Troublesome things you would ban

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would ban all self check out stations.
why?
Just wondering.
I think they are handy, certainly the library has been using them decades before shops cottoned on to them. As long as there are still conventional check out counters there as well I dont see a big problem.

some people dont need to buy all that much and its quicker.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, I prefer the self-checkout, as It seems some clerks.."don't give a darn"..about their jobs...only there for the money..
Can't tell you how many times I've been double charged. It add up.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
why?
Just wondering.
I think they are handy, certainly the library has been using them decades before shops cottoned on to them. As long as there are still conventional check out counters there as well I dont see a big problem.

some people dont need to buy all that much and its quicker.
I like people, and I don't like bagging my own groceries.

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
I would ban all self check out stations.
We are about 20 miles from KY state line.

I have spent a great part of my life in big cities. I grew up in a suburb of Detroit.

Spent 8 years in Maine from 2005 to 20014. I left after my late second wife died as there was nothing to keep me there. That was in Rockland on the coast. Moved there from Orlando so my late second wife could be close to her elderly parents. By the time I left she was dead along with both of her parents. The whole 8 years I was in a strange place and isolated from my family in Orlando. I wrote about this many times in various posts and threads.

My wife is JesusLives and I will tell her that you said hello. She is my third and last wife. First marriage was a disaster and ended in 1984 after 6 1/2 hellish years. I wrote about this too many times. Live and learn. What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. I must be a strong man then.
Yes, there is a big difference in big cities and small towns. I've lived in bigger cities, but coming from a small town it just wasn't what I was used to so I never really liked it.

I did like that there are more stores and more options for things to do for fun in cities. What I could never get used to was the sirens that seemed to be going constantly day and night. Big cities seem to be much more dangerous.

Being away from family is difficult.

Relationships can be difficult. Sorry you hear you had so much trouble. Sounds like you have been blessed with a good wife now. Really is cool that you met her on this site. It is awesome how God works :)

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
if shopping carts were banned, maybe you would get better customer service. lol

I think I would love to live in the country but would take a while adjusting to country ways. Just thinking of all that land as far as the eye can see. You can grow things, and have lots of animals. You can walk anywhere and not constantly bump into people. when people migrate from the country to the city, they do stick out and find it hard to adjust to city living. I think its sad they have to give up their land to go find jobs in the city. Its not that easy...or convenient at all. Sometimes things are just harder.

the hardest things about living in the city is that noticing just how people dont respect their environment, although I am supposing in the country there are pretty dirty broken down areas as well, and some farms have questionable practices..like the dirty rivers etc.
Yes, you might be right on the customer service part. lol

Living in the country is like living in a different world compared to living in a city. Past 9pm here you don't see many cars on the roads. You don't bump into as many people, either. For the most part the people you do come in contact with are laid back and friendly not rude. In the country there is plenty of land and open spaces to watch animals in nature and enjoy the beauties of God's creation.

I agree, it is sad when people have to migrate from their homes to find better jobs in the cities, but it does happen.

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
Shopping carts ( or as some call..trolleys) can be a problem.
Re: Aldi's..where you insert a quarter and can get it back...some people don't care and still leave them in the parking lot.
The solution at one store was a tall pole attached, that you couldn't get out of the store with the cart.(Think it was a Dollar Tree)
Of course, this limited the amount of shopping done..to what you COULD carry out by yourself..I guess for small shopping amounts.
Maybe 2 bags full..one for each ✋ hand.
I also hear shopping carts referred to as buggies sometimes. Not that I would ever do such a thing:censored:o_O:love:

BrokenSparrow

Sep 12, 2016
@Billyd sorry I wasn't trying to reply to your post. So I know my comment doesn't make sense in regards to it. I think I accidentally hit reply trying to give you a like. I tried to delete the reply but when I replied to tourist it still connected to it :unsure:o_O

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes, there is a big difference in big cities and small towns. I've lived in bigger cities, but coming from a small town it just wasn't what I was used to so I never really liked it.

I did like that there are more stores and more options for things to do for fun in cities. What I could never get used to was the sirens that seemed to be going constantly day and night. Big cities seem to be much more dangerous.

Being away from family is difficult.

Relationships can be difficult. Sorry you hear you had so much trouble. Sounds like you have been blessed with a good wife now. Really is cool that you met her on this site. It is awesome how God works :)
God has indeed blessed me with a good wife.

