Today I asked the internet....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
We all do it. Have a random question we want the answer too and so turn to the internet to get a quick answer. So just for fun, I'm inviting everyone to post their random questions or anything else they searched for (and the answers).

So today I asked the internet:

How many cups in a pound of dog food? ( 4 cups per pound for most dry brands)

Where did cottage cheese get its name? ( The term 'cottage cheese' is believed to have originated because the cheese was generally made in cottages from milk left over, after making butter. )

What burgers does Wendy's have on the menu? (Doesn't matter because though it sounded really good I decided to behave and good up an italian dish that I'll eat for dinner all week)

How about you? What have you all asked the internet today?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Today? I don't think ...*Checks history* yeah nothing today.

Yesterday I had inhaled fumes from sanitizer irritate my lungs and cause a cough or two and that reminded me of a previous job I had where the same thing happened. Hmm...so after a bit of searching I found an article where apparently you can get workplace asthma from some sanitizers. Not everyone gets it but it "can" affect some people. So essentially just avoid it when the fumes are there and don't breath/ignore it.

This came in useful today as somehow it came up in conversation and this is something that happens to a coworker of my stepdad at school and maybe there are some options for this person. At least perhaps it's a possibility to ask for an alternate sanitizer and to do the research on what may be a substitute.

#2? I think this was that day or perhaps the day before but it had to do with looking up whether hoarseness/vocal strength had to do with dehydration and what are symptoms of vocal damage and general voice care. Vocal aging (since I'm coming up on 30)...lots of random info and I learned about a procedure to take pictures of my vocal cords. Laryngoscopicpicture? Not what it's actually called but it gets me in the ballpark I expect.

Usually I have to think a bit on "how" to search something unless it's a simple q/a which is less common.

Not too exciting but I like the thread idea and will try and input more in a week or so lol...just gotta wait long enough so there isn't some bias :p

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I will play along......

Who created the internet?

Answer: Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf.

Computer scientists Vinton Cerf and Bob Kahn are credited with inventing the Internet communication protocols we use today and the system referred to as the Internet.

Did Al Gore create the internet?

Al Gore is a former US Senator who served as the Vice President of the United States from 1993 to 2001. In the 1980s and 1990s, he promoted legislation that funded an expansion of the ARPANET, allowing greater public access, and helping to develop the Internet. -wikipedia

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
What have you all asked the internet today?
Funny you should ask.

I usually watch a few YouTube videos before trying to fall asleep. One of my current favorite shows is hosted by a young Jewish woman, and in tonight's video, she was demonstrating how to make homemade Matzo for her family's Seder Passover meal. I was curious because my family has attended a few Seder dinners in the past.

I thought it was especially cool because the channel itself is not at all Christian, but she has a series in which she prepares some of her family's traditional Jewish recipes while explaining the Bible stories behind each one. In this episode, she was briefly explaining the Passover, which is one of my very favorite Bible stories.

One of the things that's always intrigued me is that God chose to spare Israel from some of the 10 Plagues, and I was curious to see if I could find a list of which ones right off the bat on the internet.

I'm someone who's always curious at what suggested auto-fill answers will come up while typing as few words as possible, so I was shocked when all I typed was, "What plagues," and the top auto-fill answers came back as:

1. What plagues affected the Israelite, and
2. What plagues could the magicians do.

I was thrilled by this because I was under the impression that Google auto-fill results are the most popular questions everyone online is asking. I thought it was so cool that apparently, a whole lot of people were asking about a Bible story.

So then I typed in: "What determines Google autofill," and this answer came up:

"Your search history affects Google Autocomplete suggestions. The results you see in Google Autocomplete will be personalized for you. The first two comes from your own search data, followed by the rest that is ranked based on popularity and relevancy."

D'oh. So I guess it gave me those answers mainly because of my own search history.

And here I thought these were the questions everyone else in the general population was asking, too. :cautious:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I do the daily quiz at work with staff but I dont ask the internet unless the answer given underneath is like what are you sure?
So I might ask the internet to confim my suspicions that its wrong lol

Today we got 7/10 which wasnt too bad.

I can tell you that Beethovens first name was Ludwig and the capital of Uruguay is Montevideo.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I googled "What are beef tips?"

See there's this grocery store where the deli runs a lunch bar, one-meat-three-veggies plate lunch thing. Next day they sell the leftovers really cheap. I found three quarts of beef tips there. I've never had beef tips before, but it looked like a lot of meat and a bit of bell pepper, and it was two bucks a quart, so I snapped them up.

They were cheap, delicious and now I know a bit more about meat processing practices. Double win.

Aug 2, 2009
Last night I asked how to record drums and a song playing on the computer at the same time with a program called Voicemeeter. I figured it out but I still have to download the song I want and add silence in the beginning so I have time to get to my drums before it starts playing.
Funny you should ask.

I usually watch a few YouTube videos before trying to fall asleep. One of my current favorite shows is hosted by a young Jewish woman, and in tonight's video, she was demonstrating how to make homemade Matzo for her family's Seder Passover meal. I was curious because my family has attended a few Seder dinners in the past.

I thought it was especially cool because the channel itself is not at all Christian, but she has a series in which she prepares some of her family's traditional Jewish recipes while explaining the Bible stories behind each one. In this episode, she was briefly explaining the Passover, which is one of my very favorite Bible stories.

One of the things that's always intrigued me is that God chose to spare Israel from some of the 10 Plagues, and I was curious to see if I could find a list of which ones right off the bat on the internet.

I'm someone who's always curious at what suggested auto-fill answers will come up while typing as few words as possible, so I was shocked when all I typed was, "What plagues," and the top auto-fill answers came back as:

I was thrilled by this because I was under the impression that Google auto-fill results are the most popular questions everyone online is asking. I thought it was so cool that apparently, a whole lot of people were asking about a Bible story.

"Your search history affects Google Autocomplete suggestions. The results you see in Google Autocomplete will be personalized for you. The first two comes from your own search data, followed by the rest that is ranked based on popularity and relevancy."

D'oh. So I guess it gave me those answers mainly because of my own search history.

And here I thought these were the questions everyone else in the general population was asking, too. :cautious:
Yes, google probably knows more about us then we know about us.

Mar 4, 2020
If you type "who is the way the truth and the life?" into Google, all of the top results quote Jesus. :cool:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
If you type "who is the way the truth and the life?" into Google, all of the top results quote Jesus. :cool:
Wonder what would happen if you were a little more generic like way of truth and life ? And google says yep still lots of John 14:6 references (at least for me, but google probably knows I'm christian by now).

Aug 2, 2009
Oops I didn't mean to post that part on the top. I was deciding on whether to post it, but forgot to delete it before quoting Seoul.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
According to Doc Brown, radioactive substances can be bought these days at any corner drugstore.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I asked it what phone phreak is.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Funny you should ask.

I love matzo balls. Mmm...feeling hungry now

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I saw some kids asked the internet in my library

'how do you know if God is real?'

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Today I asked the internet (youtube), What is the easiest way to make 'toad in the hole'.