3
3Scoreand10
Guest
In addition, 1 Timothy 6:3 Paul essentially says any man who teaches contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness is proud and knows nothing.
Wow! You just described yourself to a T
In addition, 1 Timothy 6:3 Paul essentially says any man who teaches contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness is proud and knows nothing.
Word_Swordsman where does "the flesh serving the law of sin puts one out of covenant with Christ" come from?
so...
are you perfect, Jason?
are you completely without sin? ready and qualified to 'cast the first stone' ?
i confess i'm not. daily.
What about verse 9. It says that believers are in the spirit if the Spirit of God dwells in us. I don't see a spigot there. I don't see that I have the ability to hop back and forth between the flesh and the spirit. If the spirit of God dwells in me then I walk in the spirit. If the Spirit is not is not in me then I'm not Christs'. Would you agree with that?I've already answered that, posting Romans. Read chapters 6, 7, and 8. It appears folks prefer to ignore those scriptures, cherry picking a few they like.
Here's my answer:
Romans 8:1-14 (KJV)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[SUP]2 [/SUP] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
[SUP]3 [/SUP] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
[SUP]4 [/SUP] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[SUP]5 [/SUP] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
[SUP]6 [/SUP] For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
[SUP]7 [/SUP] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[SUP]8 [/SUP] So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
[SUP]10 [/SUP] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
[SUP]11 [/SUP] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
[SUP]12 [/SUP] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
[SUP]13 [/SUP] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
[SUP]14 [/SUP] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
I'll ask you in turn, how anyone can go ahead and let the flesh serve the law of sin, yet be acceptable to God? The New Covenant makes a very strong case that if you are in Christ/Christ is in you, then your flesh can't be found serving another master. It's a matter of choosing a master. Serving the Devil through minding the flesh will not let anyone inside the Kingdom of Heaven. The "flesh" is supposed to be crucified, without turning back to it.
Then don't have fellowship with me, that's on you. Jesus has fellowship with me and that's the only thing that matters.
In my two months here I have been blessed to make the acquaintance of some wonderful children of God, in fact, God willing, one brother and I will be meeting for worship and a baseball game this Summer. Imagine that, two sinners in fellowship together in the midst of many other sinners, both in worship and at the game. And what did Jesus say about two or more gathering in His name? That's right, Jesus will be with us also.
And for the record, what do you think is more humble, to admit you're a sinner in need of God's grace and guidance or telling the world you're not a sinner and not in need of God's grace and guidance? That's actually a rhetorical question.
Any comment on this Jason? You were trying to tell me that abstaining from sin is what allowed me to walk in the spirit.What about verse 9. It says that believers are in the spirit if the Spirit of God dwells in us. I don't see a spigot there. I don't see that I have the ability to hop back and forth between the flesh and the spirit. If the spirit of God dwells in me then I walk in the spirit. If the Spirit is not is not in me then I'm not Christs'. Would you agree with that?
[SUP]9 [/SUP]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
What about verse 9. It says that believers are in the spirit if the Spirit of God dwells in us. I don't see a spigot there. I don't see that I have the ability to hop back and forth between the flesh and the spirit. If the spirit of God dwells in me then I walk in the spirit. If the Spirit is not is not in me then I'm not Christs'. Would you agree with that?
[SUP]9 [/SUP]But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Any comment on this Jason? You were trying to tell me that abstaining from sin is what allowed me to walk in the spirit.
Any comment on this Jason? You were trying to tell me that abstaining from sin is what allowed me to walk in the spirit.
Any comment on this Jason? You were trying to tell me that abstaining from sin is what allowed me to walk in the spirit.
So you are a "righteous sinner"? I don't connect with that concept. I'll stick with believe and repent of sin. That' how they preached it in the Bible. If we are not willing to repent, to let our flesh die with Christ, then doesn't that leave us unsaved sinners?
I have already received the benefit of God's grace, that is, Jesus is my Savior and Lord by grace through faith. So now I have been made eligible to declare I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I will not say I am a righteous sinner, as that fails the message of a huge part of the Bible.
Philippians 1:9-11 (KJV)
[SUP]9 [/SUP] And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
[SUP]10 [/SUP] That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
[SUP]11 [/SUP] Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.
Sinners can't do that. Sinners offend all the time, not repenting to stop being sinners, not being without offense till that day of Christ that is hopefully near.
So you believe you can be out of fellowship with Christ but yet you still have the Holy Spirit and can sin while having the Spirit and it is okay to God? That would be like God dwelling in the devil while he did bad things. Such a thing would not be possible because God does not condone the evil actions of others. God is Holy and good. If you don't have fellowship with the Son there is no life is what 1 John 5:12 says. There is not another verse that nullifies 1 John 5:12. He that does not have the Son does not have life. Period. There is no need to add to that verse. 1 John 5:12 stands on it's own just fine.
No, You make John say something he did not say.
He said whoever is born of God can not sin, because he has been born of God.
Now you want to twist what he said, and turn that back to mean something else.
Sorry bro. Take john at his word, or make him a liar. thats up to you.
I do repent all the time and I bear good fruit, but I make mistakes. I'm not without sin.
This suit and tie business is a red herring. I have my degree from a Southern Baptist Seminary, and I have attended many Southern Baptist churches. I have never seen a suit and tie being worn, and dresses also seem to be out of vogue. Southern Baptists, and other Baptists are concerned with the heart, not outward appearance.
In fact, the only time I hav seen a suit and tie being worn was one time we let the Pentecostal Church use our church in Sunday afternoons, because they had been flooded out. It seemed rather odd to me, but we still gave them building to use, despite their formality, and believing you can lose your salvation, because it was the Chrisitian thing to do!
It is amazing the kinds of ignorant and totally irrelevant arguments people use against eternal security.
Kenneth, although you are not a Catholic, your soteriology had been heavily informed by their works + faith doctrines.
Personally, I do believe we are instructed in the Word to obey God, and walk with Christ. But losing your salvation either means that God didn't save you, you did by your works, and that God is not omniscient, that he saves people and then lets them slip through his fingers, not realizing they would turn away from hm. And that is a very small God.