriously reckon all those sites will be ducking for legal cover for all their free speech breaches, and deaths due to the Covid vaxx because of their censorship and ban policies etc. And why do you accuse Juliet84 of being a setup?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think we must live in different universes...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Where did this come from? And why on this thread? This is seriously the best Christian site around - I've been banned from others so many times - they truly are run by wokist Nazis. If Trump gets in again, I seriously reckon all those sites will be ducking for legal cover for all their free speech breaches, and deaths due to the Covid vaxx because of their censorship and ban policies etc. And why do you accuse Juliet84 of being a setup?!? :eek::eek::eek:

I gotta hand it to persistent. He chose a very apt nick.

This is a carryover from other threads. persistent has been having a grand old time, running around accusing people of catfishing.

And who knows? He might occasionally be right... Much in the same way that if I throw a thousand darts, I might occasionally hit the dart board. (And that's a fair assessment of my dart throwing ability.) :p

P

persistent

Where did this come from? And why on this thread? This is seriously the best Christian site around - I've been banned from others so many times - they truly are run by wokist Nazis. If Trump gets in again, I seriously reckon all those sites will be ducking for legal cover for all their free speech breaches, and deaths due to the Covid vaxx because of their censorship and ban policies etc. And why do you accuse Juliet84 of being a setup?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Kind of long story so short version. I possibly set myself up for a scam after being on this site around 3 weeks. Never really paid close attention to the warnings. Sort of figured this site associated with Charles Stanley when first here but told otherwise. Never tried any other sites and never bothered with any social media so I was in the dark and still get suspicious after that possible sting.

Talked to my neighbor about it since her kids probably use soc. media and after I reported incident to FBI in event of criminal activity. Agent at Chicago field office took report and said nothing could be done but would file report. So now I still not sure when after that on

4 Oct 2022 I see same avatar and now this Juliet84 looks suspicious and management Lynx tells me is overworked and underpaid but management only comes across as accusative to me and I am suspicious as only Lynx told me of situation and I have no crystal ball telling me who's who and who is trustworthy.

So management calls me stupid! Good Christians? Maybe I was stupid I say but still the nasty way some people are makes me question what each and every person is doing on this site. Particularly since I am also trying to figure out 'Christianity' for about 4 years now. Before coming on this site I watched tv preachers and some internet preachers and listened to recordings of 19th century Spurgeon. Called around the US and talked with some preachers and lay people. In a sense I'm still at square one.

Management won't respond and my only understanding is to gradually get familiar with some on this site. But that is taking time since my whole life was very anti-religious and now, I am learning that "Christianity' is fragmented and hostile in itself and this is Biblically prophesied. it seems. So that complicates matters further.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Kind of long story so short version. I possibly set myself up for a scam after being on this site around 3 weeks. Never really paid close attention to the warnings. Sort of figured this site associated with Charles Stanley when first here but told otherwise. Never tried any other sites and never bothered with any social media so I was in the dark and still get suspicious after that possible sting.

Talked to my neighbor about it since her kids probably use soc. media and after I reported incident to FBI in event of criminal activity. Agent at Chicago field office took report and said nothing could be done but would file report. So now I still not sure when after that on

4 Oct 2022 I see same avatar and now this Juliet84 looks suspicious and management Lynx tells me is overworked and underpaid but management only comes across as accusative to me and I am suspicious as only Lynx told me of situation and I have no crystal ball telling me who's who and who is trustworthy.

So management calls me stupid! Good Christians? Maybe I was stupid I say but still the nasty way some people are makes me question what each and every person is doing on this site. Particularly since I am also trying to figure out 'Christianity' for about 4 years now. Before coming on this site I watched tv preachers and some internet preachers and listened to recordings of 19th century Spurgeon. Called around the US and talked with some preachers and lay people. In a sense I'm still at square one.

Management won't respond and my only understanding is to gradually get familiar with some on this site. But that is taking time since my whole life was very anti-religious and now, I am learning that "Christianity' is fragmented and hostile in itself and this is Biblically prophesied. it seems. So that complicates matters further.
1: When did a moderator or admin (management) call you stupid? Link to the post where this happened, please.

2: Just because you got stung doesn't mean everyone carries a stinger, and running around accusing everyone of trying to sting people just gets annoying.

3: If management is no longer replying to you, that's better than banning you. You have accused the owner and admin of many things. Some forums would have banned you long, long ago. Personally I'm impressed with "management's" forebearance with you.

P

persistent

1: When did a moderator or admin (management) call you stupid? Link to the post where this happened, please.

2: Just because you got stung doesn't mean everyone carries a stinger, and running around accusing everyone of trying to sting people just gets annoying.

3: If management is no longer replying to you, that's better than banning you. You have accused the owner and admin of many things. Some forums would have banned you long, long ago. Personally I'm impressed with "management's" forebearance with you.
You keep sounding like one of these nasty people. The stupid remark was on the message board. You have no insight or discretion like some others that like to be accusative you probably thrive on self-righteousness. Management could possibly have informed me when I first messaged them which you certainly were not aware of I now assume. Did they respond? No, but shortly called me stupid. And maybe it was out of my own ignorance of soc. med. but that doesn't mean their response or yours is valid or appropriate.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

Sorry to hear, friend. A good rule of thumb is not to trust anyone until you get to know them. Remember, the price of freedom is constant vigilance.

Lots of wolves in sheep's clothing pretending to be Christians. Not saying the management - definitely not - I love how they support free speech, which is essential for freedom.

But I find people who are looking for money usually get to the point very quickly. And if you don't offer them anything, they go away - no real harm done. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You keep sounding like one of these nasty people. The stupid remark was on the message board. You have no insight or discretion like some others that like to be accusative you probably thrive on self-righteousness. Management could possibly have informed me when I first messaged them which you certainly were not aware of I now assume. Did they respond? No, but shortly called me stupid. And maybe it was out of my own ignorance of soc. med. but that doesn't mean their response or yours is valid or appropriate.
Here are three theories about your current object of complaint:

1: Juliet is exactly what she appears to be.

2: Juliet is an old lady who never marrried, one who sits in her house all day and gets bored and lonely, so she makes a fantasy life on a forum.

3: Juliet is a secondary account for a moderator, trying to flush out guys who are perverts. (Actually I've thought about doing this sometimes, but never have actually tried it. I flatter myself that I could be a very convincing flirt on a forum, and draw out the perverts quite well. I'm probably wrong about my own ability though.)

I have no idea if any theory of the three is correct, but I give them them to demonstrate possibilities.

P

persistent

Here are three theories about your current object of complaint:

1: Juliet is exactly what she appears to be.

2: Juliet is an old lady who never marrried, one who sits in her house all day and gets bored and lonely, so she makes a fantasy life on a forum.

3: Juliet is a secondary account for a moderator, trying to flush out guys who are perverts. (Actually I've thought about doing this sometimes, but never have actually tried it. I flatter myself that I could be a very convincing flirt on a forum, and draw out the perverts quite well. I'm probably wrong about my own ability though.)

I have no idea if any theory of the three is correct, but I give them them to demonstrate possibilities.
Now that is helpful and thnx.