Traditions of Men

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DesiredHaven

Desired Heaven,

It isn't all about her. Christ comes first, of course.
In Luke 1, didn't the angel Gabriel visit Mary and declare she is "highly favored by God"? (Luke 1)

Catholics do not worship Mary as God, we just honor her ask for her prayers.

1 Cor 6 indicates the saints are greater than angels. If Gabriel had a share of God's knowledge, so does Mary

I am not certain you would tell Jesus his mother was only a vessel.
I grew up in a catholic family, both my side and my husbands side is all catholic.

My mothers sister (my aunt) was a nun in the convent for many years.

I am quite familar with what comes first being among a number of them.

Simply saying that Christ comes first does not make it so. I witness it all the time. And was also not what my aunt come to believe when she had made a decision to leave the convent to put Jesus Christ above all of that.

Sure, they have lots of Jesus in cement, yes, but even for me as I have said before it was hard to grasp the mystery of Christ (in me) while staring at a huge cement figure of him (outside of) me.

Neither side of catholics in my family say a word about Jesus Christ, both sides of my family have gone on and on about everything but the Jesus Christ.

My husband has a huge catholic familiy and Jesus Christ doesnt receive a word of mention. Typical of catholics is dragging on and on over patron saints and Mary (and the prayers to her) and where the Pope might be traveling at any given time, their childrens classes and dresses, and monies receive at baptisms, rosarys, novenas and all the other stuff.

Its just strange to me and they dont ever read the scriptures but have all these religious entanglements.

The apostles of Jesus Christ did not do this, I rejected all of that as useless and vain, but some folks enjoy useless and vain.

G

Galahad

It isn't all about her. Christ comes first, of course.In Luke 1, didn't the angel Gabriel visit Mary and declare she is "highly favored by God"? (Luke 1)
1 Cor 6 indicates the saints are greater than angels. If Gabriel had a share of God's knowledge, so does Mary

Christ comes first.

Is this in sequence or rank?

Just ask her for her prayers.

Why?

But I am ...,

*certain the Catholic hierarchy would tell a lot of things to Jesus, starting with "By whose authority do you do these things" to "We are the vicar of you upon earth" to "Why do you violate the traditions?" to "We can pray through your mother."

*certain the Bible tells us to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.

*certain the Bible does not tell us to pray to or through Mary.

*certain the Bible tells us there is only one Redeemer of mankind, Jesus Christ.

*certain the Bible tells us far, far less about Mary than all that RCC has conjured about her.

Now then, who would dare think themselves an authority to put themselves in a position to instruct Jesus Christ?
"Jesus, your mom was just a vessel."

Peter, not the first pope of the RCC, tried it, thinking he knew what was best for Jesus Christ.
Jesus turned and looked and said to Peter "Get thee behind Me Satan, thou art an offence unto Me, for thou savourest not the things that be of God but those that be of men."

Who would dare?
Not Peter. He realized and changed. He learned he often spoke too soon.
Not me.
I doubt Desired would.
So who then?
The Catholic hierarchy, of course.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2014
one "tradition" of man is to kill other men.

jesus says whoever kills another man will die for killing him.

the vatican got around that by labeling the people they kill "not authentically human" (because anyone who won't bow down to demons and the pope is "not authentically human" according to their PRACTICE(the rcc) )

this is covered up like the holocaust of germany was, and for the exact same reason,

but is still provable, knowable, searchable, findable, and confirmed by YAHWEH, YAHSHUA, and all true believers in YAHSHUA.

it is forever unknown to unbelievers (as they are not granted mercy to see or know the TRUTH),

until and unless yahweh grants them mercy OR judgment to know.(before they die)

"The Vatican’s Holocaust, describes in detail the papacy’s continuing slaughter of millions of Christians in the 20th century. At the time of this writing, the complete text of The Vatican’s Holocaust is available on the internet for downloading at:

The Vatican'

The slaughter in Bosnia, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia and others is a direct result of the Vatican’s involvement in this area, but you will never hear about it"

M

mattp0625

I grew up in a catholic family, both my side and my husbands side is all catholic.

My mothers sister (my aunt) was a nun in the convent for many years.

I am quite familar with what comes first being among a number of them.