My late second wife was a good wife too but she was in declining health when I met her in 2002 and later, due to severe psoriatic arthritis was practically immobile. The entire time (8 years) in Maine I was her main caregiver. This was in addition to working a physical full time job and dealing with her adult son who refused to work.

She died in 2014. I left Maine a week later after the funeral service. All I had left after 11 years of marriage was a broken heart and my clothes stuffed in a duffle bag. I took a bus back to Orlando. Told her son that the game was now over. Never looked back.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I like people, and I don't like bagging my own groceries.
do you still insist on seeing a bank teller and refuse to use an atm? Just wondering.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I also hear shopping carts referred to as buggies sometimes. Not that I would ever do such a thing:censored:o_O:love:
we (nzers) call them trolleys but some people call them trundlers, or the sign says trundlers but NOBODY here ever calls them that.

A buggy is more like those golf carts. we call them golf buggies. Now imagine if people were just driving them all over the supermarket, like a drive thru supermarket. Probably thats already happening in some places who have gone totally overboard with every single thing all under one roof. I guess they call them super mega hyper markets.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well tarot cards is next on my list
in the bookshop/stationery shop I work in anyway. Id just make it so they are unavailable.
But then where do you draw the line. Playing cards? Harry potter books? dice? Monopoly?

btw apparently copies of The secret by Rhonda Bryne always get stolen as well.

Instead of tarot cards Id just have Bible verse cards and instead of tarot readings I would have Bible readings.

I would cover the Bibles with dustjackets that make it look like The Secret book but inside its actually the Bible ....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh yeah... Lanolin just reminded me of something else I want to ban: Semantic nit-picking. :rolleyes:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was out shopping yesterday at kmart this time and they have trolleys but the trolleys were all over the foodpath outside cos peoole couldnt be bothered returning them

I dont know if this was because they had not many trolley bays to park them or people just lazy and dont want to put them away. Sometimes they are just left in the parking spaces. I mean is it just too hard to return them back to the store.

And who is buying so much stuff they cant even carry it in their own bags? Most heavy goods already come in a cardboard box so its not like there is no protective packaging.

who goes around kmart buying trolley loads of stuff anyway. the mystery lazy people perhaps?

its much easier to just carry stuff back to the car in your own bags than have to deal with a huge trolley anyway.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think I will write to those businesses and make a suggestion and see if I get a response.
If businesses cant be bothered to be reesponsible for their own waste then they should go under or get shut down is my view

The biggest polluters are big businesses. There seems to be no environmental protection at all. If a big business wants to pour all their chemicals and crap down a river as long as they making money there seems to be no law to stop it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
tip...if a bag has handles you can actually use your SHOULDERS to take most of the weight

That is why a lot of sturdy shopping bags have longer handles. But I guess some people just dont know how to carry a bag..?!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...shopping-trolleys-solution-education-14138764

aint gonna work, its so stupid. who really wants the job of fetching trolleys all day. Nobody.

My solution WILL work.
You buy your own trolley and you only bring your own trolley. It could fold down in your car if you are shopping with your car.

Otherwise you just carry things in your own bags or boxes. If the goods are way to heavy you bring your car near to the store and get a staff member to help you or you get it delivered to your door. You pay a little bit more for this service.

I am just so sick of this. Ok my power trip is over.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
just saw this thread, jumping in.

the most troublesome thing i would ban- most governments and most of t v media.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
just saw this thread, jumping in.

the most troublesome thing i would ban- most governments and most of t v media.
would you just have anarchy and not have a tv.
sounds bit hippieish but could work.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My thing would be to ban shopping trolleys. I wouldnt ban shops, but just the trolleys. Why, well I think people ought to bring their own trolleys if they are wanting to buy soooo much stuff they cant even carry it. and then those trolleys wont end up dumped in the creek.
You realize that many, many peoples live quite far away from Grocery Stores? It would be impossible for a Parent or Parents to purchase all they require to provide for their family IF they only purchase what they could carry. They would be making numerous trips back and forth from home to Store to do so. The wasted time, and the excessive burning of fuel to do so would be far more harmful than the Store providing a shopping cart IMO.

As well, many mothers/fathers, when they go shopping, have to take their children. Some may be toddlers that need to be carried. How do they carry the child AND the groceries they purchase?

"S'ides" whatcha got against the good old shopping cart? Shoot, they have so very many uses.......

1627723722746.jpeg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
My "rant" is:

I would ban from CC all Posts where the person simply posts "pfishing" questions and NEVER posts their thoughts to the questions posted......... This is a favorite trick of trolls just to see what they can "stir up."