TONGUES is a precious gift from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
FYI 300 years ago majority doesn't Trump the Word of Jesus Acts 1:8 is authoritative not your opinion of the last 300 years. I find it funny you say Baptism in the Holy Spirit because Jesus said You shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come UPON you to be my witnesses. YOu mock and scoff the gifts of the Holy Spirit, be my guest.
I didn't say that a majority of anything trumps the words of Jesus. I was responding to a comment by yourself when you reacted to a comment I made to another poster. Context is king in linguistics not option. What I said and no more is that the gospel was spread to vast regions of the earth by men and women who had never received a baptism of the Holy Spirit - and certainly never did speak in tongues - other than learning the language of the region they were sent to. It is a contextual linguistic narrative that asserts that they clearly had some power else they could NOT have led anyone to Christ. Context is king - not opinion in any written or spoken word.

FaithMan

Mar 26, 2014
I am not hidden. My name is Robert Chisholm and my profile picture is of myself. That's not hidden is it? Like I said - what have I to do with you?

Haha! Have the same hair and beard, except I look more like Santa Claus.

One would have to assume that telling another to climb down from a great height carefully is an admonition to them controlling themselves. It can scarcely be a means to control them can it? Are you quite certain your grandfather was a Welshman. Bless and all - but he clearly didn't pass on his superior genes - and the Brythonic art of oratory.

And what is it with you telling me and the forum that I have a kind of control which I try to exercise over others? You inferred that once before and then told me I was exaggerating when I said it. Well at least folks can pray for you now to be removed from this especial effect despite that you say that you refuse it. I refuse many things sister - but some things I refuse more zealously than others and this is an instance of it. So I say again - what have I to do with you?

S

SophieT

"Rhomphaeam, post: 4749430, member: 312693"]I am not hidden. My name is Robert Chisholm and my profile picture is of myself. That's not hidden is it? Like I said - what have I to do with you?

One would have to assume that telling another to climb down from a great height carefully is an admonition to them controlling themselves. It can scarcely be a means to control them can it? Are you quite certain your grandfather was a Welshman. Bless and all - but he clearly didn't pass on his superior genes - and the Brythonic art of oratory.

he was in the military during WWII and immigrated to Canada afterwards....see how you assume things? you really are quite the spreader of manufactured manure. this man no doubt fighting for your freedom so that you can blah blah blah on

And what is it with you telling me and the forum that I have a kind of control which I try to exercise over others? You inferred that once before and then told me I was exaggerating when I said it. Well at least folks can pray for you now to be removed from this especial effect despite that you say that you refuse it. I refuse many things sister - but some things I refuse more zealously than others and this is an instance of it. So I say again - what have I to do with you?

you make remarks about the op that suggest she speaks from a false spirit. you do not even know her. yet, you admonish her. you have tried to direct the narrative in this thread..as if you don't know... and adjusted the topic to you and your supposed insight into all things spiritual

you sum up this thread as a refusal of recognizing the Jezebel spirit and half the people in this forum don't know what you are talking about.

. What I see in this thread is nothing more than refusing that reality of a Jezebelic effect predicated on the very same meaning that existed in Israel during the time of Ahab.
those are your words ... so perhaps ask yourself what you have to do with this thread and this forum

perhaps recognize the spirit you operate out of yourself. this is the Bible Discussion Forum and you have not discussed the Bible or its contents regarding the op...speaking in tongues

you have discussed people and accused people and presented your video and the Welsh revival over and over so you are right. you would have nothing to do with me or anyone else who points out the way you manipulate

S

SophieT

It’s time for @RAWisconsin to be free in Christ from the law of works and condemnation….when a person struggles with thoughts of being “worthy”, they are being spiritually attacked by a demonic spirit of religion that is condemning them with self critical judgments which keeps them in bondage of never feeling worthy.

It is important to remind them that they are forgiven and loved and accepted in Christ.

