Today’s church’s misunderstandings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The church today says that the Sabbath was cancelled. As proof they tell of Mary’s discovery of the risen Christ on Sunday. It doesn’t make sense that the time of a discovery should change what God tells us He created on the seventh day, or that a time of discovering something establishes when it happened, but that is the way they think.

The Lord gave us a new covenant, one we are told makes the old covenant obsolete. The church tells us that God knew he make a mistake so he cancelled the old covenant. I guess they think that God is like them and they know they make mistakes so they say so does the Lord. As if the Lord was just another human.

The church goes on and on about the mistakes the Lord has made. They say the sacrificial system didn’t work at all for atonement of sin even though scripture tells us it did. When the blood of cattle was used to feed the Lord, like pagans fed idols and not as a symbol of Christ, God hated it so the church tells us it was a mistake of the Lord to establish it.

The church tells us OT scripture can be in error. OT scripture tells us that God guides us to praise and celebrate His plan of salvation for us with feasts for all generations. The church tells us that is an error, that the feasts are to be treated the same way cutting the foreskin is treated.

Scripture tells us to celebrate Christ with Passover, the church says God cancelled that. They made up a new way to do it and named it using pagan gods to inspire them to make up a name for this replacement.

Demons are attracted to the church, undermining it is undermining the Lord. They have done a mighty work, they will still fail in the end.

Feb 28, 2016
1PETER 1:10.
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently,
who prophesied of the Grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time The Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify,
when It testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and The Glory that should follow.

it's not popular, but Christ was very active in the OT and in the OT prophets...
as it is written:
1COR. 10:4.
And did all drink The same Spiritual drink: for they drank of that Spiritual Rock that followed them:
and that Rock was Christ.
AMEN...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The church today says that the Sabbath was cancelled. As proof they tell of Mary’s discovery of the risen Christ on Sunday. It doesn’t make sense that the time of a discovery should change what God tells us He created on the seventh day, or that a time of discovering something establishes when it happened, but that is the way they think.
More like Jesus is our Sabbath rest :) Our works do not attain salvation.

The Lord gave us a new covenant, one we are told makes the old covenant obsolete. The church tells us that God knew he make a mistake so he cancelled the old covenant. I guess they think that God is like them and they know they make mistakes so they say so does the Lord. As if the Lord was just another human.
It is Scripture that says the old is becoming obsolete. New wine in a new wineskin.

“By calling this covenant ‘new,’ he has made the first one obsolete” (Hebrews 8:13).

The Old Covenant was fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17).

“The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves” (Hebrews 10:1).

“The reality . . . is found in Christ” (Colossians 2:17).

The New Covenant involves a superior ministry, and is “established on better promises,” and is, in fact, “superior to the old” (Hebrews 8:6).

The church goes on and on about the mistakes the Lord has made. They say the sacrificial system didn’t work at all for atonement of sin even though scripture tells us it did. When the blood of cattle was used to feed the Lord, like pagans fed idols and not as a symbol of Christ, God hated it so the church tells us it was a mistake of the Lord to establish it.
It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins <- Scripture.
Jesus was purposed from before the foundation of the world. That is no mistake :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So what do you believe about the Sabbath? Do you believe Genesis 2:3 is an error or the truth?
God said to remember to keep holy the Sabbath. Wrote the command on a stone tablet with His finger. I don't believer that God used His eraser to remove that commandment. That is the only commandment that we are told to Remember.

Aug 14, 2019
God did make all things new. That erases the former creation. Jesus didn't ressurect on the seventh day. He could have done that and confirmed the former creations 7th day rest. He ressurected on the first day of the week. Much more fitting. He is Lord of the Sabbath. He makes all things new. The New Day is the first day and the 8th day. The Sabbath is an eternal reality in Christ.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Magenta, post: 4286090, member: 223505"]More like Jesus is our Sabbath rest :) Our works do not attain salvation.

Blik says: Do you think that one bible truth can cancel another bible truth?

It is Scripture that says the old is becoming obsolete. New wine in a new wineskin.
Blik says: Of course, it is truth that the Old covenant is obsolete. what it does NOT say is that it is cancelled. God is eternal, if it is cancelled then what is of God is true outside of time. It would cancel the covenant for the 4,000 years before the new covenant was given. Obsolete and cancelled are horses of completely different colors.

