Three Events in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I can't remember if I've posted a thread like this before. Probably, but since I can't remember I know it's been a while so I'm going to go ahead and do it. :) I'm posting it in the Singles forum and not the Bible Discussion Forum for...reasons.

If you could choose 3 events/stories in the Bible to witness, what would they be and why?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I would be there when they brought the woman caught in adultery. I would like to see what Jesus wrote on the ground. My guess is He wrote, "Where is the man?" Takes two to tango y'know, and they didn't bring the man.

I would be in the middle of the Red Sea when it was parted... just so I could do some fishing from the side instead of from above the fish, just so I could see what it's like.

I would be in the procession when David brought the Ark back home. I don't think he was dancing just for a show, he was HAPPY! I'd like to see that kind of joy.

Aug 2, 2009
All the bible events are pretty scary. The only one I think I'd want to see is the birth of Jesus (not the actual birth of course).

T

Tintin

1) The creation of the world, once the land had been established (creation of animals etc.).

2) The period after the Flood waters retreated and the world was reestablished by Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives. That would have been absolutely fascinating.

3) Moses parting the Red Sea. It would be a scary moment but an absolutely breathtaking display of God preparing the way for His people.

Last edited by a moderator:

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Only three??

1. God forming Adam and Eve.
2. The announcement of the birth of Jesus by the angels.
3. The Ascension.

hoss2576

May 10, 2014
1) Be there with Paul and Silas in prison. To see them there still having their joy in the depths of prison.

2) The kid in me still wants to see the battle between David and Goliath.

3) I would also just be excited to watch the showdown between Elijah and the prophets of Baal.

K

Kaycie

I would have liked to be there with Moses at the burning bush and take off my shoes too. Because I'd like to hear God's voice and be in His presence, and fall to my knees to worship Him.

I would have liked to be at the temple with Anna and hold baby Jesus. Just for the wonder of it. To look into His eyes, smell that new baby smell, and fathom the importance of all that He would do in His life.

I would have liked to be within arms reach of Jesus and physically hear Him teach. Why I can't put into words.

I would have liked to be there when Joseph revealed to his brothers who he was and that he forgives them for all the betrayal and the domino effects of it. Because I have that in common with him.

I would love to hear David play his song to bring peace to my soul.

I would have liked to be there when Ruth told Naomi that she would stay with her, that her people will be her people and her God would be her God. Because I relate to not caring about my physical genealogy, I am God's people and belong with God's people- they are my family, whom I will be with now and for all eternity. That's where I belong.

I wish I were Ruth and my soulmate was Boaz and we met just as they did. I would love to humbly lay at his feet in expectation of his mercy.

I could go on, but I know I already went further than I was supposed to.

S

Shouryu

Hoss picked some pretty good ones.

1. Easiest one for me - 2 Chronicles 20, when Jehoshaphat sends his musicians to the front line to sing praise, and God fights the battle for him.

2. Elijah's rapture. Chariot of fire? Yes, please.

3. Joshua's military campaign in general. His warpath through Canaan was flat out amazing, which was of course, only because he had Yahweh on his side.

Sep 6, 2013
1) The creation of the world, once the land had been established (creation of animals etc.).

2) The period after the Flood waters retreated and the world was reestablished by Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives. That would have been absolutely fascinating.

3) Moses parting the Red Sea. It would be a scary moment but an absolutely breathtaking display of God preparing the way for His people.
I don't think I could beat Tintin's answers as far as fascinating and amazing things to witness from the Bible.

Others: The Ascension would also be amazing. The moment the veil was torn in the Holy of Holies as Christ took on the sins of the world. Moses' brilliantly glowing face when coming down the mountain after speaking with the Lord.

T

Tintin

I don't think I could beat Tintin's answers as far as fascinating and amazing things to witness from the Bible.

Others: The Ascension would also be amazing. The moment the veil was torn in the Holy of Holies as Christ took on the sins of the world. Moses' brilliantly glowing face when coming down the mountain after speaking with the Lord.
Thanks, Grace! Haha! Mine are all from the OT. The Ascension would be brilliant but I would probably find watching Jesus ascending would make my neck sore.

May 3, 2013
As for singleness, I walk talk about Samson. His lesson is "clear" to point out when a person choose "wrong" to be married.

For old-single ones I like Ruth and Booz. She steped up first (very courageously) and there I´ve seen the importance of working things economically first, before thinking about marriage.

