Time change to Daylight saving time

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Coll2-8

Well-known member
Aug 29, 2024
186
250
63
I really don’t like this twice-a-year time change at all. And switching to “daylight saving time” in particular always gives me a hard time. I already struggle enough with my sleep schedule and getting the sleep I need, and then to lose another hour, as it was the case again today. And then I often don’t even realize the clocks have changed, just like I didn’t today. Modern clocks adjust automatically, but somehow you have to make up for that missing hour, which I just can't seem to do.

Apart from that, daylight saving time doesn’t make any sense anyway. Why would you want to extend the evening by an extra hour in the summer, when it’s already light out much longer? And the further north you live, the less sense it makes, because the sun barely sets, or doesn’t set at all, and it’s practically “daytime” all the time.

All in all, this stupid daylight saving time is just another useless invention by politicians that only causes confusion and nothing else.

What do you think about it? Does it not bother you, or do you actually like this time change?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tazzo
I wonder if there is some person who actually likes it..? What would they get out of it? Other than one hour of more light in the evening, and yet some talk about that in Finland.. I think we have enough light in summer time.

I don't like moving the clocks(time) either!

They say it is for evenings now (spring) and even more for later in the summer/autumn.. I rather take my one hour of sleep in that one day (and not messing my "own clock" for few days) than one hour of more sun in the evenings in autumn. And when autumn comes, nowadays we have so many light sources to choose from!
Even tho I have to wake up at different time every week.. but it still bugs me to switch the time.

I still have few old school clocks, and definitely forget to turn some of those.. then I think it is only 7pm when it is 8pm and soon I should be heading to bed already...


Wasn't there supposed to be EU decision to quit daylight saving in EU? And every country could decide whether they wanted to stay on the summer time or in the winter time.. or was is supposed to be unanimous decision. 🤔
Ooh, the debate in here which time would be better...
 
  • Love
Reactions: Coll2-8
Not keen on it
Apparently was for farmers milking their cows in the dark or something.

I don't understand it, if we move one hour forward in spring and one hour backward in autumn, whether it should make any difference when we could just compromise and move half an hour

Do people who live near the equator have this problem? Does Israel have it?
 
Time travelling is what I like to do, like turning back time and ending up in ...30 AD or something. Or the year 1 would be cool.
Apparently according to Hebrew calendar, it is...the year 5786
 
Wasn't there supposed to be EU decision to quit daylight saving in EU? And every country could decide whether they wanted to stay on the summer time or in the winter time.. or was is supposed to be unanimous decision. 🤔
Ooh, the debate in here which time would be better...
Yes, there was once an online poll about this in the EU, but it wasn’t binding or official. Anyone could participate, almost like a poll here on the forum. Participation varied widely, and if I recall correctly, over half of the participants were from Germany. And as you mentioned, the question now is whether to switch to permanent standard time or permanent DST. I would even welcome multiple time zones for Europe. After all, that also works in other places, such as the U.S. or Russia. In my opinion, the range of the CET is far too large.

Time travelling is what I like to do

Yes, I'd like that too. Last year, I even got to sit in a real time-travel DeLorean. :love:

giphy.gif


Unfortunately, it was just at a movie car meet, and the flux capacitor probably wouldn't have worked. 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tazzo
Wot. You need to call up Cher, she can turn back time.

I saw her do it with Uber Eats. So you need to find an uber, maybe they have the flux capacitors.
 
I don't understand it, if we move one hour forward in spring and one hour backward in autumn, whether it should make any difference when we could just compromise and move half an hour
I think that would be even worse, then having to calculate the time difference of 30 mins 😨 Now it atleast is easy with hourly difference.
 
Unfortunately, it was just at a movie car meet, and the flux capacitor probably wouldn't have worked. 😂
Did you even have plutonium with you to try it? 😁 ..or was it the newer version where plutonium wasn't needed anymore :unsure:

And what time would you go to? :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coll2-8
Did you even have plutonium with you to try it? 😁
Sure, of course after all, you can buy it at any pharmacy these days! 😂

And what time would you go to? :D
Good question...! Maybe back to my childhood to see once again what my neighborhood looked like back then.
Or 30 years into the future to find out if those flying hoverboards finally exist by then! 😁
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tazzo