Touchscreen at Doctors.

  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptainGoat
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh -- but, haven't you heard??? :confused:

Laughter is THE best medicine.

;)

:)

so says Reader's Digest.

but Proverbs ((17:22)) says "
a cheerful heart" is "good medicine" -- not "laughter" and not "best" - in fact it's written that "sorrow is better than laughter" ((Ecclesiastes 7:3))

& Solomon went on to say,

I said of laughter, "It is madness," and of pleasure, "What does it accomplish?"
(Ecclesiastes 2:2)​




hey don't get me wrong; i like Reader's Digest.

"it pays to enrich your WORD power"

​
​ :D​
 
I know it sounds a bit OCD, but when I use buses, especially in winter
when everyone is coughing and spluttering. I go wash my hands when I get
to where I'm going.

Im certain it's prevented a lot of colds. I hardly get any. I also don't want to
catch colds and take them home to my elderly aunt, who has COPD and needs
oxygen. I also pray and ask God to protect me from all the viruses.
It works! Last year everyone in my team at work, was off at least a few days
with awful colds. Then when they came back they were coughing and spluttering
for weeks on end. Whatever it was, it never touched me. Lol

I'm forever reminding the careers who come in, not to come to work if they
are not well. Some have turned up previously with flu, severe colds, winter
vomiting sickness bug. It's unbelievable that they go to work like this when they
are going from house to house dealing with elderly vulnerable people.
Unfortunately they are on zero hours contracts, if they don't work they don't get
paid. But a bad cold for them can be two weeks in hospital for my aunt.

Having said that one one of my brothers came to visit last year while he
has bronchitis! I told him off.

Some people are just thoughtless.

As for those touch screens I suppose you could carry hand gel if it bothers you. :)

Sad part about it is places where I have worked are safety critical. Now one is not allowed to work while I'll. Yet if one has a third sickness in a year one has the sack. I had one sickness and three or four times a day from the first day I was being phones to see if I was ready to come back into work. After day two or three I got fed up and thought I may as well go as I can't get any rest!
The next day I went to work. The trains manager saw me and said to go back home as I was not well. Immediately it counted as a second illness. So I had something like six months of not going I'll to keep the job!
After a month or two from there I quit the job after 9 years. One couldn't avoid catching sicknesses etc as one didnt always have access to wash ones hands. The sides of the trains where the outside handles are were coated with spots of toilet resedue after someone flushed. Worse still were trains fitted with toilet tanks instead as these had germs floating in the air and the stench from the tanks would be smelt the other side of the train. Far less hygienic then flushing onto the track!
 
happy-fingers.jpg
The best defence against touchscreens is happy fingers.
 
Sad part about it is places where I have worked are safety critical. Now one is not allowed to work while I'll. Yet if one has a third sickness in a year one has the sack. I had one sickness and three or four times a day from the first day I was being phones to see if I was ready to come back into work. After day two or three I got fed up and thought I may as well go as I can't get any rest!
The next day I went to work. The trains manager saw me and said to go back home as I was not well. Immediately it counted as a second illness. So I had something like six months of not going I'll to keep the job!
After a month or two from there I quit the job after 9 years. One couldn't avoid catching sicknesses etc as one didnt always have access to wash ones hands. The sides of the trains where the outside handles are were coated with spots of toilet resedue after someone flushed. Worse still were trains fitted with toilet tanks instead as these had germs floating in the air and the stench from the tanks would be smelt the other side of the train. Far less hygienic then flushing onto the track!

We have a sickness disciplinary procedures at my place too. I work for the civil service.
Take 7 days off in a rolling 12 month period and you get a verbal warning. At 14 days you
get your first written warning. If you take any more sick off in next 6 months you get
a second written warning. Any more sick leave and you get dismissed.

The weekends and bank hols also count in the sickness policy days. So if you are off
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday it's 4 days sick leave, even if you don't work
weekends.

