To all of you non flat earthers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
It is impossible period. There are time zones for a reason. And no, a person in Africa, Australia, and SA, can not be in the same time zone at the same time. Can someone at the north pole be in all 24 at the same time?

If a person stood on Atartica due south of Australia, another person due south of Africa, and a third due south of Argentina would they keep the time zone of that country, or could they see each other in the same time zone?
Time zones are irrelevant...

Fact - We are facing due south at the crux simultaneously...

Impossible on FE. Like u said

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
@GaryA

Monk-like patience mate... ;)

Fact - Facing crux facing southo_O
Fact - We're all facing south at crux simultaneouslyo_O

Iv had to repeat these basic facts 1,000 times...:rolleyes:
That's almost Christ-like patience...;)

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
@Timtofly

Please answer my question for once.
I answer all your questions but u never answer mine

Do u understand this fact?

Facing dipper = Facing north
Facing crux = Facing south

Now please answer my question that I have repeatedly asked...

What don't u understand about this fact?

May 23, 2021
Time zones are irrelevant...

Fact - We are facing due south at the crux simultaneously...

Impossible on FE. Like u said
I said it was impossible to face due south and the crux at the same time period. Flat or round earth regardless. But to you angles do not matter. Try convincing math majors, angles do not matter.

May 23, 2021
@Timtofly

Where I am at, the big dipper is almost directly above me. It does not matter which way you are facing to find it.

You have to look up first.

May 23, 2021
@Timtofly

I understand that you do not take into consideration that the crux is pointing away from itself to a different point in the sky. You claim the whole 12 hour orbit is like looking at a small clock in the sky.

I claimed that was an optical illusion. You are not looking at a star system that does mirror rotation looking like a clock in the sky with the earth’s rotation.

The crux does not move through the sky like the outer point of a clock face, pointing towards the center of this clock face. Trying to say 3 people in Africa, Australia, and SA all facing the southern horizon are seeing the same clock face at the same time like all are looking up at the bottom of this ball we call earth, make the crux itself do the impossible.

It is not impossible that the crux is in an orbit and both can see it at the same time at different angles because it is between you. Saying it is not in between you is your own choice.

Claiming there is a star system out there that can make a fairly large circle in space which is actually larger because of the distance between the earth and the several star systems that even make up the crux and that these systems are moving in this big circle so as earth rotates it matches that rotation is impossible.

Furthermore it behaves like the sun in it's yearly cycle moving between the two lines of tropics. The crux just takes 18,000 years to move between it's tropics zones. If it can be seen all year long in Jerusalem, then at that time in history the crux would be higher in the night sky, and you would have to look up, or even, face north, to find it. It would still point to a different location in the sky, related to the due south imaginary pole line.

I also tried to point out this line is on an axis that instead of making the earth tilted, the imaginary pole line cuts through the NP on the map, and is sometimes below the horizon for you and sometimes above, depending on the time of day, and if the crux is pointing down or up.

The other fact is, no one can prove if the crux can be seen during the day. If the crux is the same 24 hour clock face position for all 3 points on the map, and this is a proven fact, then you may have a point. Otherwise the crux is not even a bunch of star systems seemingling moving fast through space to mirror the earth's rotation, as a group. They are not balls of gas many light years away. They are angels in orbit above the earth giving a simulation, of what people thinks exist, but is only virtual reality. They are part of a clockwork between heaven and earth. The earth is not a disk moving through space. It is the middle section of reality in the shape of a fixed finite cube. Reality has length, depth, and height, held together in shape by time.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
I understand that you do not take into consideration that the crux is pointing away from itself to a different point in the sky. You claim the whole 12 hour orbit is like looking at a small clock in the sky.

I claimed that was an optical illusion. You are not looking at a star system that does mirror rotation looking like a clock in the sky with the earth’s rotation.

The crux does not move through the sky like the outer point of a clock face, pointing towards the center of this clock face. Trying to say 3 people in Africa, Australia, and SA all facing the southern horizon are seeing the same clock face at the same time like all are looking up at the bottom of this ball we call earth, make the crux itself do the impossible.

It is not impossible that the crux is in an orbit and both can see it at the same time at different angles because it is between you. Saying it is not in between you is your own choice.

Claiming there is a star system out there that can make a fairly large circle in space which is actually larger because of the distance between the earth and the several star systems that even make up the crux and that these systems are moving in this big circle so as earth rotates it matches that rotation is impossible.

Furthermore it behaves like the sun in it's yearly cycle moving between the two lines of tropics. The crux just takes 18,000 years to move between it's tropics zones. If it can be seen all year long in Jerusalem, then at that time in history the crux would be higher in the night sky, and you would have to look up, or even, face north, to find it. It would still point to a different location in the sky, related to the due south imaginary pole line.

I also tried to point out this line is on an axis that instead of making the earth tilted, the imaginary pole line cuts through the NP on the map, and is sometimes below the horizon for you and sometimes above, depending on the time of day, and if the crux is pointing down or up.

