Travelling to the UK

  • Thread starter Thread starter toinena
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Guest
Wednesday I am going to take a mini vacation to the UK. It was meant as a joke, went through a romantic encounter to just become an adventure. And I am really excited.

I have been to both England and Scotland. England more times than I remember. I used to spend my summers in Oxfordshire playing in an orchestral course. I have been there on a class trip when I was 18, I have been there many times with friends and family. But yet this is special.

I wasn't going anywhere, but I told my friend as a joke when she was helping with the tax return that if I get 10 000 NOK back, I'll pay for us to go to London. If I get 20 000 back, she can bring her husband. I thought I was going to pay 50 000... but I was shocked to see I got 12 000 back. So I had to go.

I have been speaking with a man in England over the last couple of months, and suddenly the plan was clear. We were going to meet. For a date. And then it wasn't, because he felt God wasn't in it. Long story short, we are not going to meet.

We were a bit afraid of terrorism. So we decided not to go to stay in the center of London, but rather just drop there for a day. Then we thought we were going to Canterbury to see the lovely cathedral, but there were no room in the in. So I changed plans. We go to Cardiff, Wales! For some reason. Not sure why. But the more I think about it, the more excited I get. It is a beautiful town, and I have found a really nice place to have afternoon tea on Friday. We are travelling by train from London, and that in itself makes me happy.

So. What is going to happen on this trip? I have no idea. I want to buy tea, although my cupboard is full already. And I really would like a new cashmeere cardigan. My favorite is already 6 years old if not older, and I seem to use it daily through the winter. It has been repaired about 10 times already. And then I would like to buy some antispetic cream from the chemists. That's all.

It seems like this is going to be the adventure of a life time. I am even more excited about this than when I went to China! I don't have high expectations. But something tells me this is going to be a trip to remember.