And for those who are married but singled (childless) I´d like to compare the story of Ann and Elcana (Samuel´s parents) to John´s parents... I´ve seen people who were childless for more than 14 and God has blessed them beyond measure.

:O

G

Gandalf

When Abba Father blowed into the nostrils of Adam.

Yeshua’s life

Solomon’s temple

S

Shouryu

Solomon’s temple
I'm not sure that someone's forehead really qualifies as an 'event.'

*runs away before everyone starts throwing tomatoes*

G

Gandalf

I'm not sure that someone's forehead really qualifies as an 'event.'

*runs away before everyone starts throwing tomatoes*
I actually though that it was witty and funny… :) but now my picture of Solomon's temple is blurry and confused :(

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
1. The Ten Plagues, because my own personal title for that sequence of events has always been, "God Kicks Butt." Granted, I'd be so scared that I might have a heart attack before the first plague ended, but there is something about the sheer power of God, in action, that fascinates me.

2. The parting of the Red Sea, as many have mentioned. I've also been fascinated by this since childhood, and was amazed when I read the actual story itself (unlike what Hollywood portrays, the waters did NOT stand on end instantly. The Bible says God blew them back all night long with a wind.) And of course, something I loved from "The Prince of Egypt" even though the movie wasn't accurate is the thought that maybe the people saw amazing, never-seen-before sea creatures as they walked past the walls of water.

3. I know this isn't an event in the Bible per se, but something I look forward to most is that in heaven, I just hope God will teach and show me everything forever. I want to see and know about everything, such as, what gave God the idea for... well, just everything. Lord, what made you think of hammerhead sharks? Rattlesnakes? Polar bears? What made you decide to make such different regions and types of weather and such unique vegetation and animals for every single one? I am amazed by how different the landscapes can look even just a hundred miles away from each other, or how two places 3,000 miles apart can look almost exactly the same. I want to know about it all.

And what about things like blood types? Recessive genes? Viruses and bacteria? Mitochondria? Why does the universe have black holes? And God, how do you feel about... (you name it, I want to know.) The biggest craving of my soul is to know the "Why" and "How"... for just about everything.

I'm glad heaven is forever, because I have so many questions and need so much help in understanding, I'm sure it will take that long... and then some.

Aug 2, 2009
When Jesus saved the adultress woman from stoning.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." - John 8:7 NASB

When Jesus healed the man on the sabbath.

When Jesus fed the 5,000 with 5 loaves of bread and two fishes

When manna fell from heaven

When the Holy Spirit descended upon Jesus when he was baptized in the Jordan

Last edited:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I'm glad heaven is forever, because I have so many questions and need so much help in understanding, I'm sure it will take that long... and then some.
Gotta beat Lynx to posting the appropriate song here:

[video=youtube_share;rDrNroBGHE4]http://youtu.be/rDrNroBGHE4[/video]

Ok now for my 3. Tough choices.

1) Maybe it's masochistic of me, but I'd want to see the garden of Eden. Seeing how awesome it was before humanity lost it (and I'd want to see something pre- flood just to see how different the world was then)

2) I'd like to be there to hear God speak the ten commandments from the mountain to the people. Just to hear God's audible voice (and yes I expect to be terrified enough that I'd ask to be allowed to pack a change of undies before going to witness it)

3) Can I do a 2 month trip from like Palm Sunday to Pentecost? To live it with the people who didn't know how things were going to go and hear them try to process their way through it and all the emotional ups and downs and craziness of it. As well as to see how Jesus faced it all and hear him give all these kind of final teachings. And then see the Holy Spirit come and start something awesome. Yeah that would be emotionally draining but awesome.

Dec 18, 2013
1. The birth of baby Jesus because even the idea of the baby Jesus is about all that brings me much peace anymore.

2. The crucifixion of Jesus because it is all of our fault this happened.

3. The resurrection of Jesus because therein is our only hope.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Actually I had a different song in mind...

"I wish I could have been there
To see the thousands fed
With just two fishes and bread
And see the little boy packing up the rest
I wish I could have been there
To see the lame that could leap
And hear the dumb that could speak
And see the multitude of people Jesus blessed
I wish I could have seen the stone Jesus rolled back that day
I'd like to look inside and see where the graveclothes lay
I didn't see but I believe that He ascended in the air
And I really wish I could have been theeeeeeeere"