The other fact is, no one can prove if the crux can be seen during the day. If the crux is the same 24 hour clock face position for all 3 points on the map, and this is a proven fact, then you may have a point. Otherwise the crux is not even a bunch of star systems seemingling moving fast through space to mirror the earth's rotation, as a group. They are not balls of gas many light years away. They are angels in orbit above the earth giving a simulation, of what people thinks exist, but is only virtual reality. They are part of a clockwork between heaven and earth. The earth is not a disk moving through space. It is the middle section of reality in the shape of a fixed finite cube. Reality has length, depth, and height, held together in shape by time.
Hey Timmy... I give up man

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Moses Young... U and your shifty Aussie replies. Thats the only kind of reply i could think of as well... :unsure:
Its unproven still, but its possible i guess
I must say of all the flat earthers on this forum you've given the most valid responses... Barely valid though. :sneaky:
I still disagree with this FE model mostly cos of the crux situation.;)
Ha, ha. The scorched Earth response? If you won't accept my theory, then at least I can destroy all others? :) I actually think this is the most honest outcome - to admit we can't explain some stuff in the Heavens. But I'm quite sure the Earth is flat. Water curvature just cannot be measured, and we rely on it being level (flat) for all manner of construction.

Remember but Moses... Im not arguing for BE... But, from what i understand...
Polaris can be seen from up to 23 degrees south of the equator because of the earths tilt, but only for a limited time of year...
Same thing with the crux... Right now, from what i read, they can see the crux from 25 degrees north of the equator
The Earth's angle of tilt is supposed to be perpendicular to a line segment through the centre of Earth and Polaris (see representative ball-Earth diagram below). If this be true, Polaris should not be visible even 1 degree below the equator.

earth-polaris.jpg

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Ha, ha. The scorched Earth response? If you won't accept my theory, then at least I can destroy all others? :) I actually think this is the most honest outcome - to admit we can't explain some stuff in the Heavens. But I'm quite sure the Earth is flat. Water curvature just cannot be measured, and we rely on it being level (flat) for all manner of construction.

The Earth's angle of tilt is supposed to be perpendicular to a line segment through the centre of Earth and Polaris (see representative ball-Earth diagram below). If this be true, Polaris should not be visible even 1 degree below the equator.

View attachment 228810
If the earth were flat Polaris could be seen from anywhere on earth. It can't.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia

View attachment 228810

Mr Moses Young... LoL... Shifty but legal...;)

Admitting to God that I don't know everything is one of the most humbling feelings there is i think...
Our feeble minds easily fall into error. They fall in love with our own ideas and before you know it we are claiming to be infallible and omniscient... Thats why i like to think of things in probabilities

As for that diagram u have, the north star and crux are too close to earth in the diagram... If it the were further away then it should be a problem to see it from the equator during 6 months of the year... From what i read, it cannot be seen from the equator in the other 6 months

In my mind, one of the only ways that the earth could possibly be flat is like this

With the dipper above the north pole and the crux above the south pole. Maybe there is that wall of ice around the edges...

But to me, the balance of probability is still in favour of BE though. Im not convinced by all of their beliefs.
They think that stars are travelling through space at random which i disagree with cos the bible describes constellations like Orion and that was so long ago that the constellations would be totally different. Even the documented detailed observations of the Greeks are exactly what we see today
Im also not convinced that we are spinning either, it seems more probable that the stars are spinning, not us

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Water curvature just cannot be measured, and we rely on it being level (flat) for all manner of construction.
While the propensity of water to find its own level over short distances is very useful, that principle doesn't provide any evidence for the shape of the earth.

May 23, 2021
Mr Moses Young... LoL... Shifty but legal...;)

Admitting to God that I don't know everything is one of the most humbling feelings there is i think...
Our feeble minds easily fall into error. They fall in love with our own ideas and before you know it we are claiming to be infallible and omniscient... Thats why i like to think of things in probabilities

As for that diagram u have, the north star and crux are too close to earth in the diagram... If it the were further away then it should be a problem to see it from the equator during 6 months of the year... From what i read, it cannot be seen from the equator in the other 6 months

In my mind, one of the only ways that the earth could possibly be flat is like this

With the dipper above the north pole and the crux above the south pole. Maybe there is that wall of ice around the edges...

But to me, the balance of probability is still in favour of BE though. Im not convinced by all of their beliefs.
They think that stars are travelling through space at random which i disagree with cos the bible describes constellations like Orion and that was so long ago that the constellations would be totally different. Even the documented detailed observations of the Greeks are exactly what we see today
Im also not convinced that we are spinning either, it seems more probable that the stars are spinning, not us
If the earth is not spinning, how can stars, if they are due south, move through thousands of light years of space each night to make a circular path in the sky due south of your location? Remember the further away they are, this motion through space is lengthened. And these stars that are assumingly several light years even from each other all move together through space to make this huge circle possible to be noticeable on earth.

