Three Days and Three Nights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2018
Good Friday was made up by a Roman Catholic Pope.
Modern interpreters of the Bible make Jesus Christ a liar.
They say Jesus was crucified on Good Friday, buried about sundown the same day,
and arose on the next Sunday about daybreak in contradiction to the Scriptures!
Any schoolboy knows that this is only two nights and one day.
If He were crucified on Good Friday and arose on Sunday morning as they say,
then He did not literally fulfill the sign of Jonah.
If He did not fulfill this sign as He promised the Jews,
then He was an impostor and not the Messiah!
In other words, Jesus Christ lied to the Jews about His burial and Resurrection.
If the Good Friday theory is correct as some teach, then the Bible contains “highly figurative language”
which requires a human interpreter to tell people what the verses really mean.
By this same liberal method of interpreting the Scriptures
you can destroy every basic doctrine in the Bible.
I do not care very much for what scholars say! But I am greatly concerned about not accusing my Lord of lying!
Jesus Christ plainly said He would be in the grave “three days and three nights”.
He emphatically declared He would rise again “after three days”.
He could not lie!
The truths are: Jesus Christ was crucified on Wednesday afternoon.
Thursday was a mid-week Sabbath for the Passover.
He was raised from death on Saturday at sundown, so the Easter Sunrise Services are wrong.

When in human history has the majority ever been right?

***The above was mostly written by a deceased Baptist pastor ( a small part of his sermon). More information about Passion Week is at https://www.box.com/s/f3bcb04b37dc6d06282e
Note: The "1--" and "2--" items are what I considered the best.

L

LPT

trying to get the Julian calandar to line up with the Hebrew calander what in the world has this world come too.

14th Nisan/Abib it is what it is, let a sleeping dog lay.

L

LPT

If a person dies at 12pm on a Tuesday and is buried on Friday 12pm, how many days up to point of burial,

1. 4
2. 3

Arrg I sliced it.

Oct 24, 2018
trying to get the Julian calandar to line up with the Hebrew calander what in the world has this world come too.

14th Nisan/Abib it is what it is, let a sleeping dog lay.

***Check the items in my collection about Passion Week for easier to understand spiritual essays. All free to download and share. I was threatened by a pastor when I shared the paper by the deceased Baptist Pastor "Three Days and Three Nights". He said that if I shared anymore about such against the Good Friday Tradition, that he would call the German police to take me out of his church and arrest me.

Mar 28, 2016
This is not a parable. It was a prophecy from Jesus referring to a historical event.

To me you are doing rabbinical hair splitting. I use the KISS method. (Keep It Simple Stupid) I worked in electronics and software for 40 years. That was the watchword for both disciplines. I go by the plain wording in the Bible. Not trying to find hidden meanings. The original languages of the Bible are Hebrew, Aramaic, and koine Judeo Greek. Judeo Greek is what the New Testament is written in. When Jews use a language other than Hebrew they bring the Hebrew concepts and phrases with them and that is what the form of Greek the New Testament was written in. Yiddish is Judeo German. Everywhere the Jews go they modify the language that way.
I think searching as for silver or gold in the parables for the hidden manna its more than a personal bias.

When I first starting reading scripture it seemed like mysteries were popping up where ever I read ...until I did learn how to search. Not making any claims to fame but more of a personal thing. I am not the standard every one must be convinced in there own minds.

Not a salvation thing but I would say more of how can we hear Christ reveal his hidden spiritual understanding ,seeing without parable as the poetic language of God he spoke not.

Mark 4:11And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

The apostles in Luke 9 kept it simply. When Christ offered a parable and they did not understand they pretended Christ left the room and played "whose the greatest".

Christ rebuked hem and said you know not what manner of spirit you are of. They were not walking by faith the unseen understanding but were rather walking by sight after what the eyes see a literal understanding(no faith)

There are many historical true parables of actual events used as a parable. The period of Kings in Israel is a historically true parable for the time then present . As well as the time of Egypt or Enoch disappearing or Elijah. Samson is used in parable as well as Gideon or Moses and Aaron.We must search for the spiritual understanding to show the gospel of Christ, suffering before hand and the glory that did follow .

I would suggest don't be afraid to search them out . It is a fact that Christ used the parable of Jonas to help aid the parable in the garden show us we do need to search out the spiritual understanding, comparing the spiritual understanding in Jonas to places in the new testament that do witness to the garden demonstration as to its hidden understanding or faith to faith. And not the letter as that seen the literal to the literal .

The language of the Bible seems more signified than literal . The Book of revelation is introduced as signified language, as the tongue used in parables.

In order to find the spiritual understanding of the metaphor "belly of the whale" we must compare it to the "heart of the earth" metaphor seeing they are both saying the same thing . They both are experiencing a living hell as unto death but not dead .Both were delivered by crying out for mercy. Both recognize the living suffering of one experiencing the pangs of hell a great near death tribulation

Mar 28, 2016
KISS you can't try and line up the Julian calander with the Hebrew calander by saying it was Wednesday like you have done. Sorry starkist you would have to try and subtract or add back all the adjustments to both calanders have done over the last sum 2000 years, to see if Wednesday was the actual Julian calander day that equaled to the 14th Abib in the year on the Hebrew calendar.
I don't think it takes a julian callender to subtract three 12 hour days and three 12 hours of night to equal 1 full day from Sunday and not Sunday night . The demonstration "the heart of the earth" of suffering begins in the garden on Wednesday when the father began to pour out the cup of wrath on the Son .

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me

Nov 23, 2013
I don't think it takes a julian callender to subtract three 12 hour days and three 12 hours of night to equal 1 full day from Sunday and not Sunday night . The demonstration "the heart of the earth" of suffering begins in the garden on Wednesday when the father began to pour out the cup of wrath on the Son .

