To all of you non flat earthers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I have several globes. I think I can understand what it would be like to look through one from a point in Canada and try to see the south pole. Perhaps those who built the globes failed to do a proper globe?

Can you explain how a perfect circle can be a straight line?
You have erroneously conflated “looking South” with “looking directly towards the South Pole”. Apparently it has not occurred to you that when someone looks South, they are looking across the surface of Earth, not through it.

S

SophieT

Wow....

The water would only drain off around Antarctica if there were a significant source of gravity "below" Antarctica (and, if you were in Antarctica, the direction would be "up"). Earth's gravity operates the same way around Antarctica as it does wherever you live.

If you put a ball in water and then pull it out, the water drains off the bottom and falls to the ground (or back in the water) because of Earth's gravity. That same gravity keeps the water from draining off the Earth in any direction, from any location. There isn't a comparable source of gravitational force at the same relative distance from Earth to draw the water off the Earth.
gravity again...keeps ruining a perfectly good flat earth theory.

I guess we never hear from anyone who sailed off the edge of the world cause...well...they sailed off the edge of the world :cautious:

May 23, 2021
Its not directly above me. Its near a horizon, and perpendicular to the crux is south...

Your facing crux your facing south
Your facing dipper your facing north
What part of that fact don't u comprehend?
The big dipper is always above, not on the horizon. No, the big dipper points to the northern star, which is allegedly above the north pole.

If the crux is always on the horizon for you how can it be on the horizon at all times of the day? Even the moon does not stay on the horizon. It has to be higher on the horizon at some point, or those in the north would never see it. How can it change for them, but never changes for you?

May 23, 2021
You have erroneously conflated “looking South” with “looking directly towards the South Pole”. Apparently it has not occurred to you that when someone looks South, they are looking across the surface of Earth, not through it.
Only if the earth was flat. If the earth curves away from you, at some point on a ball your vision is in space. Your vision does not curve, at least mine does not.

May 23, 2021
gravity again...keeps ruining a perfectly good flat earth theory.

I guess we never hear from anyone who sailed off the edge of the world cause...well...they sailed off the edge of the world :cautious:

That would be the edge of reality. Where reality stops, eternity begins. I doubt God let's just any one walk out of reality and into eternity.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
The dipper can't be seen simultaneously in all places in the Northern Hemisphere either
Day time, remember? We can only see stars in the dark...

Plus or minus 25 degrees

Thats what i mean. U know

Im not arguing for globe earth, i was just focusing on the south pole issue on the FE model. But.

Careful how we word things... Notice you didn't mention night or day in your opening and specified "simultaneously in all places"
I disagreed with "all places" and say only where its dark. Which is what your saying now

The crux is observable simultaneously by anyone in the Southern Hemisphere observing the night sky, at all (night) times of the year. Yes thats true it is.
Your such a typical Aussie too... LOOK OUTSIDE... LoL. So lazy Aussies... Shes there every night. Its on our flag.
The southern cross isn't just Aussie... Its on Brazils flag as well, tight in the center. Cos its in their sky 24/7... Or 12/7 at night...

Ok... I reckon we're on the same page now

Hahahaha... Na, im not putting it down to "the mysteries of the cosmos". We have a south pole mate. The southern cross doesn't lie...

Has that been done? The laser light?
I know there are heaps of other lines of arguments... Spotting tings off sure that are meant to bee to far is a classic...
Im not denouncing every FE model... Im denouncing any model without north and south poles...

There are flat earth models in my mind that can still adhere to the southern cross.
It could be a flat circle but with 2 poles. Or my favourite, it could be a flat diamond with poles on the tips... Doesn't the bible say the earth has corners??? So flat earth is possible still in my mind. But not this particular FE model
Physical evidence, actual observations and common sense declare that the earth is a globe. If it is flat, it would be extraordinarily easy to prove it. Go to the edge and look over. No one has ever come back from a journey and told us that they've found the edge of the earth. Plenty of people have gone right around the globe to demonstrate that it is a globe. I can't believe that this is even a discussion!

May 23, 2021
Physical evidence, actual observations and common sense declare that the earth is a globe. If it is flat, it would be extraordinarily easy to prove it. Go to the edge and look over. No one has ever come back from a journey and told us that they've found the edge of the earth. Plenty of people have gone right around the globe to demonstrate that it is a globe. I can't believe that this is even a discussion!
Obviously you would have to get to the point where the crux is pointing north to find the edge.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Hehehehe... ye, ok but I never said this flat earth theory was right... Im actually arguing that its wrong

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
The big dipper is always above, not on the horizon. No, the big dipper points to the northern star, which is allegedly above the north pole.

If the crux is always on the horizon for you how can it be on the horizon at all times of the day? Even the moon does not stay on the horizon. It has to be higher on the horizon at some point, or those in the north would never see it. How can it change for them, but never changes for you?
Its never above your head. Its always closer to a horizon... Like in the picture which il post again...

maxresdefault (1)d.jpg

Do you know what a right angle is? Perpendicular? Vertical?