I had 3.5 weeks off last year when I hurt my back. I had a slipped disc, sciatica, then
I pulled my back again and got a trapped nerve. I was suppose to have a written first
warning, but God intervened. My manger was too busy to set up the meeting so it
got overlooked. Then by the time she remembered, too much time had passed so she
had to let it go. But she said any more time off in next 12 months and I would get a
written warning.

Then in Feb this year I pulled my back again, it wasn't as bad but I had awful spasms
and could not stand up straight or sit up straight. It happened on the Thursday my day off.
But my back was still going into spasms on the Friday. So I rang up to ask if I could
take annual leave instead of sick leave.

My manager would not let me so I was forced to go into work to avoid a disciplinary.
I got a taxi and walked into work bent double. My managers manager took one look
at me and told me to go home, because I had made the effort they didn't discipline me.
But it still cost me two taxi fares there and back and also aggravated it.

Im still within the 12 month rolling sick period. So I have to wait until end of
September this year to clear last years sickness absence off my record. :(
 
We have a sickness disciplinary procedures at my place too. I work for the civil service.
Take 7 days off in a rolling 12 month period and you get a verbal warning. At 14 days you
get your first written warning. If you take any more sick off in next 6 months you get
a second written warning. Any more sick leave and you get dismissed.

The weekends and bank hols also count in the sickness policy days. So if you are off
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday it's 4 days sick leave, even if you don't work
weekends.

I had 3.5 weeks off last year when I hurt my back. I had a slipped disc, sciatica, then
I pulled my back again and got a trapped nerve. I was suppose to have a written first
warning, but God intervened. My manger was too busy to set up the meeting so it
got overlooked. Then by the time she remembered, too much time had passed so she
had to let it go. But she said any more time off in next 12 months and I would get a
written warning.

Then in Feb this year I pulled my back again, it wasn't as bad but I had awful spasms
and could not stand up straight or sit up straight. It happened on the Thursday my day off.
But my back was still going into spasms on the Friday. So I rang up to ask if I could
take annual leave instead of sick leave.

My manager would not let me so I was forced to go into work to avoid a disciplinary.
I got a taxi and walked into work bent double. My managers manager took one look
at me and told me to go home, because I had made the effort they didn't discipline me.
But it still cost me two taxi fares there and back and also aggravated it.

Im still within the 12 month rolling sick period. So I have to wait until end of
September this year to clear last years sickness absence off my record. :(
Problem we had was if we wanted to abuse the system it was easy. One train driver used to be off work for a day under six months a year on full pay and he had done it for years. Because it was classed as a single sickness it was OK. He actually could take more sick days off after... If he was sick for exactly six months or more it was sack time. I pointed it out when I had disciplinary and I was told he was a separate case! Nothing wrong with him as he had a log round in the six months he was off work. Oops. I mean a day under six months! (I dont want to get him in trouble!)
 
The railways was odd. Every day was a different start time and the shifts went right round the clock so one would often be in jet lag. For example I'd go from late night to early morning and my body would take three or four days for the numbness to subside as my body went numb. But each day was also different.
I once came in for the wrong shift about two years into the job. And the same shift caught me out about eight years into the job. There was a similar shift starting half an hour later I was confused with. On the second time I was asked to go in the office. (Up until that time this was the third time I was late for work in 8½ years. I was told "This is starting to form a pattern. I almost laughed right there! He didnt understand why I thought it was so funny!)
It is actually not that common today for train crew to make it into retirement. Also due to shift patterns the average life span is about ten years less then if one didnt work the shifts. I've heard of many staff who died shortly after retirement and one who died at 43 from natural causes.
 
A bit icky yes
but I think the doors of public toilets are worse.
You know, the kind where you have to pull the door shut when you leave ... and you KNOW there are (grown up!) people out there who don't wash their hands. EEEWWWWW
 
Brother was working on a farm. Helped him out now and then... One can't avoid bits of cow muck splashing up into ones mouth while pressure washing walls etc... It tastes like cheese and onion crisps, a comment my brother made and through experience I can second it!