Tiny house

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Live4Him2

Solomon was a strange one to talk considering he had hundreds of wives and lived in a huge palace that was even bigger than the Temple.

why didnt Solomon build a tiny house?! Why did he have so many wives? Just cos he could?
I think that the book of Ecclesiastes gives us the answer to your questions.

There, Solomon said:

Ecclesiastes chapter 1

[16] I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
[17] And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
[18] For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Ecclesiastes chapter 2

[1] I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity.
[2] I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, What doeth it?
[3] I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly, till I might see what was that good for the sons of men, which they should do under the heaven all the days of their life.
[4] I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
[5] I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
[6] I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
[7] I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
[8] I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
[9] So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
[10] And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
[11] Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
[12] And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what can the man do that cometh after the king? even that which hath been already done.
[13] Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

It seems that Solomon deliberately set out to know both wisdom and folly, while retaining his wisdom, in order to see if there was any worth in anything that is "done under the sun" or here upon this earth.

As far as his wives and concubines which numbered 1000 in total are concerned, Solomon did ultimately say this:

Ecclesiastes chapter 7

[27] Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
[28] Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.

Solomon apparently only found one good man among a thousand, and no good women among a thousand.

I suppose that after personally taking this count, he wrote:

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." (Proverbs 31:10)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If he had such a low opinion of women, why did he get so many of them? :unsure:

"I hate dogs, but I'm gonna keep a whole pack around my house." It just doesn't make sense.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Poor Solomon

he reminds me a bit of Louis Theroux whos always trying to find crazy people to interview. When lockdown happened he just kind of interviewed himself.

C

ChristianTonyB

There is no reason to ever have to let a cat outdoors. Of course this is said by someone who lives in an urban area also populated by such wildlife as coyotes; some experts say taking cats for walks, even leashed, is just too dangerous.
If I didn't allow my cat out during the day I'd be dead meat. She has to wear a birdie collar that has bright colours to warn the birds of her presence though, and a bell that sounds a warning too. She's a naughty tortie (tortoiseshell... vets nickname them that), and the world does as she pleases, or else!

C

ChristianTonyB

I was thinking on housing developments (where I live, there are several vacant lots in the neighbourhood now) where because of regulations changes and something called the RUB, rural urban boundary, nobody is now allowed to build a house outside this designated area of the city,

so whats happening is older properties are being totally bullodozed and flattened, the demoliton carting the old houses away and concrete apartment blocks being put up, some up to six storeys high now they changed the rules.

I think its sad to see what might have been decent homes when they were new, now become potential slums and tenements. everything looks good when its new but after its been rained on and lived in for a while...most houses and apartments dont actually look that great. It takes effort and constant maintenance to have a place that is livable.
Yep. Happening here in Oz too. State and Federal authorities are centralists, they seem to shun the benefits of regionalisation. So we end up with high density devepments, lumping society together and putting extra pressure on already exhausted city resources. They put in a couple of extra lanes on Express Ways so they can get people driving faster from one traffic jam to another. Doesn't make sense to me!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yep. Happening here in Oz too. State and Federal authorities are centralists, they seem to shun the benefits of regionalisation. So we end up with high density devepments, lumping society together and putting extra pressure on already exhausted city resources. They put in a couple of extra lanes on Express Ways so they can get people driving faster from one traffic jam to another. Doesn't make sense to me!
if you. in OZ why not try and convince the centralists to live right in the middle of the desert. Just have one big city for the entire country. lol
All the bureuacrats can live there and have their big city life (just move Canberra up and demolish all the other cities while building ONE big tower cum massive apartment block to house about 20 million people under one gigantic dome roof) and call that Australia
. while everyone else lives wherever they want in no mans land outside of a 50 K circular city zone rabbit proof fence.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The rabbits can live in the city, the fence is so the rabbits dont get out and go surfing or get stung by jellyfish.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I heard Neighbours is being cancelled!

What is going to happen to Ramsey Street? Could they scale it down to a tiny house and save on production costs?
But then it would just be a Coronation Street clone.

C

ChristianTonyB

if you. in OZ why not try and convince the centralists to live right in the middle of the desert. Just have one big city for the entire country. lol
All the bureuacrats can live there and have their big city life (just move Canberra up and demolish all the other cities while building ONE big tower cum massive apartment block to house about 20 million people under one gigantic dome roof) and call that Australia
. while everyone else lives wherever they want in no mans land outside of a 50 K circular city zone rabbit proof fence.
Thanks for the advice L 😳 Maybe you could make a reality TV series out of the thought 😏

C

ChristianTonyB

I heard Neighbours is being cancelled! .
Is that right. I better duck into next door tomorrow and warn them they've got to get out! 🤔

C

ChristianTonyB

The rabbits can live in the city, the fence is so the rabbits dont get out and go surfing or get stung by jellyfish.
Keep it up, keep it up. You're gonna get another tanker load of possums arriving soon, and we'll throw in a container or two of cane toads just to prove we aren't mean. 😑

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Keep it up, keep it up. You're gonna get another tanker load of possums arriving soon, and we'll throw in a container or two of cane toads just to prove we aren't mean. 😑
somehow your crocodiles got in, I saw two the other week

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for the advice L 😳 Maybe you could make a reality TV series out of the thought 😏
the reality series will be called

Grand designs of the block bachelor survivors Australia

Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan will host

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I heard Neighbours is being cancelled!

What is going to happen to Ramsey Street? Could they scale it down to a tiny house and save on production costs?
But then it would just be a Coronation Street clone.
Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
I think you have to fly to the US from Australia.
Its somewhere in New York city. Try the upper East side of Manhattan, and ask a nanny.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I think you have to fly to the US from Australia.
Its somewhere in New York city. Try the upper East side of Manhattan, and ask a nanny.
OK, I will consider your counsel. While there I will hook up with Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
OK, I will consider your counsel. While there I will hook up with Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster.
I know Oscar lives in a garbage can
I dont know where the cookie monster lives...in a jar?

It has been years since I watched Sesame street. Is it still going? Big Bird wouldnt fit in a tiny house