Simply saying that Christ comes first does not make it so. I witness it all the time. And was also not what my aunt come to believe when she had made a decision to leave the convent to put Jesus Christ above all of that.

Sure, they have lots of Jesus in cement, yes, but even for me as I have said before it was hard to grasp the mystery of Christ (in me) while staring at a huge cement figure of him (outside of) me.

Neither side of catholics in my family say a word about Jesus Christ, both sides of my family have gone on and on about everything but the Jesus Christ.

My husband has a huge catholic familiy and Jesus Christ doesnt receive a word of mention. Typical of catholics is dragging on and on over patron saints and Mary (and the prayers to her) and where the Pope might be traveling at any given time, their childrens classes and dresses, and monies receive at baptisms, rosarys, novenas and all the other stuff.

Its just strange to me and they dont ever read the scriptures but have all these religious entanglements.

The apostles of Jesus Christ did not do this, I rejected all of that as useless and vain, but some folks enjoy useless and vain.
I apologize for what your family spoke of. That does not make it Catholic belief.
Anyone can say they are Christian, but doesn't make it so.

Dec 26, 2014
exactly! that's why "promoting the heresy of rcc catholicism" is against the rules on this site.

the "christians" who own and run the site, and the "christians" who know experientially and

in person the WORD OF GOD,

agree
that

the "christians" who trust man instead of trusting GOD are not really "christian",

particularly the rcc which is (and always has been) known heresy.

... Anyone can say they are Christian, but doesn't make it so.

1joseph

Dec 14, 2014
Desired Heaven,

It isn't all about her. Christ comes first, of course.
In Luke 1, didn't the angel Gabriel visit Mary and declare she is "highly favored by God"? (Luke 1)

Why ask Mary for her prayers. Why not pray directly to the Father?

D

DesiredHaven

I apologize for what your family spoke of. That does not make it Catholic belief.
Anyone can say they are Christian, but doesn't make it so.
Agreed I never met a catholic being surround by catholics (and their catholic freinds, and theirs also) that went on about Jesus Christ

Its just not present, only about proving themselves to you (who really just dont have a message at all as far as I can tell).

Its just about themselves, in person or online, its the same song, US US US

Nothing there on JESus, he is not in any of their conversations, its just empty boasting (about US and their own trueness).

M

mattp0625

I am sorry you experienced that.

I assure you there is a better message.

I would suggest people's actions and words may not be the best place to find it

D

DesiredHaven

I am sorry you experienced that.

I assure you there is a better message.
Indeed, Jesus Christ, the cementless one, I have heard (thank God)

I just heard it outside of the catholic circle of things.

But thats what you get when you put your trust in men (things in cement) for the most part

M

mattp0625

Indeed, Jesus Christ, the cementless one, I have heard (thank God)

I just heard it outside of the catholic circle of things.

But thats what you get when you put your trust in men (things in cement) for the most part

Know this - Honest to goodness Catholics do not condemn other denominations. We try to focus on beliefs in common, not hatred for differences.

Other denominations seem to make a substantial portion of the discussion about condemning Catholics.

D

DesiredHaven

Know this - Honest to goodness Catholics do not condemn other denominations. We try to focus on beliefs in common, not hatred for differences.

Other denominations seem to make a substantial portion of the discussion about condemning Catholics.
I havent met one, but there is alot of say so about what is "true" of the one true church but I havent found even those claims as true, but I have debated with catholics many years and it just come back to themselves, nothing more then that, still not Jesus Christ.

And what I will do is back off of the discussion because what they are (and do) is unimportant to me I am not under the guidance of that specific entity.

M

mattp0625

Try going on youtube to listen to Sister Miriam James.

Or, try Mother Angelica on youtube.

I would also suggest Father Tom Dilorenzo

D

DesiredHaven

Try going on youtube to listen to Sister Miriam James.

Or, try Mother Angelica on youtube.

I would also suggest Father Tom Dilorenzo

I would say sit at Jesus feet and forget youtube

M

mattp0625

I thought you liked basing your opinions on the words of others? :)

D

DesiredHaven

I thought you liked basing your opinions on the words of others? :)
We are to judge what others say.

I do have opinions (even judgments) of others words