Jesus Christ came to set RAWisconsin FREE from ANY AND ALL condemnation and he is to walk in newness of Life and freely receive ALL his Heavenly Father wants to give him, amen! :love:(y)

there are so many actual believers that are bound, believing themselves to be unworthy and there is one that condemns but it is not Christ who died for us and by His blood set us free to live with NO condemnation

The Holy Spirit does not condemn a believer...although He certainly will and does correct

I don't know why the person who responded to you so negatively took such offense. but you are right in stating that emphasis on who we are in Christ is needed and people have been badly taught and respond with guilt rather than a spirit that is accepting of what God has done for them through Christ

Christians are in bondage to people in many cases, but in Christ we are not so. Those in Christ need to reject those who try to lord it over them and control them through fear or other machinations not of God

we should have and could have addressed speaking in tongues per scripture

so I ask again, why do all attempts at decent conversation and biblical truth, concerning tongues, go off track and often with only one person presenting the difficulty from whatever pulpit it is they think they are preaching from

that, is a rhetorical question

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
"Rhomphaeam, post: 4749430, member: 312693"]I am not hidden. My name is Robert Chisholm and my profile picture is of myself. That's not hidden is it? Like I said - what have I to do with you?

he was in the military during WWII and immigrated to Canada afterwards....see how you assume things? you really are quite the spreader of manufactured manure. this man no doubt fighting for your freedom so that you can blah blah blah on

you make remarks about the op that suggest she speaks from a false spirit. you do not even know her. yet, you admonish her. you have tried to direct the narrative in this thread..as if you don't know... and adjusted the topic to you and your supposed insight into all things spiritual

you sum up this thread as a refusal of recognizing the Jezebel spirit and half the people in this forum don't know what you are talking about.

those are your words ... so perhaps ask yourself what you have to do with this thread and this forum

perhaps recognize the spirit you operate out of yourself. this is the Bible Discussion Forum and you have not discussed the Bible or its contents regarding the op...speaking in tongues

you have discussed people and accused people and presented your video and the Welsh revival over and over so you are right. you would have nothing to do with me or anyone else who points out the way you manipulate
What I have said in this bible discussion forum is plain to see and whilst you are free to say just whatsoever you wish to say - I am also free to make relevant or if necessary off hand comments in proportion to what is said by others and has a spiritual meaning or what I receive that is clearly fleshy and demeaning. I said before hand - save yourself the effort of trying to incite me to a measure by which you or anyone else is equipped with a means to close down what I have said that is both clear and meaningful to the discussion. As to your grandfather - you raised him in context of sowing an offence - I raised him in context of his heredity as a Welshman and stated that you appear to have not inherited his heredity. Don't play with words sister - it won't work with myself and so save yourself the effort.

As to what I said in the opening comment I made to the thread opening comment - that too is also visible. Do you believe that by quoting me you can alter what I have said or its meaning? I know what I said and I stand by it. That some others may not know what I have said is a matter for them and cannot be a matter for myself. It is a matter for them and the Lord. So raise a cry to the Father and ask Him to judge what I have said and you have my name to invoke your lamentation. I do not serve you - I serve the Lord. I do not account to you - and whilst I accept that in a moderated forum I am accountable to the moderators - I have to give an account to the Lord also. So raise your lamentation before the Father and spare me any further misdirection. I do hope that is clear sister - because it is in plain English and is in a meaning to address your hostility to those whom you cite as Calvinists regardless as to whether they say of themselves that they also believe in and have the gift of tongues - which is the theme of this thread.

May the Lord strengthen you to a zealous lamentation in His service sister.

S

SophieT

What I have said in this bible discussion forum is plain to see and whilst you are free to say just whatsoever you wish to say - I am also free to make relevant or if necessary off hand comments in proportion to what is said by others and has a spiritual meaning or what I receive that is clearly fleshy and demeaning. I said before hand - save yourself the effort of trying to incite me to a measure by which you or anyone else is equipped with a means to close down what I have said that is both clear and meaningful to the discussion. As to your grandfather - you raised him in context of sowing an offence - I raised him in context of his heredity as a Welshman and stated that you appear to have not inherited his heredity. Don't play with words sister - it won't work with myself and so save yourself the effort.

As to what I said in the opening comment I made to the thread opening comment - that too is also visible. Do you believe that by quoting me you can alter what I have said or its meaning? I know what I said and I stand by it. That some others may not know what I have said is a matter for them and cannot be a matter for myself. It is a matter for them and the Lord. So -raise a cry to the Father and ask Him to judge what I have said and you have my name to invoke your lamentation. I do not serve you I serve the Lord. I do not account to you - and whilst I accept that in a moderated forum I am accountable to the moderators - I have to give an account to the Lord also. So raise your lamentation before the Father and spare me any further misdirection. I do hope that is clear sister - because it is in plain English and is in a meaning to address your hostility to those whom you cite as Calvinists regardless as to whether they say of themselves that they also believe in and have the gift of tongues - which is the theme of this thread.

