Yes I agree.
But what some do not understand is that some have a much mor difficult of resisting temtation than others.
Some have been raised in an ungodly home, have married ungodly people, and have ungodly friends.
Some of us are stronger that others.
When you teach a person that once they are saved they will not sin, or can resist the temptation and if they do sin God will take back his gift of salvation, they can not deal with it and just quit trying.
As I said, I have delt with people who were so confused and upset they even thought about ending their life.
They try to be perfect and sinless like you and Jason, and when they fail, they give up.
You false teaching is very dangerous to some people.
Good scriptures so why all the fuss toward me, as these scriptures you posted say exactly what I have said all along. That you can not live in willful sins and still be saved unto eternal life.
The only difference is between the two of us is I think that you misuse the scriptures in 1 John to believe you are completely sin free no matter what you do,
and I take the full context to say as long as you stay walking in total love (Christ) you would not commit a sin because sin is based on bad and wrong doings toward others and self.
If you do sin you take yourself out of fellowship with Him, and if you chose to repent/confess that sin you regain your fellowship. If you however give into that sin fully your relationship with Him is completely severed as you have chosen to serve your original true master the flesh (sins).......
He gave us warnings because our sins separate us from Him.
This is why the Lord was sent, so that we can have a way to be reconciled to God by receiving remission of our sins.
This is done by following the standard to repent of them, get baptized, and confess future sins while walking in love. The bible especially through the words of Paul more than once state that we are called to walk in righteousness. Walking in habitual sins is not walking in righteousness, as the bible states all sin is unrighteousness.
The bible clearly says the Holy Spirit was sent to help and guide us in our walk, and if a person continues in their sinful lifestyle they are not born again of the Spirit.
1 Thessalonians 4:7
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.
His word does not confirm to us, as we are to be molded and walk as He walked confirming our ways to His.........
Yes I agree.
But what some do not understand is that some have a much mor difficult of resisting temtation than others.
Some have been raised in an ungodly home, have married ungodly people, and have ungodly friends.
Some of us are stronger that others.
When you teach a person that once they are saved they will not sin, or can resist the temptation and if they do sin God will take back his gift of salvation, they can not deal with it and just quit trying.
As I said, I have delt with people who were so confused and upset they even thought about ending their life.
They try to be perfect and sinless like you and Jason, and when they fail, they give up.
You false teaching is very dangerous to some people.
re 612(in case someone else posts in the meantime)
while false teaching might be dangerous to some people, your post is even more dangerous, as people don't find out HOW they can be saved.
if anyone trusts in themselves, then, absolutely - they have failed already.
jesus told the disciples the exact same thing.
and he told them, as always, that if they trust their heavenly father to accomplish the change in their life - salvation and everything associated with salvation , including freedom from sin and from the power of sin, from the power of the devil, from the power of religion, from the power of demons, and so on --- all the freedoms freely given by father in christ jesus,
then this is all already as good as done, "it is finished" you might say, as YAHWEH always keeps and guards His Word and His Own.
Eternal life is eternal life.
You can have it right now. Jesus said so. John said so. And paul said so (paul also said it was a gift, which means it can not be earned)
If it does nto last forever (ie, if one who has eternal life can die again) then Jesus lied in John 6. and scripture is a facad, and we have no hope. because God is a liar.
Your hope is in how good you are, and your ability to not fall into sin.
My hope is in eternal life, which God, who can not lie, promised before time began.
eternal life is in Christ....sin cannot abide in Christ...you cannot abide in Christ with sin...you cannot abide in Christ without being obedient to him
Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
guess what?
our sin no longer has the power to separate us from God!(Rom 8)
we have been delivered from the penalty of sin.
we are being delivered from the power of sin.
we shall One Day be delivered from the presence of sin.
all coming our way, minus our merit, in grace.
we avoid sin because God has placed love and gratitude for Him in our hearts.
we run from it, and to Him, because our sin hurts other people, and ourselves.
and Kenneth? we are reconciled to God by what Christ has done, not ever, ever
by anything we do, right?
Some of you people must have never lived in the real world.
Growing up in an ungodly environment, living in an ungodly environment, working in an ungodly environment, and participate in the ungodless makes change very difficult.
Lets face it, God has to worker harder to straighten some of us out than others. I know because I am one of those.
I believe that God can change any sinner.
But some of us longer than others.
I am reminded of David, Samson, and even Peter.
Tell that to the Galatians who was walking in gospel message of Christ, and then were deceived to turning away from Him to going back to justification by the law. Paul clearly tells them that Christ has become of no affect to them, and that they have fallen from God's grace.
Galatians 1:6
I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel.
Galatians 5:4
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(Christ has become of no effect; KJV)
did he say they were no longer saved?
The scriptures he posted convict himself.
I never said that I live in sin nor did I say that people sin every second and every minute, but unlike you and some others that agree with you, I am honest and confess that I sin at least once every day.Yes and I agree that some have harder times stopping from sin then others.
As some sins have a lot stronger hold on some then others, just like I used cigarettes as an example the other day.
I know some people that quit in one day, and know others that took them up to a year or two to quite. I do not believe once a person is born again they are immediately changed and stop every single sin right that minute. That would be unrealistic thinking, but however to say we will continue to always live in sin day in and day out is a false statement also. The Holy Spirit that works within us will mold you away from those things, and into walking in righteousness. I have experienced His power first hand, as I do not still commit the same sins any more that I once did. And I don't even have the same wanting lusts I use to have.
I will constantly stand up for God's word without fail against those who try to say we sin constantly every second, every minute, and everyday; as that is unrealistic to for it would then put a limit on what God can do in our lives and the denial of the Holy Spirit's power working within us.....
Do you even know how to read? I am sorry, but how can you get that out of those passages?
those verses do not say that. your adding to the word.
those verses say what I HAVE BEEN SAYING.
A child of God can not live in sin, Because he has God in him, Who can withstand the chastening of God. Did your dad spank you as a kid. and yu laugh at his face and sin again right in his presence? Maybe yuo did not get punushed as a kid, and thats why you can not comprehend what this means?
No, I take it that a person who is born of God can not live like he did before he got saved. Because God will nto allow it.
out of fellowship is not kicked out of family.
If I get sent to my room I am out of fellowship with my family, until my parent says I can come back out. But I am still a son.
i'm unsure what those verses have to do with the fact our peace with God
is only through Christ's Righteousness?
i think i should have been clearer.![]()
Tell that to the Galatians who was walking in gospel message of Christ, and then were deceived to turning away from Him to going back to justification by the law. Paul clearly tells them that Christ has become of no affect to them, and that they have fallen from God's grace.
Galatians 1:6
I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel.
Galatians 5:4
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(Christ has become of no effect; KJV)
I never said that I live in sin nor did I say that people sin every second and every minute, but unlike you and some others that agree with you, I am honest and confess that I sin at least once every day.
I'm sorry Ken, but I just don't believe you when you say yo can go a day, a week, even a month without sin.
If Christ is in you then that means you walk in total love, which means you never have any faults.