“By calling this covenant ‘new,’ he has made the first one obsolete” (Hebrews 8:13).

The Old Covenant was fulfilled in Christ (Matthew 5:17). n

Blik says: When something if fulfilled it is not saying it is over and done with. The word fulfilled has nothing to do with the word cancelled. Jesus fulfilled everything said of Him in the OT, now we USE what Christ did for us. We no not throw out Christ because he fulfilled.

“The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves” (Hebrews 10:1).

Blik says: We are to know of what is the reality, but we do not throw out all the guidance of the Lord based on that the Lord says the law is reality.

“The reality . . . is found in Christ” (Colossians 2:17).

The New Covenant involves a superior ministry, and is “established on better promises,” and is, in fact, “superior to the old” (Hebrews 8:6).
Blik says: Are you saying again that by one bible truth it cancels another bible truth?

It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins <- Scripture.

Again you are giving a bible truth, so? Are you saying that God gave the sacrificial system in error? Was it a symbol of Christ as scripture says or was it only the blood of animals?
Jesus was purposed from before the foundation of the world. That is no mistake :)

Blik says: Again you are giving a bible truth.[/QUOTE]

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

The church tells us OT scripture can be in error. OT scripture tells us that God guides us to praise and celebrate His plan of salvation for us with feasts for all generations. The church tells us that is an error, that the feasts are to be treated the same way cutting the foreskin is treated.

Scripture tells us to celebrate Christ with Passover, the church says God cancelled that. They made up a new way to do it and named it using pagan gods to inspire them to make up a name for this replacement.

Demons are attracted to the church, undermining it is undermining the Lord. They have done a mighty work, they will still fail in the end.
The church thinks all this? Do you mean the church as a whole or your church? because if it as a whole that is very concerning and honestly doesn't even make sense

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The church thinks all this? Do you mean the church as a whole or your church? because if it as a whole that is very concerning and honestly doesn't even make sense
The true church with it's members who know the Lord is Holy and praise and believe Him, who only listen to the Holy Spirit and search for truth is not the church I am speaking of. It is the doctrines that are accepted as truth but are not truth that I am speaking of, and yes. I am very concerned. I am hoping that posts will prove me wrong about false doctrines.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The true church with it's members who know the Lord is Holy and praise and believe Him, who only listen to the Holy Spirit and search for truth is not the church I am speaking of. It is the doctrines that are accepted as truth but are not truth that I am speaking of, and yes. I am very concerned. I am hoping that posts will prove me wrong about false doctrines.
I am afraid no amount of posts will be able to prove you wrong because you are not wrong. False doctrines are very common withing the church the enemy is a clever one he knows the meaning of the wheat and the chaff parable. Wheat and chaff look similar but are not the same and in the same way the truth vs false doctriens are like that.
It is as you said only the true church who listens to his voice and only his voice knows the truth the issue is that not a whole lot of people know his voice that well which is why it is one of my favorite topics not just because it is something I am passionate about but because of how extremely vital it is.

R

Reformyourself

“What is truth”

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
You should not have favorites in a church because it always ends bad. :(

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
? what do you mean favorites?
I mean pastors and ministers not to mention worship leaders and worship choirs the people you see up on stage those people come and go don’t be fooled.

CS1

May 23, 2012

really we have services on Sunday because that is the day of the week Jesus Rose from the dead. WE Preach arisen Lord not a dead one.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Truth is scripture. We can check our understanding of scripture easily because every word is truth. If we find any contradictions in scripture then we know there is something we don't understand and it is time for us to study it with more of the Holy Spirit and wisdom.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I mean pastors and ministers not to mention worship leaders and worship choirs the people you see up on stage those people come and go don’t be fooled.
Oh I see, well the thing with people like that especially someone who is meant to guide and help lead his flock is maybe people do look up to them to much because I once went to a sermon to try a church out and this pastor was one of those if you sin at all you are not saved kind of preachers and there were children with their families listening to this.

I stood up and confronted him about all of this especially with those children being there and he demanded I leave and repent for my sins for attacking the truth the entire church even sided with him without having any thought to all I said.

If people do not know how to take everything with a grain of salt and blindly follow a leader then well... yeah....