Today’s church’s misunderstandings

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
You claim that "all of God's laws have a base of love". Tell me: how is the LAW requiring a woman suspected of infidelity to drink poison based on love? How is the LAW requiring the slaughter of animals based on love? How is the LAW requiring physical mutilation of males based on love?

Blik, your understanding of the whole of Scripture is flawed because you don't understand the nature of the old and new covenants. They are DISTINCT. You cannot be under both. God's law as given through Moses is a time-limited component of His plan to bring forth the Messiah. Only by treating the old covenant law as a smorgasbord can you maintain your position. In truth, you are either under the whole thing, as both Paul and James state, or you are under none of it.
And I think your understanding of scripture is flawed through not accepting that all scripture comes from the Lord and the Lord created our world. I thank the Lord, what it says can be trusted to express all the Lord's attributes that are given in the Psalms. It is up to us to find the love that is an attribute of the Lord when we read such as the killing of animals. That one is simple, and explained in Isaiah. God gave blood on the altar, and it takes the sacrifice of blood for the atonement of souls, as God gave His son for our salvation. God hates the blood of animals, but loves us so wants us to repent of the sins that kills, and gave blood to attain that. Liv. 17:11.

To you, the Lord made a mistake with the old covenants and destroyed them. I do not think that God could do that and still be the God explained in Psalms. If God is not eternal, dependable, and to be trusted completely we are in deep trouble. Then God could change at any time. God gave a better covenant, so there are things about the old covenant that are not needed by us any longer, are obsolete. It is up to us to check on what in the old testament is obsolete.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
And I think your understanding of scripture is flawed through not accepting that all scripture comes from the Lord and the Lord created our world.
Try supporting your ridiculous accusations with actual evidence. I believe both Genesis 1:1 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

To you, the Lord made a mistake with the old covenants and destroyed them.
More silly, empty accusations.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Try supporting your ridiculous accusations with actual evidence. I believe both Genesis 1:1 and 2 Timothy 3:16.

More silly, empty accusations.
You accuse me of having flawed understanding, and when I answer that you simply say I am ridiculous (accusing me?) and do not support something or other. Wow!!!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You accuse me of having flawed understanding, and when I answer that you simply say I am ridiculous (accusing me?) and do not support something or other. Wow!!!
YOU accused ME of "not accepting that all scripture comes from the Lord and the Lord created our world"... which has no basis whatsoever in fact and has no relevance to this conversation.

I did not say you are ridiculous; I said your accusations are ridiculous.

You constantly play the victim, but you also constantly misquote others and accuse them without warrant. That's the behaviour of a hypocrite.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
so, which one of the 10 books that you claim you have read ( but won't revel ) told you this little gem??
Not one, all 23....
Covenant People by Tony Morton
The Radical Christian by Arthur Wallis
Kingdom Now by Gerald Coates
The Expansion of Christianity by Timothy Yates
Going To Church in the First Century by Robert Banks
Radical Church History by Roger Forster
A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
An Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers
As Sure as the Dawn by Francine Rivers
Biblical Eldership by Alexander Strauch
A History of the Jewish People in the Time of Christ (5 vol) Emil Schurer D.D. M.A.
History of the Christian Church (8 vol) by Philip Schaff

And the word is reveal, not revel.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
This is PATENTLY FALSE. The first day of the week is called "the morrow after the sabbath". And it applied to both the Feast of First Fruits (which prefigured the resurrection of Christ) and the Feast of Pentecost (which prefigured the harvest of souls after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit).

The first day of the week is called "the Lord's Day" (Rev 1:10) in Scripture since it is distinct from the 7th day sabbath. It is in fact the 8th day of the week, and the number 8 stands for a New Creation. Thus circumcision was to be done on the 8th day. However the Lord's Day signifies that (1) the Lord rose again on the first day of the week, and thereby established His Lordship over not only the power of death, but the entire universe. Thus the Lord's death is remembered in the Lord's Supper, which is set upon the Lord's Table on the first day of the week (when the disciples met to "Break Bread").
And where is you evidence for what you have claimed and in case you did not know, there are only seven days in a week, not eight.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
YOU accused ME of "not accepting that all scripture comes from the Lord and the Lord created our world"... which has no basis whatsoever in fact and has no relevance to this conversation.

