Time scale of update?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
yes like the warning we had at the top of the forums said, looks to me like all the posts from a certain period of time weren't migrated.
it sounds like we have backups of the site tho, and over the course of the next few days we may get a way to salvage some of that. i expect the mods have a lot on their plate at the moment :)
OK, thanks, I didn't see that.

I do like the feature of being able to see with one click who has quoted your posts.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
OK, thanks, I didn't see that.

I do like the feature of being able to see with one click who has quoted your posts.
yeah there's a lot of new things i'm discovering and liking.
for ex. i mentioned it before but getting a notification when someone quotes something i said is really much appreciated improvement :)

C

CandieM

I’m too young and innocent to know what ROFLMAO means...

What does it mean? :unsure:
"Rolling on the floor, laughing my butt off". I'm sure you knew that, though. :p

Oddly popular emoji. I noticed a bunch of people using it all over social media, almost all the time, and I thought "How odd; how is this such a popular emoji?" Sarcasm, maybe?

My favorite emoji is the :poop: emoji.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The dislike button kind of concerns me. And losing our group?? We had threads that were 50 pages long, and we continued to use them.

And paragraphs seem to be a bit of a challenge? Or is that just my Ipad?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I like the dislike button option. There wasn't one before, and some would give someone whose post they didn't like, a rep with a nasty comment attached to it.

C

CandieM

I like the dislike button option. There wasn't one before, and some would give someone whose post they didn't like, a rep with a nasty comment attached to it.
Ouch.

There was a forum I attended years ago, when I was still a teenager. You could give someone a rep or the opposite (not sure what it was called) and there was no way to know who it came from. Whoever gave me one made some snide comment about taking a drug for that-time-of-the-month, not that it was affecting me at the time. There was some sort of misunderstanding in a thread that someone posted and someone assumed that I needed a drug because of that-time-of-the-month. It was over a very sensitive topic as well. Very rude and disgusting.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I was looking at the new options there. I'm going to have to restrain myself from overusing the "bad spelling" button. :D
No bad spelling, but I just had to try it out!

Well, if that's the only thing I like about this migration to a new format, the bad spelling button will be worth it all! Yes!!!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Please bring back the icon that tells you that you have already posted on that thread. That was one of the superior things the old site had. I have a policy of not posting on a thread, if I have already posted to the full extent of what I wanted to say. Now, I am faced with threads that are pages long, and no idea if I posted on them.