May the Lord strengthen you to a zealous lamentation in His service sister.
the type of 'advice' you are giving here, will not be well accepted. again, this is a discussion forum and not given to the type of correction you seem to want to dispense....whether true or not is not even the question here ...I've given my opinion on it

I said before hand - save yourself the effort of trying to incite me to a measure by which you or anyone else is equipped with a means to close down what I have said that is both clear and meaningful to the discussion.
oh it's no trouble at all for me to comment, anymore than it seems to be for you to freely and generously give it. so don't trouble yourself on my behalf. I am as autonomous as the next person here.

Do you believe that by quoting me you can alter what I have said or its meaning?
yeah. that has never entered my mind.

So -raise a cry to the Father and ask Him to judge what I have said and you have my name to invoke your lamentation. I do not serve you
LOL! aren't you being just a tad dramatic then?

as for your claim that I am hostile towards you, that is your observation since you seem to think your feet don't touch the ground when you walk...but my actual concern is for those you have wounded with your words and for those you have put off understanding what the op was originally meant to address

you really are not my special concern at all, but I do care about how people are taught and who does so. I make no claims to teaching anyone, but you do harm with your judgements and assurance that you are above correction

you do not have some special dispensation here to judge others of having an evil spirit...which you have clearly done...a wise person might keep that thought to themself and pray rather than publicly lambaste people who, again. YOU DO NOT KNOW

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
I don't know why the person who responded to you so negatively took such offense. but you are right in stating that emphasis on who we are in Christ is needed and people have been badly taught and respond with guilt rather than a spirit that is accepting of what God has done for them through Christ
Go and read what I said and how I said it, as I am the person you are speaking about. I stated quiet clearly what my concern was in the very first post I made into this thread. If you cannot understand what was said beyond the rational meaning of the words then that is because the underlying meaning is greater than mere words and in that sense I believe you also sense what I was speaking about - or at least you believe that you sense what I was speaking about. But even in that regard I clearly made the distinction to a meaning that has to do with positive confession precepts and stated that the actual direction of the words in the post I responded to would have to be prophetic seeing as the instruction was to claim Christ as his (the school teacher being directed in her (the thread authors) words.

It isn't difficult to understand because another poster responded that perhaps her words were prophetic and the teacher needed to be saved and not simply needed to hear that he was worthy in Christ. I read the school teachers 11 posts in this forum and clearly saw that he was already in the faith. It isn't so mystical as you imply - from which you gird up an accusation to my being manipulative and thinking of myself as having discernment and then latterly to finally tell me that I believe myself to be a prophet. Now in your @#448 post you tell me that I ought not to give you advise because I tell you to raise a lamentation before God. You miss your own unreasoning mind - the very post I began to address was set into those precise terms. The difference here sister is that I am not trying to be mystical or discerning or prophetic. I am making real observations with implied meanings that are of grave concern in the charismatic, word of faith and by now the pentecostal churches.

as for your claim that I am hostile towards you, that is your observation since you seem to think your feet don't touch the ground when you walk...but my actual concern is for those you have wounded with your words and for those you have put off understanding what the op was originally meant to address
My feet do touch the ground sister - treading upon serpents and scorpions. Not chasing flying myths that are predicated on psychological precepts and unworthy to be made by anyone claiming to be protecting others in the name of Christ. Shalom

S

SophieT

Go and read what I said and how I said it, as I am the person you are speaking about. I stated quiet clearly what my concern was in the very first post I made into this thread. If you cannot understand what was said beyond the rational meaning of the words then that is because the underlying meaning is greater than mere words and in that sense I believe you also sense what I was speaking about - or at least you believe that you sense what I was speaking about. But even in that regard I clearly made the distinction to a meaning that has to do with positive confession precepts and stated that the actual direction of the words in the post I responded to would have to be prophetic seeing as the instruction was to claim Christ as his (the school teacher being directed in her (the thread authors) words.

It isn't difficult to understand because another poster responded that perhaps her words were prophetic and the teacher needed to be saved and not simply needed to hear that he was worthy in Christ. I read the school teachers 11 posts in this forum and clearly saw that he was already in the faith. It isn't so mystical as you imply - from which you gird up an accusation to my being manipulative and thinking of myself as having discernment and then latterly to finally tell me that I believe myself to be a prophet. Now in your @#448 post you tell me that I ought not to give you advise because I tell you to raise a lamentation before God. You miss your own unreasoning mind - the very post I began to address was set into those precise terms. The difference here sister is that I am not trying to be mystical or discerning or prophetic. I am making real observations with implied meanings that are of grave concern in the charismatic, word of faith and by now the pentecostal churches.

