Today's announcement is official. President Trump names Judge Amy Coney Barrett as his Supreme Court nominee news video

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That was an excellent choice. What the Senate Republicans should do now (under the current anarchist circumstances) is take a vote immediately and confirm Barrett without subjecting her to Democratic attacks.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
President Trump announced Judge Amy Coney Barrett as a Supreme Court nominee, which will allow him to put a historic conservative stamp on the high court. https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...minee/65-ecfef2fa-4f19-4d2f-a9f7-d7a9113966e3
The liberals and main stream media are already posturing their biased attacks given their concerns for a 6-3 Conservative Supreme Court advantage for potential to overturn such issues as Roe v Wade and ObamaCare...
Amy Coney Barrett’s Children: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
1. Former Notre Dame Law School Students & Graduates Called Barrett’s Raising of Seven Children ‘a Remarkable Feat’
2. Barrett’s Three Oldest Daughters Accompanied Her to Her Confirmation Hearing
3. Amy Barrett is Raising a Special Needs Child
4. Amy Barrett, Her Husband & Their Family Are Devout Catholics Who Belong to a Community Called ‘People of Praise’
5. Jesse M. Barrett Met His Wife in Law School (He has a Law Practice & Yes they have a Baby Sitter to help)

Liberals Go After Amy Coney Barrett By Attacking Her Adopted Children

‘The dogma lives loudly within you’: Revisiting Barrett’s confirmation hearing.
A remark from Senator Dianne Feinstein during Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Court of Appeals confirmation hearing in 2017 became a badge of defiance for conservatives battling what they saw as anti-religion bias by Democratic lawmakers.
“The dogma lives loudly within you,” Ms. Feinstein, Democrat of California, said at the time.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Feinstein. Consider the source. Sour angry radical feminist Democrat attacking a Catholic judge is not really a surprise given DF's record. The full deplorable sentence was, 'The dogma lives loudly within you, and that's a concern' .
That observation, question even, imparts a religious litmus test into the confirmation hearing of two years ago. If it arises in these SCOTUS confirmation hearings that's unconstitutional.

Interesting in questioning Barrett's Catholic faith DF thinks we forget she was raised in a Jewish Catholic home. And attended a Roman Catholic school and a Jewish temple. Making her remarks absurd and hypocritical and self-incriminating.

And attacking the adoption of Judge Barrett's children is as low as one can go I'd think. Of course, it is that prong of attack that media can exploit too. The anonymous source, or a unnamed staffer said....
When in reality stories that include those type of forewarning could very well be the article journalist themselves publishing hate filled words against someone they despise. And using the anonymous source as a mask for their agenda.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I've encountered bigotry toward Catholics while reading some of the boards here. I'd suggest if any Christian is for the nomination of Judge Barrett they may wish to consider she is a Catholic. Does that make a difference to Christians here when she is also pro-life?

Hot Air/New York Times
NYT: Maybe A Little Anti-Catholicism Is A Good Thing When It Comes To Barrett
Just hours before Donald Trump will presumably announce his nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, the New York Times pushed out this attempt to rehab attacks on Barrett over her Catholic faith. Give Elizabeth Bruenig this much credit — she manages to front-load the debunking of attacks on Barrett over the false People of Praise/”Handmaid’s Tale” connection. Dianne Feinstein’s comment, “the dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s of concern,” is called infamous.
However, all that is mere predicate to declare attacks on Catholicism fair game in a confirmation hearing, because of its “fundamental conflict” with “the American ethos”:

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I've encountered bigotry toward Catholics while reading some of the boards here. I'd suggest if any Christian is for the nomination of Judge Barrett they may wish to consider she is a Catholic. Does that make a difference to Christians here when she is also pro-life?

Hot Air/New York Times
NYT: Maybe A Little Anti-Catholicism Is A Good Thing When It Comes To Barrett
Just hours before Donald Trump will presumably announce his nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, the New York Times pushed out this attempt to rehab attacks on Barrett over her Catholic faith. Give Elizabeth Bruenig this much credit — she manages to front-load the debunking of attacks on Barrett over the false People of Praise/”Handmaid’s Tale” connection. Dianne Feinstein’s comment, “the dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s of concern,” is called infamous.
However, all that is mere predicate to declare attacks on Catholicism fair game in a confirmation hearing, because of its “fundamental conflict” with “the American ethos”:
Hoping that "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend" plays out here for True Christians to embrace a Pro-life Christian-Conservative nomination whose ethos are wedded to upholding the constitution and the rule of law...

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Hoping that "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend" plays out here for True Christians to embrace a Pro-life Christian-Conservative nomination whose ethos are wedded to upholding the constitution and the rule of law...
I don't know how Churchill's maxim fits this but I too hope Judge Barrett ascends through the process and is sworn in to the supreme court.

T

TheIndianGirl

She is lucky/blessed to have a VERY supportive husband, a Christian man, who lets her pursue a career such as this despite having seven children.