You constantly play the victim, but you also constantly misquote others and accuse them without warrant. That's the behaviour of a hypocrite.
You say that the old covenant is cancelled. I didn't mean to accuse you of not listening to the Lord, in my post it does sound that way. I am sorry. I wanted to bring out that the Lord gave the old covenant, and if we listen to the Lord we acknowledge that it came from the Lord. The Lord stays the same always, so it seems to me that if the Lord stays the same, the old covenant could not be cancelled. I feel so sure that it was improved, and the new covenant made some things about it obsolete, but God didn't take back what He said in the old covenant.

Just as you and others may say that you believe it was cancelled, I should be able to state that I believe it was not cancelled, and why I think that.

I should think that as Christians together, we should be able to discuss scripture together without these blame, fighting games. Hypocrite?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Not one, all 23....
A History of the Jewish People in the Time of Christ (5 vol) Emil Schurer D.D. M.A.

Thanks so much for this list. In order to find this information I have ordered histories through the library, being sure of the credentials of the authors., but I didn't keep a list of the histories I read. They all said the same things you are saying.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Not one, all 23....

Why is it boring CS1? I was asked for a list and that is what I gave. If you don't like me being co-operative, perhaps this is not the place for you. And I wonder why you need to repeat your feelings twice?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Why is it boring CS1? I was asked for a list and that is what I gave. If you don't like me being co-operative, perhaps this is not the place for you. And I wonder why you need to repeat your feelings twice?
I just finished reading "Going to Church in the First Century by Banks. It is on the net in full. It was like sitting through their service, I am blessed. I've sent for some of the other books, what a wonderful list of books.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

since i was the main one asking for a list of books, thanks for posting it.

CS1

May 23, 2012
items clear my feeling are not the issue but for you an ultra sensitive , it is. you remove the :) and place with a :( lol

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
items clear my feeling are not the issue but for you an ultra sensitive , it is. you remove the :) and place with a :( lol
1. Items clear my feeling????

2. As I am autistic, I am not ultra-sensitive.

3. I didn't remove anything.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Sorry CS1 it is not old as I have only just posted the list.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
since i was the main one asking for a list of books, thanks for posting it.
Yes, I apologize for not doing so originally. My mind was elsewhere and when atheists ask for sources I know that they are not interested in sources, only another opportunity to get back at you with some childish comment. I have to learn to shut off one and concentrate on the other.

CS1

May 23, 2012
1. Items clear my feeling????

2. As I am autistic, I am not ultra-sensitive.

3. I didn't remove anything.
so you are autistic? and you think that is a reason for you to be rude? my uncle is Autistic and he is not a rude person. Nor does he say HE is autistic or use ASD to be rude. You are an insult to those who have ASD. IF you know you have ASD then you know right from wrong, and therefore make's you fake.

L

lenna

well nigh impossible to discuss when a person goes from 'I am the only one who understands scripture' to 'you do not understand scripture' to 'nobody loves me and you are a meanie'

shrugs

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
so you are autistic? and you think that is a reason for you to be rude? my uncle is Autistic and he is not a rude person. Nor does he say HE is autistic or use ASD to be rude. You are an insult to those who have ASD. IF you know you have ASD then you know right from wrong, and therefore make's you fake.
FYI, autism manifests in MANY different ways. Your uncle's experience and behaviour are in no way normative for people with autism. There is a wide variety of effects, which is why it's now called autism spectrum disorder.

Feb 28, 2016
ever compare the behaviours of today with those in the Bible and that they didn't give
'excuses or (letter abbreviations) for them???
a rotten apple is a rotten apple -
a spoiled or neglected child is nothing more than a spoiled/neglected child -
an entitled person is nothing more that an entitled person, who ..... on everyone that they don't like,
or who disagrees with them, HELLO!!! -
self-centered, self-serving, selfish, etc.,need not man-made-up-letters' or 'excuses' to describe what they really are!!!,
they are, 'the children of darkness'...

people, get REAL, take responsibility for yourselves and the way that you 'behave'!!!
next, after the letters, they will be blaming Jesus for their 'un-godly-behaviours'...