Tolkien Nerd Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jenny23

I just bought the Hobbit for my school library realising they only have the graphic novel version. Which is really old.

But I didnt like the movie they made of it. Too long! And I have been to Hobbiton.

Does this make me a tolkien nerd? I live not far from middle earth.

My only complaint is there arent enough female characters. Its like the smurfs. All these boy smurfs and only one smurfette.
Affirmative on the Tolkien nerd.

J

Jenny23

I've amended your title to Countess of the Books Thread and Keeper of Phishing Scams.
You must know this is not treachery, and I am a verifiable countess. I'm sure other members would attest to this. But I propose the amendment be Countess of the Books Thread and Keeper of The King's Jewels.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Very well, I'll let your peers decide. Summon the elector counts! Except for @Sackcloth-N-Ashes. He can muck the stalls.

If you're interested in nonsense like this, you should check out the Republic of Sealand website. Yes, you too can become a Duke or Duchess of a WWII fortification for only $750.00. https://www.sealandgov.org/shop/

You must know this is not treachery, and I am a verifiable countess. I'm sure other members would attest to this. But I propose the amendment be Countess of the Books Thread and Keeper of The King's Jewels.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
And bringing things back to Tolkien, one of my favorite parts in ROTK was when the Gondorian Army assembles to fight Gondor. Tolkien describes the lords and their retinues. Some quaint feudalism they didn't feature in the movies.

J

Jenny23

And bringing things back to Tolkien, one of my favorite parts in ROTK was when the Gondorian Army assembles to fight Gondor. Tolkien describes the lords and their retinues. Some quaint feudalism they didn't feature in the movies.
I don't see how any of it was unrelated to Tolkien. ;)

One of my favorite parts about the Hobbit was the alliteration Tolkien used. Biblo Baggins, Belladonna Baggins, Bungo Baggins. I mean, who doesn't love that?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
And yet his world is so fully realized, even fun, silly things like that are still believable.

I don't see how any of it was unrelated to Tolkien. ;)

One of my favorite parts about the Hobbit was the alliteration Tolkien used. Biblo Baggins, Belladonna Baggins, Bungo Baggins. I mean, who doesn't love that?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I, as a rule, dont wear rings.

If I did I would want it to have invisible making powers and maybe I would go round saying its my precioussss. Then it would be the perfect excuse to go on a long road trip barefoot to an active volcano and chuck it in.

Who is with me?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
No! I'm the kind of guy who takes an oath against the gods to recover his jewells.

I, as a rule, dont wear rings.

If I did I would want it to have invisible making powers and maybe I would go round saying its my precioussss. Then it would be the perfect excuse to go on a long road trip barefoot to an active volcano and chuck it in.

Who is with me?