Sep 24, 2020
That was an excellent choice. What the Senate Republicans should do now (under the current anarchist circumstances) is take a vote immediately and confirm Barrett without subjecting her to Democratic attacks.
That's exactly what they should do because holding hearings and letting democrats grandstand won't change a single democrat vote. Although Kamala Harris may cause her & Joe Biden more damage if she shows her hateful side.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Let the democrats have a little rope, give them a couple hours of attacks on Amy Barrett, then pull the trap door on the noose and call for a vote?

Gotta let the world watch (y)

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
That's exactly what they should do because holding hearings and letting democrats grandstand won't change a single democrat vote. Although Kamala Harris may cause her & Joe Biden more damage if she shows her hateful side.
She will. Mike Pence is going to thrash her at the VP debate. And when he shows he has more political acumen than herself, she'll let her true side come out. Just as she did when on the campaign trail with other candidate hopefuls and they debated the issues as a group of Democrats. She showed no respect for her fellow party members. Imagine how she'll go off on the Republican VP when she thinks she has a chance of taking his seat.

Just one example.
Proverbs 18:3 “When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.”

Harris is for abortion at any term. Even post birth. For people with a conscience that's known as Infanticide.

October 15, 2019
Kamala Harris brought up the most-ignored policy issue in the Democratic debates so far
Reproductive rights finally got a moment.

Meet The Rioting Criminals Kamala Harris Helped Bail Out Of Jail
AUGUST 31, 2020

Sep 24, 2020
She will. Mike Pence is going to thrash her at the VP debate. And when he shows he has more political acumen than herself, she'll let her true side come out. Just as she did when on the campaign trail with other candidate hopefuls and they debated the issues as a group of Democrats. She showed no respect for her fellow party members. Imagine how she'll go off on the Republican VP when she thinks she has a chance of taking his seat.

Just one example.
Proverbs 18:3 “When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.”

Harris is for abortion at any term. Even post birth. For people with a conscience that's known as Infanticide.

October 15, 2019
Kamala Harris brought up the most-ignored policy issue in the Democratic debates so far
Reproductive rights finally got a moment.

Meet The Rioting Criminals Kamala Harris Helped Bail Out Of Jail
AUGUST 31, 2020
Kamala Harris has hopes of taking more than just the vice president seat. She knows Old Joe has had I believe 3 strokes. He can't even handle the stress of campaigning. So she is ready to go for the presidency, make no mistake. She is every bit as bad as Hillary Clinton.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Kamala Harris has hopes of taking more than just the vice president seat. She knows Old Joe has had I believe 3 strokes. He can't even handle the stress of campaigning. So she is ready to go for the presidency, make no mistake. She is every bit as bad as Hillary Clinton.
They were brain aneurysms , not strokes though aneurysm can lead to a stroke.

Yes, I agree she likely knows she'd enter the office of president shortly after the swearing in and due to Joe's infirmity. Then the question becomes, who would be her VP pick?

But I'm not going there. I'm praying Trump wins in a landslide. And the Republican party takes the majority in Congress,as in both the House and the Senate.
What a blessing that would be. Majority Republicans in SCOTUS & a Republican president and majority in Congress. Then we can bring America back even more than Trump already had prior to the Dem's collusion with this Corona virus conspiracy.

And another answer to prayer would be if the majority of blue states now turned out to be red after the election. Not purple, red!

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Also, we have to take into account Harris' record well before she was in Congress. Can you imagine the mentality of someone who wants to jail parents because their kids skip school? That's Kamala Harris! How is a parent to know their kid didn't make it to school? If the parent works, they trust the child got on the bus and went to school. But when they didn't the parent gets arrested in Kamala's world? Yes! And she bragged about it and even laughed. But we're suppose to forget this happened because it was years ago? I remember the news when it happened. She did this when she had that little bit of power. Imagine our nation if she were to become its president. (Hello, Iceland air? Do you charter?:LOL: )

January 2009 Kamala Harris as San Francisco DA.

Kamala Harris Wants Us To Forget That Her Truancy Law Put Parents In Jail

Kamala Harris Offers a Crappy Apology to Parents Who Went to Jail Because Their Kids Missed School
Harris supported a truancy law that listed jail time as a punishment for parents.
JOE SETYON | 4.17.2019

Kamala Harris Spins Facts on Truancy Law
By Eugene Kiely
Posted on May 14, 2019

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
She seems to be highly qualified... and I think I'm getting old because I've never found a supreme court justice nominee attractive until now..:oops:

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I agree, Kamala is the Presedential hopeful not Biden.

Sep 24, 2020
They were brain aneurysms , not strokes though aneurysm can lead to a stroke.

Yes, I agree she likely knows she'd enter the office of president shortly after the swearing in and due to Joe's infirmity. Then the question becomes, who would be her VP pick?

But I'm not going there. I'm praying Trump wins in a landslide. And the Republican party takes the majority in Congress,as in both the House and the Senate.
What a blessing that would be. Majority Republicans in SCOTUS & a Republican president and majority in Congress. Then we can bring America back even more than Trump already had prior to the Dem's collusion with this Corona virus conspiracy.

And another answer to prayer would be if the majority of blue states now turned out to be red after the election. Not purple, red!
Totally agree that we must pray that Trump wins in a landslide and we take the house away from Nancy Pelosi who is a walking disaster.