Matthew 26:38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me
Are you saying the heart of the earth is not really the heart of the earth, it’s the garden?

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
KISS you can't try and line up the Julian calander with the Hebrew calander by saying it was Wednesday like you have done. Sorry starkist you would have to try and subtract or add back all the adjustments to both calanders have done over the last sum 2000 years, to see if Wednesday was the actual Julian calander day that equaled to the 14th Abib in the year on the Hebrew calander.
You are exposing your ignorance. I was using the modern English language names for the days of the week oh ignorant one. Please explain to me how the number of the days of the week has changed since Genesis 1. If I remember correctly that never changed since God did creation in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Start explaining away!!

L

LPT

Does 14th Abib always fall on a Wednesday? if you believe so than how do you know sum 2000yrs ago it was on a Wednesday, that is what I would like to know how people come to that notion. there's no other way but to look at the Julian calander and the Hebrew calander together, because Wednesday is not in the bible nor on a Hebrew calander but the 14th Abib/Nisan Is.

L

LPT

You are exposing your ignorance. I was using the modern English language names for the days of the week oh ignorant one. Please explain to me how the number of the days of the week has changed since Genesis 1. If I remember correctly that never changed since God did creation in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Start explaining away!!
Your ignoring the fact that those modern day names repeat every week no so in the hebrew calander. look up the days of 14th Abib and tell me what days that day 14th Abib fell on in the Julian calander the last 11 passovers? your stuck in modern times.

you sure love the smirk calling don't you? it's pretty obvious.

L

LPT

The last 14th Abib 2018 was equal to a Saturday on a Julian calander.

L

LPT

2017 a Friday, 2016 a Thursday, 2015 a Tuesday

L

LPT

But people will contest that sum 2000 yrs ago the 14th Abib Passover was on a Julian day called Wednesday. me o my...

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Does 14th Abib always fall on a Wednesday? if you believe so than how do you know sum 2000yrs ago it was on a Wednesday, that is what I would like to know how people come to that notion. there's no other way but to look at the Julian calander and the Hebrew calander together, because Wednesday is not in the bible nor on a Hebrew calander but the 14th Abib/Nisan Is.
There you go spouting ignorance. I used the modern names of the days of the week to allow today's English speaking people to understand. Did you bother to read what I stated. There are weekly Sabbaths and yearly Sabbaths. First, Passover week is tied to the Jewish calander. Therefore it floats around on our current calander. The first and last day of Passover are annual Sabbaths. Jesus was crucified during Passover.

Second, the day after the crucifixion was a Sabbath and one of the gospels states it was the Feast of the Unleavened Bread, an annual Sabbath.

Is this plain enough for you. I just used the Bible in this and my previous post. You have to quibble over meaningless items that change nothing!!

L

LPT

So what? Quibble quibble quibble!!!
The name of the day not the date foolish one!!!
And you ought to read the bible the 14th Abib is the date for the Passover period.
You need not to look at your goddess days.

L

LPT

There you go spouting ignorance. I used the modern names of the days of the week to allow today's English speaking people to understand. Did you bother to read what I stated. There are weekly Sabbaths and yearly Sabbaths. First, Passover week is tied to the Jewish calander. Therefore it floats around on our current calander. The first and last day of Passover are annual Sabbaths. Jesus was crucified during Passover.

Second, the day after the crucifixion was a Sabbath and one of the gospels states it was the Feast of the Unleavened Bread, an annual Sabbath.

Is this plain enough for you. I just used the Bible in this and my previous post. You have to quibble over meaningless items that change nothing!!

Yup the 14th Abib and 15th Abib respectively, not Wednesday or Tuesday or Friday.

Leviticus 23

Feasts of the Lord
(Exodus 23:14-19)

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

3Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

The Passover Feast
(Exodus 12:14-28; Numbers 28:16-25; Deuteronomy 16:1-8)

4These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. 6And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

The Feast of Firstfruits
9And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 10Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD. 13And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin. 14And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

The Feast of Pentecost
15And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. 17Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD. 18And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. 19Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings. 20And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. 21And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

22And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

The Feast of Trumpets
(Numbers 29:1-6)

23And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

The Day of Atonement
(Numbers 29:7-11)

26And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 27Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. 28And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. 29For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. 30And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. 31Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 32It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

The Feast of Booths
(Nehemiah 8:13-18)

33And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 34Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD. 35On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 36Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein.

37These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.

39Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. 40And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. 41And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. 42Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: 43That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. 44And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

Mar 28, 2016
Hi thanks for the reply.

I think Sunday always falls on Sunday... three days and nights before.... Wednesday they fall on that day . I am not looking for number days but word days.

It seem you have a good understanding of the Julian calander and the Hebrew calander.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Your ignoring the fact that those modern day names repeat every week no so in the hebrew calander. look up the days of 14th Abib and tell me what days that day 14th Abib fell on in the Julian calander the last 11 passovers? your stuck in modern times.

you sure love the smirk calling don't you? it's pretty obvious.
Looks like you need a refresher in Israeli calander.

Calendar for April 2018 (Israel)
April
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 Nisan 16
to
15 Nissan 30

16 Iyar 1
to
30 Iyar 15

Phases of the Moon: 8:3Q 16:N 23:1Q 30:F
Holidays and Observances: 1: Pesach II (Passover), 2: Pesach III (Passover),
3: Pesach IV (Passover), 4: Pesach V (Passover), 5: Pesach VI (Passover),
6: Pesach VII (Last day of Passover), 12: Yom HaShoah/Holocaust Memorial Day,
18: Yom HaZikaron (Memorial Day), 19: Yom HaAtzmaut (Independence Day)