Transgendered People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ha! Gonna ask you a hard question. Is it okay for woman to wear men's pants and shoes?
Probably, but not in church. No playing of music with musical instruments either in church. Women are to remain silent and subservient. Not my point of view of course but there are those that believe this nonsense as you certainly know too.

D

Depleted

I see your point, Lynn

However, my post was in direct response to the OP's question about transgendered people, and what we as Christians should think of them. My assertion that we shouldn't try to "fix" what God has done was in reference to sex and gender only, because that's what the OP's question was about.

There are a small number of people who are born with both sets of sex organs, and they have to undergo surgery as well as other procedures & treatments to make them the sex/gender they wish to be. I didn't include such people in my earlier post. I was referring to people who are born one sex or the other and are just "dissatisfied" with the way they were born.

I am definitely on board with giving people artificial or prosthetic limbs and such if they happen to be born without them (or lose them due to illness or injury). To me, that's not telling God He's wrong; it's helping people to function in this world in all non-sexual areas.

I know it sounds inconsistent on my part, and I hope I haven't confused things further.

$0.02
I was going more with consistency in belief. If we aren't consistent, guaranteed those arguing for it, will call us on it.

And truth be known, those who seem born with both anatomies, usually aren't. The genes match the organs, but the organs are malformed, thus look like the other.

An old friend of mine was thought to be a boy when she was born. Her clitoris was enlarged and mangled in such a way, it looked like a penis. And skin formed over her vagina, so it was assumed she had none. She spent the first 12 years of her life being told she was a boy, but not feeling like one.

What changed was her period came, and yet no place for it to leave. Infection ensued, and when they found the cause, came the big "whoops." Ends up she always was a girl, but all signed pointed the wrong direction. Usually what happens, and, even then, it doesn't happen often.

But, I agree. There is a difference between how God set us to be, and disagreeing with him. A person born without a limb is something short of how God set us to be. Not less, just short a viable part. Trying to change parts, even if a person wants to remove a hand and put on a hoof, is changing what God set us to be.

Between your two cents and mine, do we have enough for a piece of penny-candy yet? (Do they even make penny-candy anymore? Is it quarter-candy now? lol)

D

Depleted

Following your position, would homosexuality still be a sin? After all, people opting for this surgery engage in such behavior, prior to any physical transformation.
Homosexuality is always sin. So is adultery. What surgery does is tell someone who is insane, (because having your body mutilated to scratch an itch, is as insane as possible), that it is okay to take the insanity in any direction they want. Not cool! Not loving! Seriously sin in the person who teaches that to an insane person! (I'm the one who talked about this using teddy bears as my analogy earlier.)

D

Depleted

Probably, but not in church. No playing of music with musical instruments either in church. Women are to remain silent and subservient. Not my point of view of course but there are those that believe this nonsense as you certainly know too.
If it was your viewpoint, JL would smack you for me. lol

Mobiosity

Mar 3, 2018
Sorry all, just been busy. I believe that God has given us the capability to fix errors in our make-up. I don't understand the difference between getting your nose fixed and having gender reassignment surgery. Both are changing the way we were made. It seems like the problem a lot of Christians have is that the surgery is being done on sex organs.

L

loverofjesus27

So what about the nose??????

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
So what about the nose??????
So the first thing is finding that dr. that specializes in nose jobs and sex changes. And God knows you don't want to get patients mixed up on that deal. That's one banger of a malpractice suit.

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

Sorry all, just been busy. I believe that God has given us the capability to fix errors in our make-up. I don't understand the difference between getting your nose fixed and having gender reassignment surgery. Both are changing the way we were made. It seems like the problem a lot of Christians have is that the surgery is being done on sex organs.
I find your argument specious on two counts. First, there are scores of people who are not Christians who do not agree with transgenderism. Secondly, your analogy of a nose to genitalia is very strained. There is a vast difference between fixing your nose (something you already possess) and gaining bits you do not already have to become a woman and chopping off bits you do have, not to mention bombarding your body with female hormones which you were not meant to have.

Even supposing a baby was born without a nose and gained a prosthetic nose, in the normal course of development, said baby would have developed a nose. Said baby would not have developed female parts if he is a baby boy (XY).