My feet do touch the ground sister - treading upon serpents and scorpions. Not chasing flying myths that are predicated on psychological precepts and unworthy to be made by anyone claiming to be protecting others in the name of Christ. Shalom

as the op states, tongues is a precious gift from God

your words, not so much

you have bad mouthed me since I refuted your video which you presented to me as proof of Calvinism

I said then that it would depend on whether one is a Calvinist or not as to how they perceived the occurrence in that video

the subtle and not so subtle comments directed both to me and about me, are the result of your hostility regarding that comment

as people who actually care have left this thread, I will do likewise and leave you to your musings and silly directions about what I and others should do

you wish us all to know of your great exploits and how spiritual you are, yet you cannot seem to understand the rudimentary guiding of the Spirit of God and do not care who you tread on, never mind serpents and scorpions

you are not unique and not the first person here to behave in this manner.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
as the op states, tongues is a precious gift from God

your words, not so much

you have bad mouthed me since I refuted your video which you presented to me as proof of Calvinism

I said then that it would depend on whether one is a Calvinist or not as to how they perceived the occurrence in that video

the subtle and not so subtle results are the result of your hostility regarding that comment

as people who actually care have left this thread, I will do likewise and leave you to your musings and silly directions about what I and others should do

you wish us all to know of your great exploits and how spiritual you are, yet you cannot seem to understand the rudimentary guiding of the Spirit of God and do not care who you tread on, never mind serpents and scorpions

you are not unique and not the first person here to behave in this manner.
Either support what you say I have said and do it intelligently or else stop making acrid and fictitious claims. This is a forum - its an easy matter to post a link to a comment from any thread to make your point proof positive. Do that. When I begin to post what I came here for you may find that your misleading claims will need far more substance than simply making them. You will need proof - and not demeaning and off hand references to other threads where Calvinism has been refuted. Do you think you are up for that sister?

And just to say it - I couldn't give a hoot about defending Calvinism - I doubt that there are no more people who would recognise that tag than you could count on one hand in the UK. Yet I am most assuredly a Calvinist. But you will hardly find a single believer in the UK who knows me in that doctrinal school. In fact I reckon that I am more radically charismatic than you could stomach. But I do definitely refuse utterly false prophetic utterances that are not only mistaken but deeply harmful. Shalom sister.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I didn't say that a majority of anything trumps the words of Jesus. I was responding to a comment by yourself when you reacted to a comment I made to another poster. Context is king in linguistics not option. What I said and no more is that the gospel was spread to vast regions of the earth by men and women who had never received a baptism of the Holy Spirit - and certainly never did speak in tongues - other than learning the language of the region they were sent to. It is a contextual linguistic narrative that asserts that they clearly had some power else they could NOT have led anyone to Christ. Context is king - not opinion in any written or spoken word.
I did not say Baptism in the Holy Spirit in this post. I said Empowering of the Holy Spirit. Please try to stay in context to my post if you're going to respond to what you say in my comments.

CS1

May 23, 2012
NO Jesus is King the text must be in context with the application to know the authorial intent. If you are going to try and teach Hermentuetics to know those linguistics are not authoritative manty of us are learned in Greek and Hebrew. One doesn't have to be
linguistics to know Greek or Hebrew I speak five languages in including used in the gift of tongues. The modern tongue is a secular approach to supernatural empowerment. Human intellect is king not the word of God.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
NO Jesus is King the text must be in context with the application to know the authorial intent. If you are going to try and teach Hermentuetics to know those linguistics are not authoritative manty of us are learned in Greek and Hebrew. One doesn't have to be
linguistics to know Greek or Hebrew I speak five languages in including used in the gift of tongues. The modern tongue is a secular approach to supernatural empowerment. Human intellect is king not the word of God.
Grow up.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
And get a life.

Rhomphaeam

Dec 14, 2021
England
www.nblc.church
look in the mirror guy
If you insist in making meaningless claims when you have not read what has been said and flip flop over a misuse of terms and tell me you speak five languages and can't even write in your own first language without making even basic mistakes - I believe that I have every good and proper reason to refuse you any further. So get a life.

CS1

May 23, 2012
If you insist in making meaningless claims when you have not read what has been said and flip flop over a misuse of terms and tell me you speak five languages and can't even write in your own first language without making even basis mistakes - I believe that I have every good and proper reason to refuse you any further. So get a life.
I don't care what you think about me, nor do I care if you don't like my writing ability. You could not refute a gas cap guy.
I will place you on "ignore" because I can see you will not be with us very long and I don't want to be the cause for you to be gone. God bless you and I are done :)