I will stick with angels doing their jobs according to Genesis 1 for signs, seasons, days and years.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

At one time there was water above these stars, lights in the sky. They cannot be that far away. They work like lights shining down upon the earth, with an area of influence. They are not balls of gas sending light in every direction. They have a narrow beam, like all lights created to send light to a particular location on earth.

I agree that they will never change their paths that are circular orbits around the sides of the north. Yes some have zones of tropics where they are sometimes closer to the north, and further from the south. The Polaris star being either fixed, or the smallest orbit.

God's throne has it's footrest at the north or center of the map. We just cannot see it, yet. Nothing created is moving through a so called 14 billion year old universe in size and age. The stars are in a fixed location called the firmament and move in courses like a race track above the earth.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
If the earth is not spinning, how can stars, if they are due south, move through thousands of light years of space each night to make a circular path in the sky due south of your location? Remember the further away they are, this motion through space is lengthened. And these stars that are assumingly several light years even from each other all move together through space to make this huge circle possible to be noticeable on earth.

I will stick with angels doing their jobs according to Genesis 1 for signs, seasons, days and years.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

At one time there was water above these stars, lights in the sky. They cannot be that far away. They work like lights shining down upon the earth, with an area of influence. They are not balls of gas sending light in every direction. They have a narrow beam, like all lights created to send light to a particular location on earth.

I agree that they will never change their paths that are circular orbits around the sides of the north. Yes some have zones of tropics where they are sometimes closer to the north, and further from the south. The Polaris star being either fixed, or the smallest orbit.

God's throne has it's footrest at the north or center of the map. We just cannot see it, yet. Nothing created is moving through a so called 14 billion year old universe in size and age. The stars are in a fixed location called the firmament and move in courses like a race track above the earth.
If you are standing about 1 degree south of the equator, it is possible to see Polaris. Any further south than 1.5 degrees and you can't see it. That is because the the light passes through more atmosphere and the light is bent back toward the earth. The same principle applies to the sun and moon and stars when they cross the horizon.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia

Timmy... I said i give up, my friend

Chester

May 23, 2016
The firmament being a “fishbowl” I’m still onboard with, and I initially didn’t automatically discount the possibility of a flat Earth.

However there is truly a foolproof method to determine if we are on a flat Earth.

It’s flight time from South America to Australia or New Zealand.

It’s a mathematical equation. The amount of time would be vastly different on a globe vs a flat Earth.

I believe at the time I looked at this issue, there were available flights and testimonies from people on those flights, that prove we’d have to be on a globe.
Exactly: if the flat Earth theory were correct, then distances in the Southern hemisphere would not match parallel distances in the Northern Hemisphere.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Maybe there is a South pole and north is everywhere!?😂🤔😉

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Although this was a bit entertaining....

I've wasted way too much time reading the first 15 pages and the last page!

Sadly, that is unproductive time I'll never get back...

Shame on me.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Although this was a bit entertaining....

I've wasted way too much time reading the first 15 pages and the last page!

Sadly, that is unproductive time I'll never get back...

Shame on me.
No shame at all... Entertainment at least.

If it makes u feel any better I wasted much more time on this and actually thought it might be true...

The last 10 pages was mostly me trying to explain that your facing south when your facing the southern cross

I watched the SC every night for over 3 months, keeping tabs on it, every time I went to the toilet, with the idea that the world might actually be flat...

Now that was a real waste of time...
I was fooled

Dec 15, 2020
Curious . . . why is this concept important to you?[/QU
Firstly you wrote a wall of text that makes reading difficult.
Next your post Starts with you being arrogant and condescending by questioning people's validity as a Christian for not believing like you.
Then you proclaim the bible clearly teaches flat earth, but never at any point refer to Any scripture to back up your claim.
You accuse everyone that doesn't believe in a flat earth to be ignorant of scripture.
After you claim believing in a round earth is a salvation issue.
The you use some flawed logic to prove your point (but still not a single scripture) that is nothing new as this topic has been covered and run into the ground many, many times.
Then after that train wreck of a post you say God Bless. If you really want to bless people learn how to write a better post.

And this is why conspiracy theorists are so rarely effective. They so highly raise themselves up for seeing themselves as enlightened, and look down on everyone who doesn't see what they think they see. And it's Very Clear to see this. If you think repeating this pattern on a subject that been beat to death is going to change anyone's mind you must he off your meds.

Rather than nastily arguing non essentials why not use love (you claim to know the bible so well, go research the word) to go out and do some good for people on Genuine Need? Maybe follow the Great Commision and preach salvation to the unsaved (also in the Bible and has an Actual emphasis, unlike the shape of the earth).
Ironic that people that brag the most about their knowledge of scripture act on it the least.
So a better post will make you a believer in her views, wow for a well known user you you seem offended by her post and just open up on her. I think your a weak person that hides behind the computer screen and attack people that doesn't agree with your view point. LOL. Why comment if your going to be rude about it. Open your eyes and read the bible for what its worth...Praise God for giving you a set of eyes. o_O