To all of you non flat earthers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Your behavior when people disagree with you is reminiscent of every Fascist in history.
If you were secure in your belief you wouldn't resort to juvenile behavior when encountering opposition.

For you the world is flat.

OK.

It's you that has to live with that. You don't need a consensus to feel secure in what you're sure is true.

Jul 20, 2021
Your behavior when people disagree with you is reminiscent of every Fascist in history.
If you were secure in your belief you wouldn't resort to juvenile behavior when encountering opposition.

For you the world is flat.

OK.

It's you that has to live with that. You don't need a consensus to feel secure in what you're sure is true.
Why do people still believe that “Space, is a real “place” that can be explored by humans or by sending probes/rovers? Doesn’t anyone ever stop and think about just how ridiculous what we are told “Space” is and how impossible what they claim we can do and are doing out there? Ever think about how little trial and error there has been when in comes to “Space”, how there is like no testing (if any at all) that actually occurs under the conditions anything going to “Space” would encounter? It’s a joke… Millions or Billions of miles traveled, remote control robots, 1970’s tech still able to operate in a meaningful capacity today, data links sending images and info from 14 billion miles away, batteries that somehow last for 40+ years, boosters landing themselves back on earth, claimed factual knowledge about places and things no one has ever been to and actually observed and never will, the list goes on… I mean, why does anyone think this stuff is happening!?!? Space and all that comes with it is literally the most impossible fantasy land thing imaginable… Everything is based off of assumptions, theories, non-provable, unobservable, made-up, and invisible mathemagical nonsense that exists only on paper and in the minds of liars… Space is Fake. Wake up, people!

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I don't really care if the earth is flat or not . . . it wouldn't change my life at all. But the reason why I believe that earth is round is because of the shadow of earth as it is cast upon the moon. But there's more . . . if the earth was flat, the shadow of the earth on the moon would start out and end as a thin slice, but only as the earth became squared up with the sun would it cast a rounded shadow.

I know it's hard to imagine, but there are videos of the earth's shadow in time-lapsed photography that demonstrate that the shadow of the earth does not begin or end as a sliver. That's a really, really big factoid that causes me to believe that it is round.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
Jul 20, 2021
1 Corinthians 8:2

English Standard Version
If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

Berean Literal Bible
If anyone thinks to have known anything, not yet does he know as it is necessary to know.
1 Corinthians 8:2

English Standard Version
If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know.

Berean Literal Bible
If anyone thinks to have known anything, not yet does he know as it is necessary to know.
The earth is flat...Go check the horizen

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Well, hopefully the crazy will find peace. It seems flat earth theorists can only question, and indoctrinate. It could of been fun, if it was taken as a theory, but the die hards, can't even rationalize talking points. It's their way, or the highway, which doesn't have much room for an open discussion. This seems more like religious debate.

With that said, I find this topic incredibly ridiculous, even for the sake of discussion, it hardly has any benefit.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
There's a theology community forum wherein no less than three members of the board support team, administrators, moderators, believe the earth is flat. Not counting members who also agree, I would think that's a huge number considering the potential total of members at the site.

Flat Earthers are the only people to whom you could say,"take a flying leap", and have it hold serious potential of happening. :LOL:

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
... It seems flat earth theorists can only question, and indoctrinate. It could of been fun, if it was taken as a theory, but the die hards, can't even rationalize talking points. It's their way, or the highway, which doesn't have much room for an open discussion. This seems more like religious debate.

With that said, I find this topic incredibly ridiculous, even for the sake of discussion, it hardly has any benefit.

i think this whole topic can be equated with religious beliefs... of various kinds. if one gets into this way of thinking, one way or another -- choose, then it can seem like it could be true. and then if you keep thinking that way and looking for 'proofs' (or if you were taught the 'proofs' growing up in school, either way) -- they are appearantly out there it will seem. likewise, with Christian beliefs -- if we come from a certain background or hold certain doctrines to be true (because we seemingly have proofs/or have found proofs for them, quite possibly with much help of other's teachings [not Spirit]) -- no matter what, then even if Jesus himself came and told us in person that we were wrong, very wrong, and why we were, we would not believe Him. we wouldn't even reconize Him either most likely, and so the opportunity to learn truth, real truth from one who knows for sure (Jesus/Spirit) would be lost at that time in our lives. others, having first and already become like children -- as the Bible says we must become in order to actually enter into the Kingdom would be more ready and able to listen to Jesus the Christ/Spirit in person, and they might even begin to wonder about Him/sorta reconize Him -- each in their own way... though the others might also eventually or in ways -- though not necessarily believe Him much or always -- depending perhaps on how spiritually 'asleep' or 'awake' they each were (how open-minded or close-minded to Spirit each of them were or became).

Rockson

Jul 24, 2021
Even if the Earth was flat which I don't believe it is but even if it were.....I'd ask the question why should Christian believers try to prove that it is. The big question is how does such argument and discussion effect the world when it comes to accepting the message Jesus Christ gave us. Doesn't flat earth suggestions actually work against the gospel in that you create unnecessary offence with the sinner? Of course the world many times will become offended but why should we offend people unnecessarily when we don't need to. Yes if they get offended well lets make sure they only get offended over things that matter. The only thing matters is will they receive the Lord Jesus Christ into their spirit causing them to become born again. It seems to me we should give up things that take us off course of our mandate from the Lord .

Nov 23, 2021
Back in the fifties watched Sputnik the first satelitte ( Russia) orbit the earth at night. Read from history that the early world travelers had a fear of falling off the earth because it was flat. Father , Son times looking at the planets through a large telescope the moon , mars , Jupiter with moons, the rings of Saturn. These days a researcher of the new world order who I highly respected at one point fell into a belief that the earth was flat . That there was a large glass dome over the earth , and that NASA was deceiving us into believing the earth was a globe. There were actually no planets which meant literally no solar system. Friend , if you want to believe the earth is flat fine, go into all the world and preach the gospel all you flat- landers , but as we used to say up in the mountains of Lake Tahoe , tourist go home , leave your daughters.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Love it, lol.......Just take a look around and ask yourself.....is the Word of God right, or is man, NASA, Hollywood, or multi-media? what do you hold in your hand, or close to your heart. Oo
It sounds like you may be holding your interpretation of Scripture close to your heart, and allowing it to filter out truth, facts, and reality. That’s counterproductive.

Dec 15, 2020
It sounds like you may be holding your interpretation of Scripture close to your heart, and allowing it to filter out truth, facts, and reality. That’s counterproductive.
Dino246, Thank you for responding to the post. I'm reading KJV and no I'm not filtering out anything from what the Word of God says. Enjoy the holidays.

Dec 14, 2021
1 corinthians 14:32
It's referring to the ability of the prophet to hold his tongue until the appropriate moment for the sake of order. That shows a cognitive intuition based on the current understanding of the prophet.

So if the prophet is given a message to speak, unless that message is given verbatim, isn't the prophet going to speak according to what he understands or according to what the recipients understand? For example, if the message is over every single inch of the earth, might the prophet express that in a way commonly understood by the people of that day, such as the four corners of the earth? Are you going to tell a bunch of people who have always believed the earth is flat a message that suggests the earth is round? The answer is maybe. It really depends on whether doing that is going to make them miss the message trying to be presented. Again though, the prophet may also understand the world as being flat. He may have no idea that a four corners metaphor doesn't exactly fit.