Do you know what a plumb bob is? Or a level?

May 23, 2021
And you still avoid the question... Hahaha... anyway
The sun is allegedly closer and still a star like one in the crux. Can you explain why you think the earth blocks viewing it, when the earth cannot block a star further away and less magnitude?

There literally should only be shadows and not total darkness if the sun was an actual star. Is it dark in the shadow of a mountain? Or does light work the same way as gravity and is bent out of shape?

The logical explanation is the sun is just an intense light that shines down from one spot and covers a very wide range of influence. It works the same on either models and is not coming from a star that sends out light in every direction indiscriminately. In Genesis 1 there are two great lights. Neither can send a reflection off of the other light. Do these two lights ever bump into each other, or cancel the other one out? If science ever carries out the notion to send a rocket to the sun is it going to end up on the dark side?

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
The sun is allegedly closer and still a star like one in the crux. Can you explain why you think the earth blocks viewing it, when the earth cannot block a star further away and less magnitude?
No because thats no what im trying to explain...

The only fact im asserting is that if your facing crux your facing south... What part of that don't u comprehend...

maxresdefault (1)d.jpg

Use a level, or plumb bob, or a square to find south on the horizon. If you want to used a measuring tool...
If you know what vertical looks like then you shouldn't even need such tools

May 23, 2021
Its never above your head. Its always closer to a horizon... Like in the picture which il post again...

View attachment 228170

Do you know what a right angle is? Perpendicular? Vertical?

Do you know what a plumb bob is? Or a level?
The word south is on the horizon. The crux is about the same position as the moon is for me from my location. The moon could do the same for me and point south.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
The word south is on the horizon. The crux is about the same position as the moon is for me from my location. The moon could do the same for me and point south.
The moon... I didn't say anything about the moon...

Do u know what vertical is?

Again. What part of this don't u understand???
If you are facing crux, you are facing south

maxresdefault (1)d.jpg

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
@Timtofly

Seriously... What part of this don't u understand???

maxresdefault (1)d.jpg

Whenever your facing crux, your facing south... Compass south

At least Gary and Moses were able to acknowledge this fact... You don't seem to want to face it

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
@Timtofly

If you are facing crux, you are facing south, anywhere, any time

maxresdefault (2)DG.jpg maxresdefault (1)d.jpg

Do u acknowledge this?

If not then this discussion isn't going anywhere. Everyone accepts this as fact, even the flat earthers, and you are are unable to explain what it is you don't understand about it

Its really quite simple...
If you are facing dipper, you are facing north

Facts that are acknowledged by all except yourself

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Only if the earth was flat. If the earth curves away from you, at some point on a ball your vision is in space. Your vision does not curve, at least mine does not.
Wow... you REALLY don't understand the concept of direction. If nothing else, this is evidence for the abject failure of the modern education system.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

There literally should only be shadows and not total darkness if the sun was an actual star. Is it dark in the shadow of a mountain? Or does light work the same way as gravity and is bent out of shape?

The logical explanation is the sun is just an intense light that shines down from one spot and covers a very wide range of influence. It works the same on either models and is not coming from a star that sends out light in every direction indiscriminately. In Genesis 1 there are two great lights. Neither can send a reflection off of the other light. Do these two lights ever bump into each other, or cancel the other one out? If science ever carries out the notion to send a rocket to the sun is it going to end up on the dark side?
More evidence. Did you somehow manage to skip every science class throughout your schooling?

May 23, 2021
@Timtofly

If you are facing crux, you are facing south, anywhere, any time

View attachment 228176 View attachment 228177

Do u acknowledge this?

If not then this discussion isn't going anywhere. Everyone accepts this as fact, even the flat earthers, and you are are unable to explain what it is you don't understand about it

Its really quite simple...
If you are facing dipper, you are facing north

Facts that are acknowledged by all except yourself
I am not denying that point. I said the moon does the exact same thing. What you failed to claim is that the crux is in the exact same position and never moves like the moon does. I asked if the crux changed position, and the answer was yes, but the vertical stars always pointed south. So if it was off to the left it would point down to the right. If it was straight in front and pointing down it would be straight down. If it was off to the right it would point to the left, but always south. That is what you implied.

May 23, 2021
Wow... you REALLY don't understand the concept of direction. If nothing else, this is evidence for the abject failure of the modern education system.
You mean the abject failure of Satan's deception for 2500 years. No it does not work in brainwashing every single human.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You mean the abject failure of Satan's deception for 2500 years. No it does not work in brainwashing every single human.
Satan hasn't deceived you into being able to understand basic concepts like direction on the surface of a roughly-spherical object? Well, you must be one of the Chosen.

smh...