Throughout time people are Saved by Grace alone, through Faith alone, In Christ alone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2011
Do you just ignor scripture? Thats not what Gal 2:16 says!
Gal 2:16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that [ with the result that ] we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

We are justified by the faith of Christ when we believe.

F

Forest

Gal 2:16) Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that [with the result that] we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Salvation comes after we believe, Forest.
We are justified by Christ's faith first, then when we understand and believe that we were justified by Christ, we are saved, not eternally,but from depending upon the works of the law. thats called a timely salvation when we believe in what Christ did for us. Eternal salvation is Christ's faith in accomplishing the work of his Father on the cross. So, in this scripture we have an example of eternal salvation and timely salvation. Do you not see that God gets all of the credit for our eternal salvation and not man. You are doing your best to make the scriptures read so that they give you credit for your eternal salvation and not God. Don't you know that God is a jealous God?

Apr 13, 2011
We are justified by Christ's faith first, then when we understand and believe that we were justified by Christ, we are saved, not eternally,but from depending upon the works of the law. thats called a timely salvation when we believe in what Christ did for us. Eternal salvation is Christ's faith in accomplishing the work of his Father on the cross. So, in this scripture we have an example of eternal salvation and timely salvation. Do you not see that God gets all of the credit for our eternal salvation and not man. You are doing your best to make the scriptures read so that they give you credit for your eternal salvation and not God. Don't you know that God is a jealous God?
Believers do not want or take "credit". They are only doing what God's word tells us to: to receive salvation we have to believe. First.

F

Forest

Dear Forest:
I am not reprimanding AnandaHya. Again someone falsely accuses me of something I'm not doing. And there is no contradiction. Do you say "faith alone"? Which Scripture uses the words "faith alone"? If you check the Bible, you'll find the only place those words are used is in James 2:24. What do you say, now, then? In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
Eph 2:8-9, For by grace are ye saved through faith (this faith is refering to Christ's faith and not ours, Gal 2:16); and that not of ourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS, unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Yes, faith without works is dead, but even our good works were created in Christ Jesus. Heb 13:21, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight. You see, God gets all of the credit for our eternal salvation and even our good works and man gets no credit at all! Do you boast of your good works?

F

Forest

how about this

I was taught by God alone, through His Holy Bible alone, with the Holy Spirit speaking alone in my heart.

any contradictions there?

prepositions aren't they lovely?

God created the Bible.

Grace creates Faith.

you are saved By Grace THROUGH faith, which places you IN Christ. Alone.
If we do not identify whose faith we are saved through, it can cause you problems later. We are saved by grace through (Christ's faith, Gal 2:16) and that not of ourselves, lest any man should boast. Our spiritual faith can be the cause of us experiencing many deliverances while we live here in this world, but it plays no part in the cause of our eternal salvation.

F

Forest

Salvation is when you have the Holy Spirit within you that allows you to cry out Abba, Father.

until that happens you are not saved.

If you don't have a relationship with your Heavenly Father....truthfully that thought is just too weird for words.

not sure what you are asking so its kind of hard to answer.

I believe that God chastens and scourges every one of His children and if you have not felt the correcting rod of God then you are either not one of His children or you are illegimate, which means you are not a child of the free woman but of the bondservant. you do not inherit the promise of salvation with Isaac but the chains of Ishmael.
I appreciate yhour views on God's chastenings. Whom the Lord chastens he loves and scourgest every son whom he receiveth. If God chastens all those that he loves, then it would be assumed that he does not love those that he does not chasten. Ps 73:5, They are not in trouble as other men;l neither are they plagued (divinley punished) like other men. Job 21:9, Their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God upon them. We then can conclude that God does not love all mankind.

A

AnandaHya

If we do not identify whose faith we are saved through, it can cause you problems later. We are saved by grace through (Christ's faith, Gal 2:16) and that not of ourselves, lest any man should boast. Our spiritual faith can be the cause of us experiencing many deliverances while we live here in this world, but it plays no part in the cause of our eternal salvation.
I think we are at a disagreement.

what you refer to as Christ's faith is what justifies people. It is Christ faithfulness that righteousness is imputed to people and the remission of sins was achieved by His death and resurrection. true without this no one could be saved.

I believe it has to be individual faith in Jesus that saves. People must have spiritual faith or they will not be saved in this world or the world to come.

However individual's spiritual faith is a gift of God by His grace and everyone is given the different amount of faith in different measures. It is like the parable of the talents. You are entrusted with a certain amount, will you make it grow or hide it in the ground out of fear?

Salvation is more then justification, it is also sanctification. Both are works of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers. if you are not chastens by God then you are not adopted children.

I think the difference is that we do not agree on the point of who Jesus died for: the whole world or just a select few. In addition I believe we don't agree what is needed for salvation either.

Do you believe someone can be saved without being sanctified?

R

RachelBibleStudent

Shroom, do you believe in regeneration as well as conversion? Regeneration always comes before conversion.
i think regeneration and conversion happen at the same time...the moment i became a christian i was born again...