Tithing. What are Christians suppose to do?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tithing

• Total voters
Jan 12, 2019
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes:
first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
(Romans 1:16)
explain why "the gospel" is ubiquitously singular if the teaching that there are plural gospels is not false.
why Paul preaches to both Jews and Gentiles and why Peter is an exemplar to both Jews and Gentiles.
why there is no longer Jew nor Greek in Christ. why Paul, a Jew, specifically says he '
became like a Jew' to reach Jews.
explain why Paul, a Jew, says he is not under the law, since you say that Paul, a Jewish believer, is still under the law.

'my view contradicts the Bible but that's fine let's not make a fuss' is not a graceful exit. you seriously need to either learn to defend this stuff or stop trying to teach it so long as you are unwilling/unable to give an answer for what you believe.
If you don't even accept the distinction between the gospel of the kingdom (prophecy) and the gospel of grace (mystery), you are not going to be able to accept the difference between the gospel of the circumcision and the uncircumcision.

When Paul wrote Romans, it was already years pass the events in Acts 15. By the time Acts ended, it was clear that the Jewish nation have rejected the Messiah, so the gospel of the circumcision has truly been postponed. By then, there is thus only one gospel, which is that of the uncircumcision.

We have gone thru this so many times last year. Why is it so difficult for you to accept that there will be people who interpret Bible differently from you?

Nov 8, 2019
London, England
I made no such claim. If fact my reply began with this:

All scripture was written for believers. Not all scripture is written to believers.

Your one verse posted out of context. Broad brushed all people, Christion's & non-Christion's, into one group. My post explained, the law's required sin wage was yet to be paid. So, there are NO Christian's yet. Therefore the verse can't be applied to them.

If you're not going to read my replies. I see no point is continuing this debate. Best wishes, FD...

FlyingDove Quote:

"...Matt 5:18 So, ask: Who is writing? Matthew

Who’s he speaking to? Jews under the law. Jesus is sent to minister to the Jew only...."

The question about the four Gospels was raised, because of your statement above. Are you saying that Yeshua/Jesus did not minister to Gentiles at anytime in the four Gospels?

Jul 20, 2019
I might be kicking a hornets nest, but I would like to know what some people’s opinions on the matter are. Are we called to give a tenth as the Israelites were, or do we give according what’s in our heart? Please let me know. I look forward to a spirited(And friendly) discussion.
this explains everything, give what you can afford, not what they tell you to give

Attachments