Yes, truth and the sheep, know his voice, Christ's and follow, Yes, Yes and yes again, God is Faithful and causes each one of his Children to stand, Thanks savedbygrace for the reassurance
Certianly Shaul was what most people would call "born again" when he wrote this, yet he thought he could fall short.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize, and make it yours. And everyone who competes conducts himself temperately in all things. Now they compete to obtain a perishable crown; but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man who beats the air. No, I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."
1 Corinthians 4:4-5, "For I know nothing by myself; yet by this I am not justified, for He Who judges me is Yahweh! Therefore, judge nothing before the time. Wait until Yahshua comes, Who will bring to light the things hidden in darkness, and will reveal the secret intentions of men's hearts; and then each man will receive praise from Yahweh."
Star,
I'll retract my 'all' statement only because I am not willing to take the time to go through each verse in question. Lesson learned on my part not to go 'hyperbole'.
Let me briefly just mention this quote of yours and see what you think..
"While the scripture does indicate that Christians have security in Christ Jesus, it also reveals that our security is conditional"
To this I would suggest that perhaps the 'condition' placed on us is to see our only and full security is to be found in Jesus and not in anything in us...thinking on this verse-
For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more:
(Php 3:3-4)
Perhaps we can agree thus far.
Could it be that we think that it's a narrow gate, but not a narrow way? That a born again Christian walks a narrow way or path in this life because it is contrary to the world altogether
A True Believer is secured in the Faith because of their New Birth Principle and inward Sanctification Jer 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law / gospel in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And this means they cannot sin, cannot apostatize, the seed of immortal life remains in them 1 Jn 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Yes, the scripture does speak of some who depart from the Faith, but guess what, that merely means they were not born of God or saved in the first place 1 Jn 2:19
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
The word continued here is the same word John uses in 1 Jn 3:9 for the word remaineth 1 Jn 3:9
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
However those who Truly know the Truth from that inward principle given in the New Birth, that Truth shall be in us and with us forever 2 Jn 1:1-2
1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.82