Three Days and Three Nights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
garee,
re: "The three days three nights. . with three representing the end of the matter began in the garden."

That would be an issue for a different topic. Maybe you can start one. This one is only concerned with anyone who thinks the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,
re: "You asked and I answered."

And your answer was: "Its not lacking a night..." However, the topic is intended for anyone who says that there is a lack of a third night and tries to explain it by saying that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language of the period.

re: "... what day do you believe Jesus died.."

That's an issue for a different topic. This one is concerned with one issue and only one issue, i.e., the issue of the commonality of forecasting or saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.
This could be answered directly if u know the time jesus died and rose from the dead.did he rose part of the third day or part of the 4thday .

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "This could be answered directly if u know the time jesus died and rose from the dead.did he rose part of the third day or part of the 4thday ."

That has nothing to do with showing examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. That is the only thing with which this topic is concerned.

Mar 28, 2016
garee,
re: "The three days three nights. . with three representing the end of the matter began in the garden."

That would be an issue for a different topic. Maybe you can start one. This one is only concerned with anyone who thinks the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.
It is part of the description. The garden and cross are the other two.The tomb is the last

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,
re: "This could be answered directly if u know the time jesus died and rose from the dead.did he rose part of the third day or part of the 4thday ."

That has nothing to do with showing examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur. That is the only thing with which this topic is concerned.
Oh it does...did jonah know what day when he was in the belly...no daylight inside the belly of the fish...
Coz you are looking but not hearing...

You are basing your question on what.
.three days three nights of what? Are you talking about Jesus death and Resurrection?...

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
garee,
re: "It is part of the description. The garden and cross are the other two.The tomb is the last"

Your idea that the count starts in the garden is an issue for a different topic. Again, this topic is only concerned with anyone who thinks that the three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcger2013,
re: "You are basing your question on what."

OK, let me repeat once again:

The Messiah said that He would be three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth"

There are those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with the resurrection taking place on the 1st day of the week.

Of those, there are some who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.

A 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection allows for only 2 nights to be involved.

To account for the lack of a 3rd night, there may be some of those mentioned above who say that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language.

I simply wonder if anyone who falls in that group of believers could provide examples to support that belief; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime and/or no part of a night time could have occurred.

So again, the topic request for examples is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

re: "Are you talking about Jesus death and Resurrection?..."

No, at least not for the purpose of this topic.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcger2013,
re: "You are basing your question on what."

OK, let me repeat once again:

The Messiah said that He would be three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth"

There are those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with the resurrection taking place on the 1st day of the week.

Of those, there are some who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.

A 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection allows for only 2 nights to be involved.

To account for the lack of a 3rd night, there may be some of those mentioned above who say that the Messiah was employing common figure of speech/colloquial language.

I simply wonder if anyone who falls in that group of believers could provide examples to support that belief; i.e., instances where a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime and/or no part of a night time could have occurred.

So again, the topic request for examples is with regard to the commonality of forecasting a daytime or a night time when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

re: "Are you talking about Jesus death and Resurrection?..."

No, at least not for the purpose of this topic.
to understand that is to verify the fulfilment of that prophecy...whether Jesus count the part as day/night.

Jun 10, 2019
JamOn,
re: "I have not met anyone who thinks that..."

Since I assume you include yourself in "anyone", this topic does not apply to you.

re: "...nor do I see any posting on a sabbath burial."

Where have I said anything about a 7th day of the week burial?

re: "If you know somone or a site that preaches that..."

I don't.
If I miss quoted you I apologize I thought you meant a Saturday burial my bust

But who are these people who believe what you say you got a web site or a church or something because I’ve tried a search and haven’t found much on that.

Jun 10, 2019
I think what matters is people believe Jesus died on the cross for the atonement of sins, to trace backwards to the proper day is quite hard thing to do. the two calendars don’t quite line up. I don’t think God is concerned on rather we know exactly what day it fell on, this year the 14th Nisan falls on a Tuesday

Mar 28, 2016
garee,
re: "It is part of the description. The garden and cross are the other two.The tomb is the last"

Your idea that the count starts in the garden is an issue for a different topic. Again, this topic is only concerned with anyone who thinks that the three days and three nights in the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb.
By pass the cross timing ?

Heart of the earth must first be defined. It does not mean burial .Its a living work.

Heart of the earth is the suffering of mankind. literally called hell. The three days is not limited to the tomb experience. It began in the garden .

Remember when comparing the unseen spiritual understanding to the same. Both parables must come to the same conclusion (2 Cor 2.

Belly of the whale and heart of the earth both equal by reason of a living suffering. It could of been demonstrated in one. Three is used to represent the end of the matter. Four used to represent the time of testing was used with Lazarus.

Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

The son of man fulfilled the last sign as a wonder.

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet

No signs or literal marks after that.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,
re: "to understand that is to verify the fulfilment of that prophecy...whether Jesus count the part as day/night."

That's an issue for a different topic. This topic is only concerned with one particular issue, i.e., the issue of the commonality of forecasting or saying that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JamOn,
re: "But who are these people who believe what you say..."

Anyone who believes that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with a 1st day of the week resurrection, and who thinks the "heart of the earth" refers to the tomb (which I think is the general belief of the Catholic Church and many protestant churches) and who tries to explain the lack of a 3rd night in the tomb - which would be the case with a 6th day of the week/1st day of the week resurrection - by suggesting that the Messiah was using a common, of the period, figure of speech.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
JamOn,
re: "I think what matters is people believe Jesus died on the cross for the atonement of sins..."

It does, but not for the purpose of this topic.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
garee,
re: "By pass the cross timing ?"

I don't understand what that means.

re: "Heart of the earth must first be defined."

For the purpose of this topic I defined it for you in post #931, i.e., "....there are some who think that the 'heart of the earth' is referring to the tomb".

re: "The three days is not limited to the tomb experience."

For the purpose of this topic, it is.

Mar 28, 2016
garee,
re: "By pass the cross timing ?"

I don't understand what that means.

re: "Heart of the earth must first be defined."

For the purpose of this topic I defined it for you in post #931, i.e., "....there are some who think that the 'heart of the earth' is referring to the tomb".

re: "The three days is not limited to the tomb experience."

For the purpose of this topic, it is.
I hear you. Sorry.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
garee,
re: "I hear you. Sorry."

No problem. Perhaps someone new looking in may know of examples.

rstrats

Aug 28, 2011
watcher2013,

I don't see where the video provides examples to show that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.

watcher2013

Aug 6, 2013
watcher2013,

I don't see where the video provides examples to show that it was common to forecast or say that a daytime or a night time would be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could occur.
No it did not...it shows whatever your interpretAtion of that sign...you will still end up counting part day/part night. Cos Jesus have risen early in the morning.