Transgenderism is akin to Frankenstein’s monster- cobbling together something unnatural. As with Frankenstein, the doctor sinned more than the monster who was mentally deranged.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If you're a woman, adding a wanker isn't gonna turn you into a man. And if you're a man, adding boobs and private parts ain't gonna turn you into a woman. :/

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Transgenderism is akin to Frankenstein’s monster- cobbling together something unnatural. As with Frankenstein, the doctor sinned more than the monster who was mentally deranged.
I was discussing this very same thing with a friend of mine at work last week. Not sure how we got on that topic but both agreed that the doctor was probably the true monster.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Transgenders don't look like the opposite sex. They look like the opposite sex in drag.. lol

L

La_Vie_En_Rose

I was discussing this very same thing with a friend of mine at work last week. Not sure how we got on that topic but both agreed that the doctor was probably the true monster.
The older I get, the more it becomes apparent that “The love of money is the root of all evil.”

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
It starts with the children. Satan lies to them and they think they were born in the wrong body. The Bible says children are full of foolishness. The problem arises when the parents allow those children to continue in their foolishness. Sexual preference is a learned trait. I have seen tom-boyish girls and effeminate boys turn out quite normal as long as they were made to mind.

When you speak against homosexuality, you are called homo-phobic. In reality it is not fear but disgust at their lifestyle choice. I agree with this definition: Gender dysphoria occurs when there is a persistent sense of mismatch between one’s experienced gender and assigned gender. Children get confused enough without telling them God made a mistake in their case.

A friend recently said: “How naïve can you be? Same-sex marriage will change everything. For the agenda is not just about equal opportunity for homosexual couples in a relationship, but to radically change Western society for the worse. From promoting transgender and homosexual choices in kindergartens to confusing children in schools through the same sexual politics of gender fluidity and encouraging homosexual emotions and sex.”

When they are out of the closet, they are recruiting. blue-smiley-that-says-no-emoticon.gif

D

Depleted

Are you planning in "fixing" your nose into an elbow? Because no surgeon will turn your nose into an elbow.

D

Depleted

Yup, the story was always about the monster named Frankenstein, not the creature he made.

D

Depleted

It starts with the children. Satan lies to them and they think they were born in the wrong body. The Bible says children are full of foolishness. The problem arises when the parents allow those children to continue in their foolishness. Sexual preference is a learned trait. I have seen tom-boyish girls and effeminate boys turn out quite normal as long as they were made to mind.

When you speak against homosexuality, you are called homo-phobic. In reality it is not fear but disgust at their lifestyle choice. I agree with this definition: Gender dysphoria occurs when there is a persistent sense of mismatch between one’s experienced gender and assigned gender. Children get confused enough without telling them God made a mistake in their case.

A friend recently said: “How naïve can you be? Same-sex marriage will change everything. For the agenda is not just about equal opportunity for homosexual couples in a relationship, but to radically change Western society for the worse. From promoting transgender and homosexual choices in kindergartens to confusing children in schools through the same sexual politics of gender fluidity and encouraging homosexual emotions and sex.”

When they are out of the closet, they are recruiting. View attachment 180799
It is as much a mental illness as depression. There is never just-one-cause. And childhood isn't always the cause.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
It is my understanding that science has proven that if a person has only two X chromosomes, that person is female.

If a person has only an X and a Y chromosome, that person is male.

If a person has two X chromosomes and a Y chromosome, that person will be male, have Klinefelter's Syndrome and be sterile.

Surgery to change the look of the body will not change the sex of the body.

God makes short people and tall people. He makes some without arms and legs (lifewithoutlimbs.org), some blind from birth (John 9), others with Downs Syndrome, and others with more or less intelligence.

All of us, however God made us, are responsible to Him to glorify Him with the lives He has given us. Usually that means accepting the way God has made us, tall or short, healthy or ill, smart or not so, or male or female.

Undergoing operations to change the appearance of ones sex does not change ones sex. Our sex is written in every cell of our body.

This is the way God designed us before the creation of the world. We should learn how to glorify God with the bodies He has given us, like Nick Vujicic (lifewithoutlimbs.org) who was born with no arms or legs, instead of charging God with making a mistake in our birth.

Unfortunately, this only applies to those who accept that there is a creator God who made them as they are. The rest of the world are not likely able to be reasoned with regarding this. So, what can you do?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Bruce Jenner is still Bruce Jenner. He's NOT "Caitlin". No amount of surgery, female hormones and cutting off his wanker, will change that. He was born a boy and will die as a boy...

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Bruce Jenner is still Bruce Jenner. He's NOT "Caitlin". No amount of surgery, female hormones and cutting off his wanker, will change that. He was born a boy and will die as a boy...

I had not heard that. EWWWW!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That really puts soy boys in a tough spot.

If you knew my family, you'd know why I don't go around passing out answers to questions like that ;). The intent of the Bible passage is: "Don't dress to look like a guy unless you are one!"