To skin or not to skin.. That is the question! (How do u prefer ur chicken??) POLL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How do u prefer ur chicken?

• With Skin

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Without Skin

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I don't eat chicken

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I like the skin. It's where a lot of the faaaat is! Even the Lord likes the fat.

Leviticus 3:14-16 And he shall offer thereof his offering, even an offering made by fire unto the LORD; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards, And the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away. And the priest shall burn them upon the altar: it is the food of the offering made by fire for a sweet savour: all the fat is the LORD’S.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Skinless is the healthier choice. Beef has fat streaked throughout, so even if you trim the fat, there's more that you can't get at.

Chicken, on the other hand, has most of its fat in the skin. Peel it off, and you're pretty much free and clear, except for the odd blob of fat here and there, which easily can be removed.

So why else would you remove the skin? Let’s compare the calorie and fat count of a 4-ounce chicken breast with skin, and a 4-ounce chicken breast without skin:

*A 4-ounce chicken breast with skin has 188 calories, 49 percent of which are from fat. It contains 10.5 g total fat and 3 g of saturated fat.

*A skinless chicken breast has 118 calories, with 11 percent of calories coming from fat. It contains a mere 1.4 g of total fat and 0.4 g of saturated fat.

If you're eating low fat, it makes sense, then, to opt for skinless chicken breasts.

You can keep the skin on while cooking, and remove it before eating because the meat doesn't absorb the fat from the skin, and you will undoubtedly enjoy juicy chicken—unless you overcook it!

The downside is that you will likely lose almost all the flavor you added to the skin. All the herbs, spices, and basted juices will be for naught, so you'll end up eating plain chicken anyway. That's fine, but you probably want your skinless chicken to have some flavor as well as moisture.

Bottom line is I love the skin so much I many times opt out of all the reasoning - I simply say, well at this particular moment I will feast in heavenly fat! Tomorrow will be my logical day! As long as I (actually) have a tomorrow, then, I can stay healthy.:rolleyes:.

Thus - My answer is 50/50 split both ways.

Last edited:

slave

Mar 20, 2015
How about RAW? Anyone up for a challenge? :confused::p:cool::rolleyes:...

Chicken-Whole-Skin-Off.jpg

thumb-prehistoric_art_cavemanchompchicken_anim.gif.200.c.gif

Why do I feel the need to cloth that bird?
I feel its vulnerability!

Last edited:
T

Tinuviel

Being a chicken butcher, I came here taking the title literally XD. I prefer to skin instead of pluck. But when I'm EATING it...well, that's different. I don't care three straws. I like skin, and I like it without.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Let's see I prefer my chickens:

Dead
Plucked
Divided into parts like wing, thigh, breast, and leg (not hacked to death with a cleaver into random bony chunks)
Fully cooked
Properly seasoned

Mostly I just prefer them straight from the deli rotisserie at the grocery store, but a lot of that is for convenience sake.

NewStuff17

Dec 30, 2017
I haven't eaten chicken in ages. I was kind transitioning to veganism for a while and never went back to chicken. However, when I ate it, I wanted all of the fat. The only time I like it without the skin is when it is chopped up and to go in a dish.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Fried or BBQ'd, skin. Baked - cook with skin on, eat with skin off.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Fried chicken skin is the best part. I wish I could get a bucket of skins.

Fat is healthy food.

Feb 14, 2018
Fried chicken skin is the best part. I wish I could get a bucket of skins.

Fat is healthy food.
I believe this is a bowl of deep fried delicious fatty and oily chicken skins, just for you Tommy, with love… :D

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Definitely with skin, Either fried or baked or barbeque.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I believe this is a bowl of deep fried delicious fatty and oily chicken skins, just for you Tommy, with love… :D

Now I gotta have some of those. They look crispy and crunchy. I'll sprinkle a little salt of 'em.

slave

Mar 20, 2015

Ok, now I know who my Dad's father was! It must have be him! The guy who trained Classical Conditioning to dogs that did the very same thing I'm doing! I am salivating with drool for no apparent reason other than simply looking at this picture of skins while I heard the phone just ring!! - I can almost taste them in my mouth! That Pavlovian dude must have been my grandfather as I recon without reasoning, but rather with tainted emotional outbursts. LOL.

Classical conditioning (also known as Pavlovian or respondent conditioning) refers to a learning procedure in which a biologically potent stimulus (e.g. food) is paired with a previously neutral stimulus (e.g. a bell). It also refers to the learning process that results from this pairing, through which the neutral stimulus comes to elicit a response (e.g. salivation) that is usually similar to the one elicited by the potent stimulus.
stock-vector-vector-scared-smiley-face-18589784.jpg

th-43.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018
Ok, now I know who my Dad's father was! It must have be him! The guy who trained Classical Conditioning to dogs that did the very same thing I'm doing! I am salivating with drool for no apparent reason other than simply looking at this picture of skins while I heard the phone just ring!! - I can almost taste them in my mouth! That Pavlovian dude must have been my grandfather as I recon without reasoning, but rather with tainted emotional outbursts. LOL.

View attachment 179364

View attachment 179365
Oh my – nice HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! Love it!! :D
It’s good for dem arteries too haha! :D

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Wow - look at all of us scarfing down all these chicken skins
~ "Any one care for just one thin wafer mint at the end then? ~
:cool: LOL.

th-44.jpeg
th-43.jpeg

Aug 2, 2009
Wow - look at all of us scarfing down all these chicken skins
~ "Any one care for just one thin wafer mint at the end then? ~
:cool: LOL.

View attachment 179366
View attachment 179367

Oh gosh! I hated that scene in the top pic. Its where the guy eats so much that he literally explodes... its from the 80's. I thought it was from a tv commercial but it looks like its from Monty Python... (I'd post it but its really graphic even though its fake lol). If anyone wants to see it, search "Mr Creosote Blows Up" on youtube.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
depends on how its cooked

fried - yeh, leave it on
boiled -nah, the consistency of wet jiggly rubbery chicken skin throws me off
bbq -can go either way doesn't matter

Nov 12, 2015
Wait...you're supposed to EAT the white part...? I thought you were only supposed to eat the crispy part...